• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do YOU want to see in SM4SH?

CF711

Smash Apprentice
I would love to see:

Balanced Gameplay,
Better online (less lag, easier to play w/ friends, more match customization, etc.),
More Neutral stages (from a competitive standpoint),
The ability to have online tournaments w/ a custom rule set and spectator mode or lobbies similar to SC or MvC:3,
Voice chat (even if it's only with friends),
A fun adventure/story mode,
A way to share gameplay videos (I feel that this is going to be one of the features in this game because they seem to be pushing the Miiverse for it)

[Corn]

Smash Ace
Infinite replays without modding would be one of my biggest hopes.

Dont really care about what the online is, only hope is tags when not playing with friends really.

CF711

Smash Apprentice
every game would have some one yelling Wombo Combo over and over
Possibly, but adding the option to mute someone with a button press (select button maybe) would alleviate that problem and still allow for voice chat between players that want it.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
Oh, I don't know if anyone said this, but I'd LOVE if you could do Special Brawl/Melee/Fisticuffs Online. It'd greatly expand the online experience.

MrBigstuff

Smash Apprentice
I just want no Wifi lag and combos.

As much as I love Brawl, combos are fun, and I can't get decent without decent Wifi.

Renji64

Smash Lord
Better online,Voice Chat L-canceling, A single elimination mode Faster gameplay and More Offensive based gameplay like melee.

Parasol

Smash Cadet
What I wanted most I already got: faster gameplay and no tripping. Although I may most definitely be setting myself up for letdown here, I have nothing but high hopes for this game. Sakurai seems to be paying more attention the the competitive community this time around, and with that paired with Namco Bandai helping out, I can't help but imagine this game can rival the likes of Melee in quality. It's only up from here, fellas.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
What I wanted most I already got: faster gameplay and no tripping. Although I may most definitely be setting myself up for letdown here, I have nothing but high hopes for this game. Sakurai seems to be paying more attention the the competitive community this time around, and with that paired with Namco Bandai helping out, I can't help but imagine this game can rival the likes of Melee in quality. It's only up from here, fellas.
I wouldnt get my hopes that high even though it is well was a possibilty...Sakurai even said it will be a middle ground lets hope that it will be better than Smash64 in terms of gameplay.

If anything i see it going like this.

Melee>Smash4>64>Brawl
Or
Melee>64>Smash4>Brawl

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
I want a legitimate name for Smash4 beyond "for Wii U" and "for 3DS."

Beyond that, I desire normal things such as more competitive, streamlined gameplay and better online.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
For me king k roll Ridley (playable)

Meta knight Rob sonic all get back

And options to be able to choose witch pokemon will come out and witch will not you know so nothing but legends come out

(for rareness you can't only turn on mew celebs and jirgachi only there has to be others so they are not available to choose from)
and the assist trophies get this too choose witch assist trophies can come out and what does not

grizby2

Smash Lord
being able to use an ice move for its intended purpose .... to hit people while they are frozen, and not have them SKYROCKET upwards when they DO get frozen.
can't hit a frozen guy if he's 7498 miles away from me....:facepalm:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I have recently read that sakurai may not put in an adventure mode like sse.

But what i want are: no tripping(yay confirmed)
better online
At least one random character with an air shield instead of an air dodge
Voice chat
Longer replays
And cool new characters (wft?)

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I have recently read that sakurai may not put in an adventure mode like sse.

But what i want are: no tripping(yay confirmed)
better online
At least one random character with an air shield instead of an air dodge
Voice chat
Longer replays
And cool new characters (wft?)

Sorry double post

lint789

Smash Cadet
-Custom break the target stages again
-Better event matches
-CGI cutscenes after beating classic/adventure mode with each character

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Really, just nice gameplay. I'm not bothered about potential for ATs, because you can be competitive with them.
Just gameplay that feels nice, and is satisfying to play. That's most important for me.

More unique characters like the three newcomers we've already seen. Really imaginative, hope the rest of the newcomers are just as well conceived.
Not too bothered if there's a couple of clones, provided they're made more different. I wouldn't even mind if Ganondorf didn't use his sword, provided he's at least somewhat Luigified from Captain Falcon. Same goes for Toon Link, Lucas and Falco. Wolf was overkill, though; if they bring him back, he had better have had a significant overhaul.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
oh yea witch reminds me
some bonus levels in classic/stadium need to be brought back

a custom break the target for each character

maybe board the platform should be resurrected

I 100% want race to the finish to come back

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
I would like me some Isaac. Also, faster gameplay would be cool, I haven't played Melee in a long time, so I've completely forgotten how it feels. One thing I remember was the customized "Break the Targets". That stuff was awesome. You had to actually utilize your character's moves so that you could complete the stage. And maybe some super gimmicky stages.

Top Bottom