• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What fairly good character fits my playstyle best?

Tohoya

Smash Rookie
I've been playing Lucario quite a bit lately, despite his weaknesses. I like that he's got a good projectile, a good air game, and a counter, but probably the thing I like him the mot for is his crazy fast dodge roll. I love the hit-and-run gameplay the engenders, rolling all around an opponent looking for an opening, then rolling out quickly to escape from retaliation. Unfortunately, I've grown sick of Lucario's ineffectiveness at low percents, and the fact that getting the KO second puts me at a severe disadvantage. Are there any better characters that have a similar playstyle to what I'm describing?

Rash

Smash Ace
Sonic, probably.

Though just as a note, all of the characters in Brawl are "fairly good." It's great to be able to say that.

SETHMASTEROFPKMN

Smash Cadet
NOT Bowser, Donkey Kong, or King Dedede. They are all too big and slow for your goal.

Sounds like you want someone fast, with good aerial game and the ability for hit-and run (*cough*cheap*cough*jking*cough*). Sonic and Wolf are good characters. Wolf is slow, but his knockback and attack style works to make it SEEM as if he can hit-and-run. Sonic, being the fasted character in the game, is the best hit-and-run character in the game. He can easily combo off of a Spin Dash or any other attack, and the ability to attack after recovering is always useful. Though his attacks aren't as fast as Meta Knight's (who has the fastest ATTACKs in the game) they have a good amount of knockback that goes well with your ability to chase them down. And when you want the run part, just dash away. Nothing to it.

Pikachu'sBlueWizardHat

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu is a great hit-and-run character. Although I play him a little bit differently than just pure hit-and-run, he has the speed and fast attacks that make hit-and-run tactics easy. Also Pikachu has a projectile, so that's something over Sonic at least.

Top Bottom