• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think the most important AT for GnW is?

Crezyte

Smash Apprentice
Read the title...

IMO the most important AT for a Watch is up-b OOS or up-b after up-throw combo. This is probably followed by DJ bacon which isn't hard in theory but the nuances are difficult to pick up.

Last edited:

Cuban Pete

King of the Rumba Beat
I personally think DACUS and being able to dash dance effectively is important for GnW. can't let them know when you're gonna throw out that grab or that d-tilt

EDIT: also possibly a jc up b or jc usmash

Last edited:

crimsonfail

Smash Rookie
Well, anything really. I only started playing game and watch a day ago, so I don't really know how to do anything :p
you should start by learning to short hop, which you should do by tapping x or y quickly (how fast you have to be depends on the character but with GnW its pretty easy) and you should see a very noticeable difference between heights. Then I would say move on to L cancelling, which is done after an Arial by hitting shield just a split second before you hit the ground (7frames to be exact, which is 7 60ths of a second) after that you should have a decent grasp of your character and should learn other techniques which I wont list here because it would make this post way too long

here's a nice list of techs you should master
http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._Melee/Advanced_Techniques

DragonsofUganda

Smash Rookie
you should start by learning to short hop, which you should do by tapping x or y quickly (how fast you have to be depends on the character but with GnW its pretty easy) and you should see a very noticeable difference between heights. Then I would say move on to L cancelling, which is done after an Arial by hitting shield just a split second before you hit the ground (7frames to be exact, which is 7 60ths of a second) after that you should have a decent grasp of your character and should learn other techniques which I wont list here because it would make this post way too long

/quote]
Thanks, but I mean I already knew how to L cancel and short hop, since I tried maining fox for a week and got bored. I mean how do I UpB OoS and what are some true combos and stuff? If it's too long feel free to pm me :x

Top Bottom