• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What does DI mean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Ok basically DI stand for Directional Influence. This is when while you are hit you basically move in a direction like if someone is chainthrowing you, you can get out of it by DI'ing to the left or right basically. I could find you a thread where it is wait a min...................
OK this isnt it but because your new im giving you this which is a thread full of character guides for whatever character you main. Just find you character by going down
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=97439
look at this video for advice on everything it talks about DI in one of the videos it is split up into three vids makes sure you watch all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n4s5yB7ZkE

This is being copied from a thread i saw that is explainin DI good.

Directional Influence (DI): Will alter your trajectory to help you survive better. Easiest way to do it is to just DI everything that sends you in a somewhat horizontal direction upwards and DI upwards-sending attacks in the same direction as the opponent is facing (or the opposite if they hit you with the back of the attack). Also, DI can be combined with CC to help you survive upwards attacks better. CC the attack and immediately DI once you're hit. The window of frames depends on the attack. At lower percentages, it is usually best to DI away from the opponent, at higher percentages, it is usually best to DI toward the opponent and up, attempting to aim a hit toward the top corners of the kill zones.

CC stand for Crouch Cancelling which is when your crouching and someone hits you at a low percentage you wont move that much and you can do an attack after while the other person is lagging

leefan

Smash Cadet
lol, im pretty sure there was a thread labeled "advanced techs" or "advanced language" or something along those lines in the general area; you should probably do a search before asking. anyways, DI is something that even noobs can do, its just how well you use them. good timing can sometimes get you out of chaingrabbing, but sometimes works against you like when falcos pillaring. imean, when a noob is falling, and theres a character waiting rite under him, what does he do? jam right or left as hard as he can to avoid. that, is DI.

Weruop

Smash Ace
im pretty sure someone has answered my questions, and im pretty sure i tried my hardest searching this site, its my 1st day, cut me some slack.thx anyways though i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom