• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What does King Dedede's reveal mean for Bandana Waddle Dee?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Basically the title says all.
The Waddle Dee Throw was not shown off, which could mean three things:
1. It is eliminated from Dedede's moveset.
2. It is being altered, possibly with the addition of Waddle Dee.
3. Nothing, it will be shown off soon enough.
Either way, I feel like the Waddle Dee Throw is what will help or completely kill Dee's chances.

General Klenkton

Smash Rookie
Waddle Dee as a character would be extremely interesting. Don't think it would happen, but hell you never know.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
You should write his actual name, Bandana waddle Dee.

Or ppl will get confused

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Well, there's the latest rumour over at the rumour and leak thread(funnily enough) that Waddle Dee Toss has been altered on King Dedede for the inclusion of Waddle Dee.

Not Bandana Waddle Dee, mind you. He's an alt costume. The default Dee is just a regular Waddle Dee.

Make of that what you will.

D

Deleted member

Nothing so far.
Even if Waddle Dee Toss is shown, Bandana Dee won't be disconfirmed. The only way he is truly disconfirmed is if Bandana Dee is a part of Waddle Dee Toss or if he becomes an Assist Trophy or stage element or whatever.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
No, Minion Throw confirmation won't devaluate (Bandana) Waddle Dee's chances. It may accentuate them depending on what happens though, like an Easter Egg Waddle Dee with a blue bandana in Minion Toss. But that's imaginative.

If (Bandana) Waddle Dee is a character, I want and assume his name to just be Waddle Dee, as that what it has been like since Return to Dreamland despite Waddle Dees being the universally present mook.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
image.jpg

Dedede hasn't even been shown throwing Waddle Dees yet, and he would be a shoe-in over Bandanna Dee anyways.

That being said, I do want Bandanna Dee in smash.

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
Basically the title says all.
The Waddle Dee Throw was not shown off, which could mean three things:
1. It is eliminated from Dedede's moveset.
2. It is being altered, possibly with the addition of Waddle Dee.
3. Nothing, it will be shown off soon enough.
Either way, I feel like the Waddle Dee Throw is what will help or completely kill Dee's chances.
The Waddle Dee Throw It is altered it is now with Gordos and No Waddle Dees

Last edited:
He only throws gordos now, Waddle Dee without a doubt 100% guaranteed for smash 4.

Lord Sakurai pls

EDIT: Basic Waddle Dee is confirmed as an enemy in smash run. I still have faith in our lord and savior to deliver the holy bandana and spear to one of them though.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Waddle Dee's were weak ass. They took them out so his side special was more effective.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don't think Waddle Dee with or without a bandana and spear should ever be playable.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I don't think Waddle Dee with or without a bandana and spear should ever be playable.
They could just take his moveset from Return to Dreamland, and modify the button input.

Plus a spear user would be unique, say to Fire Emblem's 5 sword users.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
My opinion actually changed now. lol
The same could be applied to Galacta Knight, since he uses a spear and lasers.

Also I mentioned the Fire Emblem thing because two of them have Marth's move set, but we lack a representative who uses axes and lances. Arrows as a main moveset would be odd to implement unless the user could smack people with the bow :p

Pokefan203

Smash Apprentice
In the April Smash Bros Direct, Sakurai said that now Dedede only throws gordos.

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
So, folks, what ideas do you have for Bandanna Waddle Dee's special moves? Perhaps they can use moves from the Waddle Dee boss fight from Kirby 64?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Ummm....Bandanna Dee has been in almost all the Kirby games since his debut, notably his roles in Kirby Return to Dreamland and Kirby Triple Deluxe.

The only thing holding him back is the Roster space available for the Kirby series, because if there is four spots he is getting in.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I think a series having a certain number of spots is dumb. A slot belongs to who is unique and can play differently.
Look at Star Fox. 5/6 games; 3 reps.
Mother/Earthbound; 3 games, 2 reps.
Metroid; Many games; 1 rep. The most up to date of the 3.

Honestly, I WANT this spear wielding Dee to get in. It represents something never before seen in a SMASH game. A playable minion.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
King Dedede not throwing Waddle Dees opens the door to the premise of Bandanna Dee, but here are the other factors to it.
>Originally made by Sakurai for Megaton Punch
>Has a unique weapon
>From one of the most promoted series for the intros/unveils for Smash games (64 having Mario v Kirby, Melee and Brawl having Mario-Link-Kirby-Pikachu)
>Has a fairly unique role of being a transcended minion
>Is comparable to being Rosalina to Kirby games
>Meta Knight has yet to be revealed, could be shown alongside akin to Charizard/Greninja (and to a lesser extent) Mr.G&W/Pac-Man.

I'm not saying he's "inevitable" or a "shoe-in". I am saying he has a considerate amount going for him. He's the third/fourth most likely newcomer in my eyes but I do have a pro-kirby bias.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
King Dedede not throwing Waddle Dees opens the door to the premise of Bandanna Dee, but here are the other factors to it.
>Originally made by Sakurai for Megaton Punch
>Has a unique weapon
>From one of the most promoted series for the intros/unveils for Smash games (64 having Mario v Kirby, Melee and Brawl having Mario-Link-Kirby-Pikachu)
>Has a fairly unique role of being a transcended minion
>Is comparable to being Rosalina to Kirby games
>Meta Knight has yet to be revealed, could be shown alongside akin to Charizard/Greninja (and to a lesser extent) Mr.G&W/Pac-Man.

I'm not saying he's "inevitable" or a "shoe-in". I am saying he has a considerate amount going for him. He's the third/fourth most likely newcomer in my eyes but I do have a pro-kirby bias.
Rosalina has a story and characterization however. I agree with the other points but hes only been playable in 1 game.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Rosalina has a story and characterization however. I agree with the other points but hes only been playable in 1 game.
If I wanted to be arrogant and straw-grasping, I could try to make the argument that there is story in characterization in his personal loyalty to stand out in a one on one duel with Kirby as a latch ditch effort to stop him, and coming back from the dead to be the sole attendee to the first Masked Dedede fight before coming a small hero in his own right, and then aiding Kirby at every turn to save his King in Triple Deluxe... but that's kinda stretching the thin layer of Kirby characterization as is.

And depending on interpretations, Rosalina has been playable in one 1 "Main" Mario game as well, 3D world, and only having a major role in another "Main" game being Galaxy 1. This would namely stem from how argumentative people will get over being playable in Mario Kart holding weight... (Waluigi and Daisy both only missing 1 game since their creation (maybe 2 for Daisy), for example). But that would be forcing evidence to fit a position. Even when on the sidelines, she has been more apparent.. even if Bandanna Dee actively does more in Triple Deluxe.

The two, shot for shot, are not equal. But in the scale of their own franchises they are both small characters that had a massive uprising of fan support since their first big debut in a semi-recent game (Galaxy and Super Star Ultra). As I stated before, he is comparable but in no means equal. Another minor arguement people sometimes toss in is if the Kirby 64 Wadle Dee is the Scalp-covering Spearman before his famous headgear... but that's just normally as a way to tie in more importance to him in the grand scale of Kirby games (as I have heard some try to convince me between Geno and Rosalina)... but I am rambling. I hope you see how the two are comparable when looked at the perspective of scale in both franchises.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Your point.
I haven't played any of the recent games for both characters save for Returns to Dreamland.
I didn't even know Bandana Dee was in Triple Deluxe.

I will say that his loyalty his is characterization and its something he shares with Geno.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
As much as I love Waddle Dee, I'd rather have somebody like Galacta Knight or Adelaine than a generic minion.

Gooey would be an interesting choice too, and he was highly requested in Japan after the release of the original Super Smash Bros.

Last edited:

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
So, folks, what ideas do you have for Bandanna Waddle Dee's special moves? Perhaps they can use moves from the Waddle Dee boss fight from Kirby 64?
Up B is obvious... if you played return to dreamland...which i did
Side b could be a chargeable spear throw( throw 3 spears when fully charged)
Down b could be a counter / something like bowser's but done with a spear
Neutral b can be like marth's
he could have 3 jumps, he used double/multiple jumps as his flying move in return to dreamland.

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
I would like for Bandanna Waddle Dee to have one special which only a Waddle Dee could have. An ability of the Waddle Dees.

Top Bottom