• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think of Brawl's Event Mode?

NukeA6

Smash Master
To me, it was really lacking and really shouldn't have been brought back.

There were some good moments like the Dark Link duel and the Final Final Battle but most of the events were either too easy or just boring.

I think Dark Link, Giant Metal King Dedede, and some other fights should've been in SSE.

All in all, Melee had the worse Adventure mode but a more superior Event mode. Though, I haven't played any Co-op events so I do not know about them.

jamai

Smash Cadet
There are some neat event modes.. (I HATED the waterfall on Hard). If you haven't beat them all on Hard I'd recommend it as it makes some of the easy ones a lot more interesting, although some of them are still way too easy.

Lightningmage

Smash Journeyman
Waterfall blows. Took me a while but I finally lucked out and let the stage kill them (ran around for 10 mins <.<) The one with ROB and the 3 giant characters wasn't fun either since the kitty didn't want to bite them for some reason.

I like the event modes. It's a chance to unlock stuff and something to do waiting for someone to get on wifi.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
Far too easy. Even on hard, most are accomplished in the first try. Why did they make the events so easy this time around? Some were just downright frustrating back in the day. Is it because I've improved my Smash game over the years since I cleared the Events in Melee?

Luz

Smash Apprentice
Melee definitely had the better event system. Period. Also, the lack of a 'retry' button is very disappointing and frustrating.

Vántaj

Smash Rookie
Some co-op events are fun and challenging. It took my friend and I like 8 tries to beat the Luigi's Mansion Event (# 11), and LOTS of tries to beat a Yoshi's Event (#5), and we are not done yet.

The single player mode events . . **** at the final event .. took me like half an hour to beat it.

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad to hear i'm not the only one who was disappointed in the event matches this time around. Melee's event matches were more interesting and some were exceedingly challenging. the events in Brawl are okay, but they don't compare. sadness :(

Moonvale

Smash Rookie
I still like the events, but I do think they were kind of lacking. I had a lot more trouble with some of the events halfway through the list and found the last two almost ridiculously easy.

Lyphen

Smash Rookie
I found 'em pretty interesting, but deffinatly nothing in comparison to Melee's. Was glad they had coop events though, that led to some fun with friends.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Fun and somewhat challenging (on hard) but too short. There were only a few challenges that really took some time to figure out and beat (the final battle especially.)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Still working on the last one, but I have to agree, Melee's were overall better, though the Co-op ones are nice.

Btw, how do you unlock hard mode for events? I've only got normal as the highest :(

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Still working on the last one, but I have to agree, Melee's were overall better, though the Co-op ones are nice.

Btw, how do you unlock hard mode for events? I've only got normal as the highest :(
For event? Odd. As soon as I started playing, "Hard" was my highest.

Try beating Classic on hard, maybe?

Fonix

Smash Cadet
I will agree some of the events are rather easy. Although the kirby event where you have to kill the warios with a dragoon is still pissing me off. I've only been able to clear it on normal. Same with the pikmin and olimar event, although I still don't know exactly what I did to clear that one.

I've only played through events 1-20 so far, so maybe I'm premature in my judgments. I'll have to take everyone's word for it that the events aren't as good as melee since I haven't attempted to clear them all yet.

Mudokon Man

Smash Rookie
I will agree some of the events are rather easy. Although the kirby event where you have to kill the warios with a dragoon is still pissing me off. I've only been able to clear it on normal.
For the Warios on hard I found it easiest to pretty much avoid them until the pieces start spawning. Just use your jumps and either uB or dB to drop rather quickly (they don't react as well). And also it is to note the Wario's don't actually go to pick up the items themselves. They only pick them up while attacking (so if you keep them away from the items you might be able to sneak them in). And if a Wario gets an item I usually just restart (the limited knockback really hurts) and they don't tend to drop the items very frequently. And when you get the dragoon parts, wait for a second they tend to congregate together and get them all with 1 shot.

Same with the pikmin and olimar event, although I still don't know exactly what I did to clear that one.
For this you have to keep all 6 pikmin alive to have their flowers sprout. It is usually easiest to just try and avoid them and maybe do an aerial that will be aerial cancelled by the time you land to prevent getting punished when landing

Any tips for Advent of the Evil King on hard? It's the one where you're ganondorf on ssbm hyrule temple
For this the goal is to keep them separated, especially Zelda who seems to own in this event. Usually aerials are worthless since they will shield it and grab/smash you in return while waiting on landing lag. I really recommend Ganon's ftilt it is awesome and the comp falls for it a lot. It is also a good idea to fight with your first life at the bottom so it is harder to KO and be KO'd. Thus if you die you should come back and they will have plenty of damage to KO them on the top if needed.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Smart idea to set difficulty levels for the Event Matches. That way, even a novice can clear most of them. Too bad that a few prizes are earned by clearing the harder levels.

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
I've done a good portion of it. Melee had a way better event mode. This one just seems like it was added in because melee had it.

Top Bottom