• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you want the most for SBB 4

GaiusK

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-1306-5225
I haven't even played Brawl's online yet, but I read everyday about how bad it turned out, and since I'll probably end up playing the 3DS version first and for a long time, I hope the online mode of the 3DS is full of options. I play KI:U online quite a lot, and it's great, but you can't play any customized battles, you're stuck with the standard mode both in Light VS. Dark and free for all while playing online, having a lot of options to customize while playing with AI. It also hasn't any kind of listing, no profiles or anything, I'd like something like that.
Yet, I would understand the 3DS not having anything like that, but if the WiiU doesn't, it would be weird. The Miiverse would be perfect for that (and since it's supossed to arrive the 3DS later this year, I got great expectations).

Gabe Hartzog

Smash Apprentice
I haven't even played Brawl's online yet, but I read everyday about how bad it turned out, and since I'll probably end up playing the 3DS version first and for a long time, I hope the online mode of the 3DS is full of options. I play KI:U online quite a lot, and it's great, but you can't play any customized battles, you're stuck with the standard mode both in Light VS. Dark and free for all while playing online, having a lot of options to customize while playing with AI. It also hasn't any kind of listing, no profiles or anything, I'd like something like that.
Yet, I would understand the 3DS not having anything like that, but if the WiiU doesn't, it would be weird. The Miiverse would be perfect for that (and since it's supossed to arrive the 3DS later this year, I got great expectations).
I would love to see Nintendo embrace the online world because it would make the life span of SSB4 at least double. People do play online still but it is hard to find a good match without it being a private one. Even in a good match, there is still bad input lag for everything you do. I can't tell you how many times I got KO'd because of input lag on a side step, air dodge, roll, or shield. Maybe if we are lucky, we get some more options online and I would love for them to use Miiverse like you said.

GaiusK

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-1306-5225
Maybe if we are lucky, we get some more options online and I would love for them to use Miiverse like you said.
The Nintendo Network ID has a lot of potential. Maybe having a SSB profile linked to it. I would prefer a full fledged SSB account though.

Viceversa96

Banned via Warnings
I really think we will get the Blue Blur back, since recently Sega said they would love Sonic to return and them getting cozy with Nintendo lol. Sonic is my brawl main, cause he is my favorite game character, even if he is mid tier. I hope they revamp his moveset if he does come back :)
Did you watch that stupid game theory episode where they were making fun of Sonic. It was so stupid. Sonic is awesome and I
m sure he will return.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I'm not only wanting but expecting way better balancing compared to Brawl. Give me that along with everything that's been told or shown so far and I'm set (besides the inevitable future newcomers and veterans + stages which are a plus of their own).

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
1. Major balance (so that we can have some diversity in the competitive scene)
2. Melee's combo-like system
3. Leader boards when playing online
3.5. Lagless online (I've never come across lag, but I don't want to fear it)
4. NO DLC's.

MrBigstuff

Smash Apprentice
Better online.
More hitstun.
Gravity between Melee and Brawl (Melee's is a little to fast for my taste, Brawl's floatiness is silly).
Ability to save versus mode settings.
Jimmy T.
At least 12 100% definitely tournament legal stages.

Gabe Hartzog

Smash Apprentice
I'm not only wanting but expecting way better balancing compared to Brawl. Give me that along with everything that's been told or shown so far and I'm set (besides the inevitable future newcomers and veterans + stages which are a plus of their own).
That has been my biggest problem with the Smash series. Whats the point in putting in a fighter that can stand up to everyone else. I am not saying that I don't want there to not be certain character matchups, but I would rather feel better when I lose because of my skill and not because who I choose. There are some characters that are just have horrible matchups with everyone on the roster and you have to work your tail off to get a KO. Everyone in the game should be a viable contender.

Scorpy571

Smash Rookie
That has been my biggest problem with the Smash series. Whats the point in putting in a fighter that can stand up to everyone else. I am not saying that I don't want there to not be certain character matchups, but I would rather feel better when I lose because of my skill and not because who I choose. There are some characters that are just have horrible matchups with everyone on the roster and you have to work your tail off to get a KO. Everyone in the game should be a viable contender.
What?! Are you trying to say that fighting MK with Ganon ain't fun?? :colorful:

But yes, I would love to have a balanced smash game this time around. A good online with minimal lag would aslo be amazing! Also I hope Sakurai gives the Bowser treatment to other characters too, some of them deserves to shine at least once after three games! Link for high tier anyone?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
We dont even know how much better bowser even is....but yh...i get you lot...but dont jump on Epona yet....im not...till im playing the game.....

Gabe Hartzog

Smash Apprentice
We dont even know how much better bowser even is....but yh...i get you lot...but dont jump on Epona yet....im not...till im playing the game.....
I think we should be more relaxed and take things with a grain a salt because for all we know SSB4 could be Brawl 1.5. I think the fact of the extra help balancing the game is going to our heads a bit

Hong

The Strongest
For the most part I don't care about what characters are selected, so long as they are diverse. No more luke-warm differences or characters without a real direction to them. Take a nice mix of characters and give them all lots of love... make sure they will hold up well as players improve. For stages, I like bright stages with defined artistic directions and visual clarity. As with characters, I think the stage selection should cover as much of Nintendo as possible, and be something more players can appreciate; just because a stage is a unique idea, that doesn't mean it will be fun.

So in short, better characters.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see a lot more franchises get represented. I thought that Brawl's cast was diverse, but then it struck me- just how many IPs Nintendo owns. I know there are a lot of characters people are fighting for that are from games already represented (I mean, I, personally, would like to see Waluigi, King K. Rool, and Ridley), but previously repped franchises are appropriately so. I like the direction that SSB4's going thus far, with Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, and Mega Man, from three series with no reps, being our first newcomers. And a lot of people are pretty confident that Little Mac is on their heels as the fourth.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I think we should be more relaxed and take things with a grain a salt because for all we know SSB4 could be Brawl 1.5. I think the fact of the extra help balancing the game is going to our heads a bit
RealTalk.....

You can judge from what you know so far...but PeePz are going around throwing final judgments/Final Verdicts...and s_it.....

If D.K/Bowser/GDorf are low tier again
And

MK/Starfox....series..../Marth are High tier again....

Yh....s_it really changed right.......(-_-)

Gabe Hartzog

Smash Apprentice
RealTalk.....

You can judge from what you know so far...but PeePz are going around throwing final judgments/Final Verdicts...and s_it.....

If D.K/Bowser/GDorf are low tier again
And

MK/Starfox....series..../Marth are High tier again....

Yh....s_it really changed right.......(-_-)
Yeah, that was the whole point of my Gears of War thread because fans just went nuts over everything before the game was released. I know I did and it was a huge let down when I started seeing all the problems and even though the game looked great, it was more or less the same. I do give Nintendo a little more wiggle room because Nintendo usually pulls through on their games, but you never know. It could be the same game but with pretty graphics. I just have a feeling that if things aren't changed for the better, it will be ugly lol

acekidgravity

Smash Cadet
I want DLC potential. I absolutely love Smash for the diversity and the characters. The thing that makes it awesome each new game is the new experiences. If DLC happens then we will continue to have new experiences even after the game is a long time released.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
3. How the heck was that name not taken?

Also, anyone who DOESN'T want Jigglypuff in SSB4 can get eaten by the Kraken.

That aside, the thing I want the most for Smash 4 is for Mewtwo to return, with it's new form, and newcomer-wise, I want Bowser Jr., Ridley, Dixie Kong, and Plusle and Minun.

And also a new Wind Waker stage, in HD.

[Corn]

Smash Ace
-Better online in terms of stability and settings (Dont really enjoy leaderboards or consider then a feature that would be needed)
-General Gameplay Fixes(Dead Frames and Phantom Hotboxes mostly)

Thats really all Im hoping for, seeing as I enjoy Brawl and tripping and SSE are confirmed to be removed.

Top Bottom