• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think about his new appearance?

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Like Jigglypuff and Ness, he now looks different from his past appearance and looks more soft or more child-like.

Last edited:

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I definitely like his old look better... but eh, I'll probably get used to this one.

D

Deleted member

I actually like his new design. It's more true to the original G&W games than his melee/brawl design was.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I like this better, plus his movements are more like a G&W game now, especially the parachute part of his Up b

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
G&W seems to display more emotion now. I found him uninteresting in brawl because he lacked depth... in his personality. This new render looks a lot more interesting and lovable, with more expressive animations. I think I should try him when I get the game.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I love the new animations, but the NOSE. His tiny nose throws me off.

Shmoopy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jordanious24
3DS FC
3995-6588-3249
I'd say he went on a slight 2-D diet regiment to lay off 2-D sausages.....or whatever.
The point is I like it. NOT TOO DRASTIC

Sup3rn00b

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sup3rn00b
3DS FC
4398-9309-7838
I can't really tell you what about him is different, but I can tell you that I like it.

Spongyoshi

Smash Cadet
NNID
spongyoshi
3DS FC
3523-2485-5804
At first he looked a bit weird... A bit taller and longer arms and legs and more fit
But i love his new animations! He looks more joyfull and with more personality,i love that!

Lunix7

Smash Apprentice
The new design is alright....but I prefer his melee/brawl design better.

Luigi-man

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yassinius
3DS FC
5284-1979-1070
I really like his new design. It's a bit more goofier. It stays more true to the original G&W games and it gives him more personality.
His walking animation is way more awesome now! First in melee it was like: 'Loop up, look down, look up, look down.' In Brawl it somewhat was the same but better, and now in smash 4, it kind of looks like a kid with a short attention span :p

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
My friends didn't believe me when I told them that he got a redesign. XD

I like the new one better, he just has a bit more... charm to him. I dunno.

Zodiacx10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zodiacx10
Like Jigglypuff, He now looks different from his original appearance and looks more soft or more child-like.
i really really like how cute jiggs looks in this game...its kinda funny fighting as something that is like constantly smiling.

anyway G&W new appearence? i really like it. he is more quirky in his moves and just seems like he is enjoyiong himself. although G&W is much smaller now compared to how big he was in other games it seems

D

Deleted member

Let's compare...

Well, he's missing his favorite Bell, his hands are circles ( which i dont mind ) but his nose shouldn't be a tiny stub and his ALT colors are not as bright as before ( RIP Ultra Cyan from Brawl ), therefore overall G&W is a bit lame here in design.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Let's compare...

Well, he's missing his favorite Bell, his hands are circles ( which i dont mind ) but his nose shouldn't be a tiny stub and his ALT colors are not as bright as before ( RIP Ultra Cyan from Brawl ), therefore overall G&W is a bit lame here in design.
I think the ball hands are a fantastic new addition. I guess you could say I kind of do miss the big nose because it was incredibly iconic but it's more true to his original design, and he still has the bell, just not in his artwork. The palette swaps are relatively worse now, but the white G&W is an addition I'm surprised wasn't in since Melee.

Overall it's obvious they were focusing more on his original design from the game Fire.

Top Bottom