• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you think about classic mode in this game?

PedroSmashFan2014

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-1313-2178
I think that until difficulty 7.0 it´s fine.On a higher difficulty, though, it is insane!
First, You have to beat a shadow robot thing or whatever, then u have to fight an dragon that moves like crazy, but that is not the worst part, you have to defeat a bunch of swords that have incredibly annoying and unpredictable attacks, but after that you´ll think it is all over, instead it is not, you fight the evil form of yourself, then you battle Master Core, who apparently does nothing unless u let him survive.In that case, he will unleash a powerful attack that can 0KO you!
The worst part, however, is if you lose.Because if you do, They will take away some of your prizes, half of your money and score. Nintendo could have realized how hard is classic mode on certain difficulties and let the player continued the final battle from the boss he had lost, but nooooooooooo, they(the players) will have to do the bosses all over again!

Namefound

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2664-2603-8552
Pedro, Isn't that what the difficulties are all about? The main reason why SSB4 took a leaf out of Kid Icarus: Uprising on how they handled difficulties is so that you can adjust it to your level, or something. But I understand where you're coming from, Master Core is evil, It'll take a calm mind and quick thinking to defeat it, if you need to, take a small break. (Drink some water, or go on a walk)

Folt

Smash Ace
I must say I absolutely love how streamlined and fun it is. The ability to pick harder difficulty paths is great and this is the only Classic Mode so far to encourage me to try out the secret bosses. (Crazy Hand, Master Core)

Also, from what I've seen of this and the Wii U's Classic Mode, I think I'm going to prefer this Classic Mode to Wii U's and that is mainly because the special battles that were staples of previous Classic Modes (Metal, Giant) can only be found on the Special Orders on the Wii U version and Fighting Team battles are restricted to Fighting Mii Team, from what I have seen. Even if Wii U Classic has a Rival system, can have 5 to 6 to even up to 8-Player Battles on their mode, and has a guaranteed miniboss battle against Fighting Mii Team, and also the new Master Fortress form for Master Core, the special battles lent their own unique brand of fighting that the Wii U Classic Mode's new features don't really compare that well too.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I must say I absolutely love how streamlined and fun it is. The ability to pick harder difficulty paths is great and this is the only Classic Mode so far to encourage me to try out the secret bosses. (Crazy Hand, Master Core)

Also, from what I've seen of this and the Wii U's Classic Mode, I think I'm going to prefer this Classic Mode to Wii U's and that is mainly because the special battles that were staples of previous Classic Modes (Metal, Giant) can only be found on the Special Orders on the Wii U version and Fighting Team battles are restricted to Fighting Mii Team, from what I have seen. Even if Wii U Classic has a Rival system, can have 5 to 6 to even up to 8-Player Battles on their mode, and has a guaranteed miniboss battle against Fighting Mii Team, and also the new Master Fortress form for Master Core, the special battles lent their own unique brand of fighting that the Wii U Classic Mode's new features don't really compare that well too.
Giant Battles do exist in Classic Mode according to some YouTubers, though they only appear in later difficulties. They come in the form of "Intruders" (though they are not always Giant). I'm sure Metal Intruders will be a thing too.

Folt

Smash Ace
That would be nice. Only appearing on higher difficulties stinks though, so 3DS Classic still wins out.

KamiDen

Smash Rookie
NNID
Subjectdelta64
I enjoy it a lot, the new bosses are a lot of fun (except I always screw up my defenses against the blades). I'm hoping it feels fresh again in the Wii U one though because I just finished clearing classic with all fighters (all attempted at 9.0, usually getting significantly demoted LOL) but now I'm scared I'm going to be totally burnt out and the completionist part of me won't care and turn me into a giant fist of rage.

TopSecretZone

Smash Cadet
I think both Classic and All-Star are short and sweet this time around, and a lot less tedious to complete with all characters. Not that I didn't enjoy them in previous games, but having just redone Classic, Adventure, All-Star for all characters in Melee and Classic/All-Star for everyone in Brawl for the second time I really appreciated Smash 4 making the process much quicker.

I hope records transfer to the Wii U version.

and Fighting Team battles are restricted to Fighting Mii Team, from what I have seen.
Actually fighting teams can be several characters that I've seen. I Imagine it could be a random member of the roster. I've fought team G&W just yesterday.

Last edited:

TopSecretZone

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna ask you to prove it, if you don't mind.
Sorry, didn't take a snapshot of it. There'll probably be footage of it on youtube if you skim a Classic Mode video or two. I think it tends to happen when you take the red paths more, aren't those the harder ones? I'm pretty sure I recall fighting R.O.B. too.

Folt

Smash Ace
Sorry, didn't take a snapshot of it. There'll probably be footage of it on youtube if you skim a Classic Mode video or two. I think it tends to happen when you take the red paths more, aren't those the harder ones? I'm pretty sure I recall fighting R.O.B. too.
Oh. I think we're misunderstanding each other. I said that regarding Wii U's Classic Mode. The 3DS Classic Mode does indeed have the chance for different Fighting Teams which is cool.

Folt

Smash Ace
Ah my bad, I skimmed through and didn't notice that.
Well, it doesn't matter. At least I can still get my fix of special battles through Special Orders if I'm playing the Wii U version, though I'm still bummed that I won't fight those kind of battles on Wii U Classic Mode.

Top Bottom