• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What does reactive agressive mean and what characters compliment this playstyle?

Gearitz

Smash Apprentice
I was playing online today trying to get help for finding a main and have someone analyze my playstyle at the end of all of our matches he said "You have a good mix between aggressive and reactive I would say go for more follow ups and put on pressure when you can" What exactly does that mean and what characters would excel under this play style?

TheGlove

Smash Cadet
Well since nobody else has offered to interpret this I will do my best. First, I would suggest asking the person who analyzed your play-style for clarification on their answer if you can, because it will no doubt be more accurate than what I can suggest.

My interpretation of this sounds like you might like a character who is good at bait and punish style playing and can mix in bursts of aggression in there to apply pressure to your opponents. I feel like fox may be a good choice for you and I would recmmend looking at some of Larry Lur's more recent matched on youtube Specifically vs zero at Mexico saga and versus dabuz and Scatt at Pound 2016

Sonic is also an overlooked character who can mix in heavy pressure into his usual bait and punish style as exhibited by 6wx in recent matches, however, this is not always and optimal playstyle and it requires good knowledge of the character to pull off. I would check out some of 6wx's recent matches as well.

Another thing to think about is what you value in a character. Do you like having strong projectiles, do you like speed, how do you feel about going for reads, generally you want a character that feels good to you at first to learn the game with and then once you develop a higher playing ability you can branch out to all sorts of play styles more effectively.

Gearitz

Smash Apprentice
Well since nobody else has offered to interpret this I will do my best. First, I would suggest asking the person who analyzed your play-style for clarification on their answer if you can, because it will no doubt be more accurate than what I can suggest.

My interpretation of this sounds like you might like a character who is good at bait and punish style playing and can mix in bursts of aggression in there to apply pressure to your opponents. I feel like fox may be a good choice for you and I would recmmend looking at some of Larry Lur's more recent matched on youtube Specifically vs zero at Mexico saga and versus dabuz and Scatt at Pound 2016

Sonic is also an overlooked character who can mix in heavy pressure into his usual bait and punish style as exhibited by 6wx in recent matches, however, this is not always and optimal playstyle and it requires good knowledge of the character to pull off. I would check out some of 6wx's recent matches as well.

Another thing to think about is what you value in a character. Do you like having strong projectiles, do you like speed, how do you feel about going for reads, generally you want a character that feels good to you at first to learn the game with and then once you develop a higher playing ability you can branch out to all sorts of play styles more effectively.
Yeah I can't really play fox which sucks it's from melee muscle memory. I can stand speed anywhere from anyone really, I enjoy most of the cast, I don't care about projectiles too much, and I prefer combo's over reads.

Top Bottom