• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you want for the Next Smash MASTERLIST!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I thought about something so we often repeat stuff on the speculation and discussion Thread,
And mention all sorts of separate ideas there!
So why dont we just say out loud everything we PERSONALLY want in the next smash! From modes, to characters to moveset Changes!
we Never really had a thread like that its either mentioning a couple of things! Or Creating a full game Idea!
There are a couple of rules everyone gets 1 post each which can be edited of course! That post can contain Link and pictures!
This Masterlist is completly put in a spoiler of course and can be as big and wild as you want! As long as its atleast semi realistic!

Just so you know i get 2 posts one being this introductary one and the other one is my Masterlist!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
My Smash 6 is a normal sequel that keeps almost all nintendo characters and some third Party ones!
It cuts down a lot of the Stages while keeping like 30-45!
Its Main Focus is in being an absolute Sandbox were you can have infinite Videogame related fun in the typical and nontypical Smash Formats!
Also its more Colour full and less "Serious" as Smash usually is!
Toad
Toad is the only new Mario Character in this Game! Hes Deserved his Spot!
Captain Syrup
Cap. Syrup is my choice for a mario spinoff character because i like warioland! Wario obviously gets a lot more moves from Land!
SKULL KID, YUNOBO and MIDNA

Its an open secret that i love Zelda! But i wanted to be fair so i chose 3 popular characters im on board with!
Bandana Waddle Dee, Magolor and Dark Matter

I also love Kirby these might be too many characters but i think by smash 7 both franchises should get 3 characters which would put zelda at 8 and kirby at 6 which is pretty justified! I picked popular ones that i like plus my dear dark matter orb!
GIOVANNI
i alwaysthought humans got too little rep in smash so how about the most reucuring Villain of Pokemon! i dont really care how he fights maybe he has only 2 pokemon maybe he has 4 maybe he fights on the stage i dont care!
PORKY
I love the story of the earthbound series especially mother 3 and porky is a great character so add him!
Also considering how many Games were inspired by Earthbound the series desrves more reps!

Originally i added even more Characters but i think 10 Characters i like is enough asking BUT ill include some other Characters in unique ways!
Fire Mario Enough said!

Speaking of Fire Mario Ice, Bubble and drill colorschemes are added to all mario protagonists!

Fire Dk and Diddy!

Wario Land and Ware Wario get diffrent taunts and Wario Land wario uses Vampire Wario instead of Warioman

Link:

To avoid Too much we only have 3 Links from 3 distinct looking games These ones get colour refences, Dark links each and OOT gets a fierce deity alt!
They all have the same Heavy Link Moveset but with diffrent skins for all weapons (and TP, OOT using light arrows instead of Ancients)

Toon Link:
Credit: Mutation Foxy (deviantart)
I only want one alt for toon link and its LA Link that way both Link and toon link rep multiple games!
(almost half of all zelda games in toon links case)
They have the same basic moveset as Adult link but with some tweaks like the Magical (freemoving) Boomerang and holding the bombs over their heads! and obviosuly they are lighter imagine their feel being inbetween Young and toon from ultimate

Zelda:

Again 3 Zelda costumes! I think this take is unique as we still get coverage for all zelda games without double dipping with link and zelda!
And honestly barely a game didnt get a (toon) Link or Zelda Design and its as many looks as Multiple Characters in 4!

Ganondorf:

For Size related issues Gdorf only gets his two looks from Tears of the Kingdom + a new moveset!

Sheik

Yeah that was pretty obvious maybe shiek gets a somewhat new moveset inspired by both her and impa?

Metaknight
1702039847447.png
1702039870671.png
1702039897707.png
1702039926598.png

gets a new more canon moveset and ALL Other Knights as costumes! he also has maskles and yellow, green and lightblue ones!

Dedede

Dede gets 4 alts with his ultimate design and 4 with his New/ Old Look both have one masked alt each!
Bowsers Castle

Bowsers Castle! Obvious choice it would have a thwomp and Podobos and lava!

GAnons castle

I think i agree wuith most by saying the floodewd roof of gdorfs castle from windwaker is perfect for smash if you fal of you get pushed down so be careful!

Dedede Cage Match

This Stages Electric fence can either be on or off if its off you can be launched out if its own you get zapped back and recieve major damage!

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Will probably update over time.

Gameplay changes
  • All playable characters have a guard special.
  • All playable fighters have a third attack button.

Prexisting Characters
  • I would like the Zelda characters not to be exclusively tied to whatever the recent games are and instead be their own custom version similar to Hyrule Warriors or even Sheik. They'd still have costumes based off games proper such as Champion Link or Weebondorf. My hope is that as compiled versions of these characters they're moveset potentials would be at their least limited.
  • Ryu and Ken should get new moves based of SF6. Ryu's new down special should be Hashougeki while Ken's is Dragon Lash. Ryu and Ken can also have a guard special based off the Denjin Charge and Quick Dash respectively. Assuming they dont want to dabble with the Drive System as a whole

Newcomers
  • Noah and Mio as a battle couple who work as a combination of a tag team fighter and a puppet fighter to play their respective roles.
  • Arle from Puyo Puyo as a much needed puzzle game representative.

Stages
  • Grassland Groove from Tropical Freeze. The main platform and other platforms dance dynamically to the tune of the song playing.
  • Aionios from Xenoblade 3. A fairly large stage where the armies of Keves and Agnes will engage with skirmishes with each other for a limited tim. If you help one of them they will return the favor during the remainder of their time.

Modes
  • Adventure would be a mix of a randomized roguelike and Crazy Orders where each universe can present a challenge based off a platforming challenge, a unique battle again fighters of said series, or a boss fight. And so the challenge becomes to tackle as many universes as possible. But at the same time, every run feels completely different.
  • Bring descriptions back to Spirits. I never minded the loss of trophies as that time was spent making the roster. I dont mind losing some side dishes for a better main course. But descriptions could give some much needed context for the battles/effect.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Smash Attacks
  • Smash Attacks are moved onto their own button. They function like tilts, albeit now being "heavy attacks", while tilts on the regular attack button are "light attacks." Holding the input still allows you to charge the Smash Attack like you could in previous titles.
  • With Smash Attacks being on their own button now, there is now a Neutral Smash attack. This attack serves as a universal launcher similar to Dust in Guilty Gear or Special in Marvel vs Capcom 3.
Tilts & Aerials
  • With Smash Attacks being on their own button now, that also means characters have a second set of "strong" aerials. These however cannot be charged.
  • Some characters will have new attacks for high and low diagonal inputs. Many characters are already capable of angling their forward tilt. This is an extension of that, but with completely new attacks instead. Some will retain multi-angle tilts, some will get additional moves. This also applies to aerials. Some characters may have a low diagonal aerial in the form of a dive kick as an example.
Shields, Guarding and Wavedashing
  • Shield "health" is now displayed on the HUD.
  • At the cost of all your shield's health, you can perform a Burst. The Burst can be used during hitstun to stop an opponent's combo (or nullify a projectile of any strength) and launch them away. Burst can also be used to cancel out knockback mid launch.
  • For a small portion of shield energy (varying by character) you can perform a wavedash, now mapped to its own button as well. You can perform consecutive wavedashes so long as you have enough shield energy.
  • In the air, the wavedash becomes an air dash. Unlike air dodging, air dashing has no i-frames but can be acted out of immediately like it's grounded counterpart. Unlike the wavedash however, the air dash can only be performed once until you hit the ground again.
  • When you run out of shield energy as a result of an opponent's attack your shield will break, but not like in old Smash games. Instead of being launched straight up and landing in the dizzy state, you will take 1.5x the damage of the attack's power and be launched for 1.5x the KB value.
  • When you run out of shield energy, you are still able to guard against attacks, but will take chip damage.
  • When guarding you must alternate between a standing or crouching guard like traditional 2D fighters. Low attacks like down tilt will break your standing guard. Some attacks will be classified as overheads and can break your crouching guard. Attacks from behind will cross up.
  • Particularly strong attacks like the Falcon Punch or a full charge Giant Punch/Charge Shot/Smash Attack, etc. will be considered unblockable. The Shield will stop the attack, but guarding won't.
Supers
  • The Final Smash meter has been repurposed into a new Super Meter. Final Smashes will now revert to being Smash Ball exclusive with more balanced/varied supers taking their place during normal gameplay. Each character will have a minimum of two supers. Most will have 3 and some may have 4.
    Example:
    2 Supers = One Level 1 and one Level 3
    3 Supers = Level 1, 2 and 3
    4 Supers = Two Level 1, 2 and 3 or Level 1, Two 2, 3
will update over time
Newcomers

In addition to standard newcomers, echoes ( ε ) alongside variant ( β ) fighters are also included.

Toad
Waluigi
Dr. Luigi β
Nurse Peach β
Dry Bowser β
Dixie Kong
Ganon
Toon Zelda
Link, Ocarina of Time β
Link, Twilight Princess β
Link, Skyward Sword β
Bandana Dee
Peppy ε
Slippy ε
Meowscarada
New Pokemon
Blood Falcon ε
Lyn
New Fire Emblem
Noah
Octoling ε
Spring Man
Takamaru
Isaac
Felix ε
Officer Howard
Ring Fit Trainer

Unique Newcomers = 16, New Echoes = 5, New* Variants = 6

First Party Cuts

The following characters would not make the base roster, but would all be reintroduced post launch as DLC characters.
  • Melee: :ultsheik::ultyounglink::ultmewtwo::ultpichu::ultroy:
  • Brawl: :ultzss::ultwolf::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultlucas:
  • For: :ultlucina::ultcorrinf:
  • Ultimate: :ultpiranha::ultdarksamus::ultincineroar::ultchrom::ultbylethf:
First Party Changes

:ultmario::ultdoc:
  • Dr. Mario is now a Variant Fighter β. He can be selected by first selecting Mario and then pressing L or R to swap between them.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
A Master list of absolute I need checked off.

- Menu design
A direct inspiration, sort of remake from Smash 64.

- Newcomers
Cranky Kong. Birdo. Kamek. Sukapon.

- New stages
Water World. Grassland Groove. Samus Ship. Castle Dedede. Cave of The Past.

- Reboot
A return of Adventure Mode.

- New mode
Survival Mode.

- New feature
A character move set variation system that inspiration derives from Mortal Kombat.

Top Bottom