• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think about team attacks?

Codeman23

Smash Rookie
If you were playing team battle have you ever wanted to see a team move at all? Changing with every pair of characters like a special move you and your teammate could angle right like a final smash? I know there was a team healer item in brawl but that would heal the other team also. Tell me what you think about special team attacks.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I think it would be a really cool concept.

I'm sure this site could go on for days thinking about tag-team final smash combinations for Mario/Yoshi, DK/Diddy, Pikachu/Jigglypuff

Would it be something like a smash ball floating around specifically for a tag team move?
Or are you thinking just a normal final smash ball but your teammate would have to be near you when you use it for it to work or have to do something to activate it?

Codeman23

Smash Rookie
Yeah I'm thinking just one teammate gets it somehow and the other person just needs to be near. I don't know how they would do it but maybe it would just change smash too much also?

grizby2

Smash Lord
i always thought team throws could be a cool idea. all characters would need like 8 more animations though...

umm... like uhh..this.
1 animation for each direction for PREPING a throw
1 animation for each direction for EXECUTING a throw. (determined by which direction the preperation was sent)

basically, player A sends the opponent in one direction, and player B executes a throw based on player A's directional input.

well.. at least in this way there isn't 1 million different animations for each character to be made. :]

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That might be a hassle to pull off, since that would mean making the character compatible with ALL the playables, and if the roster is big, that can surely drain the memory supply on the game disc.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I like the idea, but I think the most elegant solution is to simply let the teammates perform their Final Smashes simultaneously. Let players figure out good strategies to use when combining different Final Smashes.

Example: Trap enemies with Peach's FS, then attack while they're sleeping with Samus's FS.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
That might be a hassle to pull off, since that would mean making the character compatible with ALL the playables, and if the roster is big, that can surely drain the memory supply on the game disc.
At 25 GB, I don't think it will drain all that much, would it? Even then, what about just having certain character teams being able to pull off team attacks?

Example:
- Mario's compatible team attack partners would be Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Wario, and Snake.
- Link's team attack partners would be Zelda, Ganondorf, another Link, Toon Link (or whatever Young Link variant they use), and Marth (because why not?).
- Captain Falcon's compatible team attack partners would be another Falcon, Ganondorf, Samus, Olimar, Sonic, and Snake.
- Donkey Kong's partners would be Diddy Kong, Bowser, Mario, and Yoshi.

Those are just some examples. They don't have to make a character have combo attacks with all others. This can also potentially create a separate tier list for Team Battles too, wouldn't it?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You need to remember though that there are other contents that need to be taken into consideration. For example, the video files can end up using a large portion of the game disc, which can potentially limit what else can be implemented.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I don't think the video files would take up that much room. I mean, thinking about all of the videos in Brawl and the 8GB Wii disc... unless they have more cutscenes in Smash 4 and each video become larger in size than what was used in Brawl, and this is assuming there will be an elaborate story mode like The Subspace Emissary.

grizby2

Smash Lord
yeah, we should have plent of memory space this time around. unless they cram the game full of too many different stages, textures, super long videos, ect.

thats why instead of entirely different animations, they would be given generic ones.

I like the idea, but I think the most elegant solution is to simply let the teammates perform their Final Smashes simultaneously. Let players figure out good strategies to use when combining different Final Smashes.

Example: Trap enemies with Peach's FS, then attack while they're sleeping with Samus's FS.
i don't know, that would feel kinda lazy on their part, also, that would kinda be a bit over powered, ya know?

can you imagine two sonics using a FS? not too many tactic required there. serve me on a plate why donchya? XD

Top Bottom