• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think of this Link?

Taalcon

Smash Journeyman
...Where were the shffls? The most of your airial game I saw was some uairs.
YOU NEED TO USE LINK'S AIR GAME AND SHFFL.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNNQMY21W0w
(Me vs a lvl 9 Link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPaN61W_22U
(Me vs a lvl 9 Marth)

I had decided to go ahead and start recording some of my matches at home. So what do you think? I know there's quite a few things that I need to improve upon, but I really could use an outsider's opinion.
This outsider's opinion is don't show vids against CPU's -it proves nothing. Tape a match between yourself and another player and post that up. No one is interested in a match between a player and AI. Well, almost no one. ^

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
Learn to shffl. When throwing boomerangs or pulling out bombs, I usually short hop backwards to do it. This increases spacing and makes it harder for your opponent to grab.

Also, level 9s suck. True skill is shown in matches against other people, when both are playing smash competitively.

Jolts_D

Smash Apprentice
What if you're considered a loser by the general public and have nobody to play the game with?
CPU is all I have!

All I can say about the videos is: Better than I am.

Lightshade

Smash Ace
Okay, here's a few tips of advice I suggest you take into concideration. One of the first things you should ever do in the start of a match is shuffl a bomb (Short hop, pull out a bomb while either moving foward or backward in the air). That should help you get moving, and it will also pull out a bomb to combo with. Try this technique often, as bombs can be a very useful weapon during combat. Edgeguarding/edgehogging is another major important technique that can help you in many ways. If you hit an opponent with the very tip of the spin attack it will spike them, that is a good way to edgeguard, droppoing down from the ledge (if you're hanging on) and Nair (Neutral air) that will screw up their recovery, which can also help. Shffling areials really helps fighting ground opponents, mainly because Link has some good air attacks. Also, try not to fight computers, go to tournaments or fight other humans or your friends or something, because you won't get much better righting computers. I hope that helps a bit, check some of the other FAQs in the link boards as well, they might help too.

~LightShade :link:

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Your link is realy slow.

• You didnt shffl a single attack (shffl means short hop fast fall l cancel)
    you didnt L-cancel the Down Air.
    you didnt short hop, period.

overall, theres a lot of stuff you need to work on. But thats ok. Reminds me of myself 10 months ago. Just stick around the smash boards and learn about the link character and implement some advanced tactics into your game.

Glowfisch

Smash Cadet
shffl, shffl, shffl learn it will increase your speed
don’t base your game only on grabs combos try to be creative
(jumps, shffl, projectiles…..)
use jumps to fool your opponent try to be unpredictable!!!!
never use projectiles on the GROUND
its so easy to get a free hit when u throw a boomerang on the ground ore pull a bomb.
(only at large range)
it helps a lot when jump to ore away from your opponent wile throwing a boomerang
(keep moving.. never stand still)
play against human players

Top Bottom