• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What equipment do you use for your characters?

JaggedToaster

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3566-1736-1557
I've never been a fan of equipment. I love custom moves, but equipment just doesn't seem right to me.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Equipment probably won't be legal, ever. Customs, maybe. Depends a lot on how EVO goes. Equipment just changes too much about how Smash works and operates for most players to be comfortable with it.

ICXCM

Smash Cadet
Love equipment. Depends on the characters natural strengths. Two mainline experiments, push the character in a natural direction, or an opposite. I have an ultra fast Lucina with high damage, and I have a tank like Peach. I dig the attributes, my Peach has explosion on perfect shield. Might seem abnormal, but Smash 4 clearly isn't melee. So #YOLO.

Berrial

Smash Cadet
+ Traction (sliding) and smooth lander.
Definitely my favourite 2 equipments.

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
I'm glad you asked. I don't have my 3DS around but two of my favorite ones I made recently are a power focused G&W that has Extreme Judge custom (1's and 9's) and has a Critical Hit with a 20% chance of increased damage, another power badge, and some agility badge. So he is mostly just weak in defense, without being slow. I like that I pushed G&W to be a bigger gambler with the 1's and 9's, critical hits, and increased damage but weakened defense. Mr. Game & Watch is all in ;)

My broken one is Link, who is easy to break. Power Bow custom (duh), Meteor Bombs, Multihitting Boomerang, and Electric Hurricane Spin. I gave him the highest legendary sword for a power boost, but also a small power badge that gave him 1.5x Damage on Thrown Items (Bombs, possibly boomerang), and a legendary shield. So he is a little slow, but when that charged Power Bow hits you you're gone. The bombs are also quite nice.

I have a Toon Link with the Horizontal Hurricane Spin and Short-Fuse (POWERFUL) Bombs and Quick Fire Arrows. For badges I gave him Glide Badge (weak power but effect) for Increased Lateral Movement, that same Item Tossing Badge for 1.5x Thrown Damage (so his bombs are seriously freaking bombs, too powerful), and a defense badge. Overall he is Defense, but a short hop Horizontal Spin can take you all the way across FD for a quick get away (or to camp if you that sort of person, which I am not).

All in all equipment is very fun, but probably not for tournaments unless it was regulated.

Exploding Perfect Shield with Easy Perfect Shield would be banned on the spot. We had a custom/equipment 3DS tournament when it first came out and we had an autohealing DK with those badges that won. Boy was that a salty day.

cheezy

Smash Rookie
NNID
cheez124
3DS FC
2664-2287-2711
i have a zelda with a set of smooth lander boots, makes her so much more fun to use. landing those sweetspot fairs and bairs is a lot less risky

smooth lander on anyone is great, tbh

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
I feel like the only one that doesn't notice a huge game-changing difference with smooth lander and it sucks :/ I have a Smooth Lander build on most characters on my Wii U in case friends want to, but it's not a make-or-break deal for me. Though I do throw it on Falco and Fox just because it feels like the proper thing to do.

I can't wait for the Tournament Mode update for Wii U, I'm going to join so many broken equipment tournaments. It's gonna be fun playing Smash 4 to it's fullest :)

Top Bottom