• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What does ROB's 2.6 boost offer over 2.5?

Oracle

Smash Master
One of the big rob changes I always wondered about was the side boost change from 2.5 to 2.6. 2.5s boost is much much better for low to the ground aerials, because if you input a boost immediately after leaving the ground you'll still go up a bit, which gives you more time for your aerial to come out before you land. This let you do things like immediate side b-> uair to catch peoples jumps. Now, if you use that same input speed you'll generally hit the ground before the move comes out. This is really difficult to deal with playing rob, and was one of my main reasons for dropping him in 2.6, because the aerial pressure is so much worse now.

Has anyone found a way that 2.6 boost give some advantage over 2.5? I can't for the life of me, but I could be overlooking something.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I also like 2.5 side-b boost over 2.6, makes it easier to start side-b earlier while falling, but still end up low to the ground for a perfect waveland
2.1 boost is still my favorite but whatever... neutral movement be damned, all we do in here is spastically approach and hope people are too stupid to bait out boost->fairs

and yeah 3.0s should be the same as 2.6's boost

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
I feel like almost all of the changes ROB typically gets are some kind if momentum related thing of either boosters or his attacks.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
yeah i know that. i wonder what the PMBR's reasoning is for such specific changes.

Top Bottom