• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What enemies would you like to face in the story mode?

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
I want Medusa to be a boss. If Tabuu makes some sort of comeback that would be pretty awesome too!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'd like to see these guys as a boss:

And, for the final boss (I've made it even better):

But seriously, I would love to see more classic enemies from the different franchises. But I'd love it if this original enemy returns:

Cute!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hades as a boss. With dialogue. It would be epic.

Other bosses I'd consider interesting would be Phantamanta (that manta ray boss from Sunshine that divides itself when hit), Phantom Ganon (for the classic energy ball tennis) or Phantoon (his Other M incarnation was a complete bullet hell that would be interesting in Smash).

Giga Bowser could make a comeback as a difficult bonus boss.

OmegaRS

Smash Apprentice
My thoughts with bosses is that if they are plausible as a playable character, (Decent size with a good moveset) they better be a playable character, so that throws out characters like Masked Man from Mother 3 being strictly a boss.

That being said I'd want these enemies:
Mario: Goombas, Koopas, Hammer Bros, Boos
Donkey Kong: Kremlings, Zingers, Klap Traps
Yoshi: Shy Guys, Snifits, Wigglers (I know these enemies can be considered Mario enemies, but let's give Yoshi some love)
Zelda: Deku Scrubs, Redeads, Octoroks, Skulltulas, Chuchus, Bokoblins
Metroid: Space Pirates, Metroids
Kirby: Waddle Dees, Waddle Doos, Knuckle Joes, Bronto Burts, Scarfies
Pikmin: Bulborbs (That's really the only enemy I know from Pikmin)
StarFox: If there is no new StarFox game, I guess we could just do Aparoids since every other enemy flies in a ship...
Pokemon: I like the Team Rocket idea from an earlier post
Fire Emblem: Risen
Mother: Pig Masks
Sonic: Various Badniks

As for bosses:
Mario: Giga Bowser
Donkey Kong: Klubba and/or Kudgel
Zelda: Ganon
Metroid: Mother Brain, Kraid
Kirby: Marx
StarFox: Andross
Pokemon: N
Fire Emblem: Black Knight, Grima
Mother: Giygas, Miracle Fassad
Sonic: Dr. Eggman in a mech

I would also like, not exactly a boss per se, but a chase level involving running from Mother 3's Ultimate Chimera.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Dark Nuts should be mid-bosses.
Some dragon from Fire Emblem as well. :awesome:

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Why ya know? We got a buncha franchises, with A BUNCHA enemies to choose from. Koopas, Goombas, Shy Guys, Re-Deads, the list goes on. We need better bosses and ATs as well. Medusa, Black Knight, King Boo, Pokemon Trainer N, Dark Samus ect. They would all make good bosses.

Just silly to make stupid nothing characters when we have so much to choose from!
I agree! Thought, I alrerady said, I can accept hybrid or modified characters as long as you can clearly detect the original chars they are derivated from.
Think of the Paper Mario series: Some of the characters were original but at the same time closely related to classic enemies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The sad part is that Melee had more enemies. Redeads, Octorocs, Likelikes, topi and Sun Glasses wearing Polar Bears. Also I'm not sure if it's a false memory but I think a Redead came out of a barrel once.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I want something like the Melee adventure mode were you get a level or two from each series with enemies from series and obstacles from series, etc.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
The sad part is that Melee had more enemies. Redeads, Octorocs, Likelikes, topi and Sun Glasses wearing Polar Bears. Also I'm not sure if it's a false memory but I think a Redead came out of a barrel once.
I got that twice and a goomba once.

I want something like the Melee adventure mode were you get a level or two from each series with enemies from series and obstacles from series, etc.
Eyup! That and the Brawl's story mode structure, or a better one.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
But seriously, I would love to see more classic enemies from the different franchises. But I'd love it if this original enemy returns:

Cute!
Big Primid...
I don't think they will recicle enemies from the past episodes of the series. And, honestly, I agree on the "not original enemies, please!" part. Except if they are clear relatives of enemies in the franchises or knockoff from other games, like the male and female wireframes of SSB Melee, that are evident parodies of the Virtua Fighter characters. Expecially the female one.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I just realized a thing: The copy ability of Kirby is almost useless in the story mode. Unless...

A) There are enemies from his game he could copy the abilities from. But this would require more models for Kirby.

B) There are original enemies that gives kirby the same attributes he can gain by coping the playable characters.

Which solution would you choose?

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I would just want more of the classic enemies from the character series in the game, like actual enemies from Kirby and LOZ, Donkey Kong, etc.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Like what?? Google doesn't find the word.
I personally like the idea of hybrid enemies. Can you imagine a hybrid among a goomba and a redead? I surely can.
How about when you defeat a hybrid enemy it splits into the original enemies composing it?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
BluePikmin said GhiraHades, Ghirahim + Hades. :laugh:

I want to see Mewtwo wear Link's cap and turn into Newtwo. :troll:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I want Giga Bowser as a boss.:awesome:
Me too soo much! He was wayyy better as a boss.
I also want Adventure mode 2.0
Is it a crime to want to have

Classic
Adventure
and Story mode?

Also lol i wouldnt mind if All-Star came back but it would take a hour or so to do lol.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
All-Stars mode will surely return, maybe with a different name like "Marathon mode".
You want Adventure mode 2.0 because it had familiar enemies. And I understood that. I want familiar enemies too. And by familiar I mean, as I already said, enemies you can relate to classic enemies you already know, like were the ones in the Paper Mario series. Speaking of which, since some of allies and shoppers in the saga where obviously derived from old enemies, like the female boos, I think it would be interesting to see enemies derived from old allies, like evil toads or nasty gorons,

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
All-Stars mode will surely return, maybe with a different name like "Marathon mode".
You want Adventure mode 2.0 because it had familiar enemies. And I understood that. I want familiar enemies too. And by familiar I mean, as I already said, enemies you can relate to classic enemies you already know, like were the ones in the Paper Mario series. Speaking of which, since some of allies and shoppers in the saga where obviously derived from old enemies, like the female boos, I think it would be interesting to see enemies derived from old allies, like evil toads or nasty gorons,
Loool ''Marathon mode'' good one. Loool
Or endless mode.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Like people have said King Boo as a boss sounds good.

But instead of just hack and slashing him, make it a maze where you have to find him in the dark with a torchlight before you can hit him, and he keeps sneaking up on you from behind and damaging you..... or something along those lines. Just some creativity please Sora!

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Loool ''Marathon mode'' good one. Loool
Or endless mode.
Nope! Endless would be in Multiman mode. Speaking of which, it would be interesting if, instead of some made up fighters, you have actual enemies from the franchises themself. Maybe the ones you already found in the story mode or ones that didn't fit in the story mode. Or both.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I just realized a thing: The copy ability of Kirby is almost useless in the story mode. Unless...

A) There are enemies from his game he could copy the abilities from. But this would require more models for Kirby.

B) There are original enemies that gives kirby the same attributes he can gain by coping the playable characters.

Which solution would you choose?
Most of Kirby's hats don't even affect his model, so the main issue would more likely be associated with his moveset.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Still an issue to solve.
Obviously the third solution is he will not have any enemy to copy at all. But I don't like that at all!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It always bugged my that as Kirby you couldn't swallow Dedede's Waddle Doos and get the Beam power as a super secret Easter Egg.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
What kind of goomba would you like to face?

I think the best would be to have both the red and the brown goombas.

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
Tiny, gloved hands that float around. Call 'em Minion Hands. :upsidedown:

...What? Master Hand's gotta be the master of something.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Thanks! I tell you: I'd like to see the motherbrain****er koopa troopa these belongs to:

grizby2

Smash Lord
a lot of bosses from mother series listed here, but not a lot of normal enemies I see..

here are some of the more recognizable ones. I thiiink.

The worthless protoplasm

the Starmen

rambling evil mushroom

rinocerocket

Carpet monster

Spiteful crow

filthy attack roach

Short circuit zap!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Some Underworld enemies thanks to KI:U. Nothing like fighting Monoeyes.

Top Bottom