• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What does Jiggs have for edgeguarding?

Gavazzi

Smash Rookie
From what I've seen, a popular on-stage option for when the opponent is trying to sweet spot the ledge is down smash. However, I think that many also prefer just to ensure that they maintain stage control and work towards walling the opponent out. Regarding off-stage edge guarding, run-off fair seems to work due to its lasting hitbox. Variations of fair and bair work on essentially every character with the only difference between characters being the spacing necessary.

aDavid4

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4356-1358-2819
As far as I'm concerned, LIKE ALL of Jigglypuff's moves are good for edge guarding.

Each arial can cover different areas. Fair and Nair are great for just clipping them so the *just* can't make it back. Dair can intercept people recovering low. Uair can be used to juggle them when/if they get back to the stage, but it's situational. And of course, Fair and Bair are your main tools for that sweet wall-of-pain to take them to the blast zone :^)

Down smash, as said before, can get people trying to sweet spot the edge. F smash can just rock them if they hit the stage with a laggy move, like Sheik and Marth Up b. You can also use dash attack to get them if you don't have much time.

tl;dr Jiggs is an edge guarding machine.

AscendantAquila

Smash Cadet
Most of Jiggs moves are able to be used as edgeguards, but I think her best ability for edgeguarding is the 5 jumps mentioned above me, Jiggs can go so deep for edgeguards, especially on spacies and can basically cut off almost every edgeguarding option. If you don't have time to do aerials as an edgeguard try d-smash, f-smash, or a dash attack, but don't overextend and commit to hard to one because the stage positioning is so key for Jiggs.

Top Bottom