• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what do you hate about sheik?

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
ok...i dont play falcon but i do play sheik...i've been having a lot of trouble against falcons lately...very fast, technical, and smasrt falcons...no noobie ones...like the falcons that are extremly adept to tech chasing and can start a combo out of almost anything...anyways...i was here to ask, what gives you trouble when you fight sheik...what tactics have a sheik used on you thats given you problems....thanks in advance...peace

-hiroshi

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Grabs and needles. **** those needles.
ok...this is the most common answer i know...and yes i try to abuse needles...but its hard for me to get the grabs in....the falcons i play are extremly fast and smart...with very technical skill...its very hard to get the grabs in cuz i always get caught with like a last seconf nair or aerila...or they l-cncel into jabs everytime...they just always seem to do the right thing..andif i mess up once..they end up doing like a instand death combo on me...lol..ok not instant death...but they get a very lenght combo with high probability of killing me....peace

-hiroshi

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I play falcon once in awhile and when playing shiek, I really dislike her needles and grabs but not nearly as much as her pop up moves. Once at decent damage, her d-tilt or f-tilt pops me up nicely to the f-air and thats probably my most disliked part of her.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Tilts, fair, grabs. When I play Sheik vs Falcon, that's what I do. And bair. Bair is homo. As Falcon I hate Sheik's dash attack and disgusting grab game.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I hate the fact that Falcon should never EVER be able to come back when a Shiek is edgeguarding. If the Falcon is coming back, you're doing something wrong.

I also hate the fact that Falcon can never edgeguard Shiek, it's way too difficult and risky. If the Falcons are able to edgeguard you, you're doing something wrong.

Abuse tilts ONLY when they are stuck in their shield or are getting hit already. If you try to intercept attacks with a tilt, smart Falcon's will try to bait the tilt and get a grab or ariel out of it. Don't get grabbed. Try to get Falcon stuck in his shield. Shut down his movement (I.E. Keep **** close, Shiek ground priority/speed/range > Falcon priority/speed/range. Don't let him dashdance ever. Use needles if you're far to break him up)!

If Falcon is tech chasing you a lot, you're being predictable, and it's up to you to try and find a way out. Best advice I can offer is vary your techs, sometimes don't tech to throw them off. Otherwise, take the beating and try to get some good DI going so you can punish him right back with your own tech chasing.

When he's stuck in shield, mix up jabs and tilts, they can't do anything but roll or get their shield broken/pierced. Follow that roll with a grab or dash attack.

There you are, guide to beating Falcon. Have fun.

EDIT: Quick note, keep Falcon close at all times. If you pressure him enough to not be able to get into the air, it's game over.

punisher47

Smash Journeyman
I hate the fact that Falcon should never EVER be able to come back when a Shiek is edgeguarding. If the Falcon is coming back, you're doing something wrong.

I also hate the fact that Falcon can never edgeguard Shiek, it's way too difficult and risky. If the Falcons are able to edgeguard you, you're doing something wrong.

Abuse tilts ONLY when they are stuck in their shield or are getting hit already. If you try to intercept attacks with a tilt, smart Falcon's will try to bait the tilt and get a grab or ariel out of it. Don't get grabbed. Try to get Falcon stuck in his shield. Shut down his movement (I.E. Keep **** close, Shiek ground priority/speed/range > Falcon priority/speed/range. Don't let him dashdance ever. Use needles if you're far to break him up)!

If Falcon is tech chasing you a lot, you're being predictable, and it's up to you to try and find a way out. Best advice I can offer is vary your techs, sometimes don't tech to throw them off. Otherwise, take the beating and try to get some good DI going so you can punish him right back with your own tech chasing.

When he's stuck in shield, mix up jabs and tilts, they can't do anything but roll or get their shield broken/pierced. Follow that roll with a grab or dash attack.

EDIT: Quick note, keep Falcon close at all times. If you pressure him enough to not be able to get into the air, it's game over.

yep i have to agree. if you follow this then you should have less problems with those falcons.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Then why do you use sheik?

Sheik's needles make me bleed.
Why do I use Sheik in what? General? Cause she's my best character.

ThatGuy's advice is spot on, although I disagree with the tech chasing part. Falcon's tech is slow and Sheik's tech chasing is second only to Falcon himself, so if Falcon techs, he's gonna get *****. Not much he can do about it.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I didn't mention heavily about tech chasing for Shiek because it's a commonplace factor vs. every character.

h1roshi

Smash Hero

thanks....extremely well thought out and writtenposts...lots of good pointers...lots of help...

and to whoever said "arent u in the worng forum"....no im not...i wanna know what FALCON players hate about sheik...not what SHEIK players like to do against falcons...i like seeing the matchup from both perspectives...if u ever need advice on a matchup...i suggest going to each characters' thread and asking the appropriate question...for instance...in the sheik thread i asked for help against falcon..and then i have this thread...to see whatfalcon players hate about sheik...so i can abuse it....

and thanks boomstick...im gonna try and pwn at giga dis saturday...peace

-hiroshi

AeuS

Smash Cadet
I hate the fact that shiek can do anything falcon does with half the skill and half the manliness.

CWolf20

Smash Journeyman
thanks....extremely well thought out and writtenposts...lots of good pointers...lots of help...

and to whoever said "arent u in the worng forum"....no im not...i wanna know what FALCON players hate about sheik...not what SHEIK players like to do against falcons...i like seeing the matchup from both perspectives...if u ever need advice on a matchup...i suggest going to each characters' thread and asking the appropriate question...for instance...in the sheik thread i asked for help against falcon..and then i have this thread...to see whatfalcon players hate about sheik...so i can abuse it....

and thanks boomstick...im gonna try and pwn at giga dis saturday...peace

-hiroshi
So many ellipses. Makes my eyes hurt.

bovineblitzkrieg

Smash Journeyman
I hate how shiek can just repeatedly dash attack combo, ftilt or utilt into a fair with almost no skill involved, chain throw, and charge the needles. The needles are already ridiculous enough, do they really need to be able to do a ton of damage too?

It's annoying how easily shiek can kill with that fair. Anything she can hit you with sets it up perfectly.

That being said, every character has annoying stuff. Generally though, you have to be really nasty to pull of a lot of it (like waveshine combos, falcon's uair combos, pillaring, etc.). Sheik is like the shortcut to higher level play. If you wanna use her, I'd suggest playing with another char a lot first so you improve tech skills and don't become too reliant on her ridiculous moves. It's just too easy to kill.

DLK

Smash Apprentice
Chicago- IM if u live near chicago always looking
I believe that shiek should be #1 if u know how to play her. Captian JAck does but anyways i play falocn as my mian and hte thig i hate most about playing a shiek is that all her moves have higer proriety then CF the f-air is better the d-smash i hate. Needels are just gay. And believe it or not i hate the teleport thingy becuase i can nv knee when she is coming back and yo can go so far with it.

~Sheik is gay~ lol cause i have trouble winning

AND THE GAY *** DASH ATK IT IS SO GOOD

h1roshi

Smash Hero
ok guys...thanks for completely bashing my main character and letting me know what gay moves to ***** against falcons XD...even though i alrweady knew everything you guys pretty much said...oh wellz...its rare to get a post saying something you dont already know...peace

-hiroshi

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
ok guys...thanks for completely bashing my main character and letting me know what gay moves to ***** against falcons XD...even though i alrweady knew everything you guys pretty much said...oh wellz...its rare to get a post saying something you dont already know...peace

-hiroshi
whatever, you play on easy mode

audreyh

Smash Ace
i dont know what level of play you're at, but if you play good falcons and dash attack you'll get massively punished. Only dash attack if you're fully certain it will connect. Downsmashing is also very punishable.

Grab a lot (then techchase duh)
grab above ~105% insta kill. uthrow ftilt fair

be patient but don't try and play a reaction game with tilts because thats punishable too.

get falcon stuck in his shield

gota go to class.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
im at a pretty high level...my sheik does everything its supposed to do...i had some extremely good matches yesterday with my friends and we had the camera but we were too lazy to set it up so we didnt get to record...my friends got like 2 vids of my sheik on his comp but i haveyet to recieve them..but those sheik vids are kinda old by now...but i will put them up nonetheless so you guys can see how i play...generally at least....peace

-hiroshi

Cups

Smash Ace
It seems to me like if most of the fight is on the ground , Sheik wins. If it is mostly in air, then falcon wins. The number one thing is to not let the CF get a grab off. Falcon is really based off of his grabs, especially against Sheik. A Falcon's goal is to kill with as low of damage as possible, always less than 100. The main way this is done is either a quick grab to uthrow or dthrow to knee. . .pretty much always. So once you get around 60 to 90 damage, you know that they will be looking for grabs. Don't let the empty nairs and dairs fool you, chances are they are going for a grab to knee. Be patient, most Falcon players are very impatient and play with a lot of energy, if you set the speed of the fight with careful needle and grab placement, you will frustrate them so much that they will start throwing empty knees and things like that, then you have them. Be ruthless with edge hogging. Edge hop bairs, dsmash, jumping needles, all of these things have frustrated me many times. I always have trouble with people that DI away too, it messes up my uair combos. Finally, like I said before, if Falcon can't kill Sheik before around 80 damage, it is very, very difficult to ko her then. It is like if she passes 80, then she gets to 150. I guess what I'm saying is the longer the fight goes on, the more it is in Sheik's favor.

I hope this has helped, I have fought a lot of Sheiks in my day. Sheik is beastly.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
no shes not...and i pretty much got falcon completely figured out...needleing their recovery completey ***** them...and i am ridiculously good at tech chasing now...its all i dofor almost the whole match....and i ca keep a good techchase going for like 7-10 grabs in a row....and i mix it up with dthrow's to jab to grab...its pretty nasty...thanks guys...but if their are any more suggestions that havent been posted yet....feel free to let me know...peace

-hiroshi

vericz

Smash Champion
Don't get grabbed at 60%+, instant kills off that.
Don't transform into Zelda, Falcon ***** Zelda. :laugh:
And be gay, use them needles. They are the most annoying thing shiek does next to tech chasing.
Good luck next time we play, boi, cause I still going to try to win ;)

Top Bottom