• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What exactly causes Lucina/Marth's Dolphin Slash to occasionally miss the ledge?

blueshirt314

Smash Cadet
I lost more than a few stocks tonight when I attempted to sweetspot the ledge, only to pop over it just slightly and be a sitting duck for a forward smash. I cannot seem to get the sweetspot every single time. What gives"

Flowen231

Smash Apprentice
Dolphin Slash is a move that doesn't sweet spot the ledge automatically unless you start it from very far down, but if you point your control stick towards the ledge quickly enough, you can snap to it from any distance.

SuperScope

Smash Cadet
You're to close to the edge when you up b. The move snaps at the height of the animaton. I suggest dropping lower before you up b.

TrashWizard

Smash Cadet
NNID
n1nj4t2
Had this happen a few times and found that there is a window in which it won't snap; the ideal way to get around this is as previous posters say, drop lower, however there is a small area in which you can snap to ledge with an angled dolphin slash which you cannot snap with regular dolphin slash, due to the different height in which the angled dolphin slash goes at.

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
maybe the one second rule? Beefy Smash Doods did a video; if you take knockback from a move, you cant grab ledge for one second. So maybe you got hit by like a mario fireball or something then didn't snap ledge

Top Bottom