• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you guys think Rosalina's role will be in future games?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Mario golf: world tour: playable with standard attire and galaxy theme'd golf coarse
Mario party 10: host
Mario Tennis U: playable again in standard attire flying around
Mario strikers 3: playable in new striker suit
Mario & sonic: completely absent because they couldn't be bothered adding a new character. but she was playable, she would be skill and still in standard attire.
New super mario bros 3/5: replace yellow toad.
Next 3D Mario: supporting role
Mario Baseball: team captain of characters from the galaxy games, bat = wand.
Super Smash Bros 5: Veteran
Every Mario Kart in the future: playable
Paper Mario U: major supporting character.
Mario & Luigi: supporting character.

Did I miss anything?
what do think her role's will be in these games?

also I think If Rosalina was added to Mario & Sonic, so would Baby Mario, Big and maybe Rouge? I don't play sonic

And Rosalina's Base ball Team would consist of
Yellow Luma, Master Luma, Red Luma, Green Luma, Blue Luma, Lubba, Honey Queen, Gearmo, Star Bunny, octoomba, chimp, whittle, jibberjay

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Am glad how she's been appearing in more and more games now, though she might lose some of her charm (to me) if she becomes too overused in spinoffs and everything like a lot of the Mario characters... I guess that's kind of inevitable though.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Some people have forgotten her amazing character in Galaxy 1, it's time for them to bring that back.
I just want to play as her in spinoffs, regardless. The development can stick to the main titles. And have her be playable more often.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Eh...she's lost a lot of her..."mystery". I thought her being in MKWii was the coolest thing, because I thought she was was going to be a one-off and she was pretty cool.

Now they're cramming her into literally everything and she's just becoming another... -shudder- ...less-annoying Daisy.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I think that the next Mario & Sonic could have four new characters for each series. Rosalina, Toad, Birdo and Diddy for Mario, and Espio, Charmy Bee, Rouge and Cream for Sonic.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Eh...she's lost a lot of her..."mystery". I thought her being in MKWii was the coolest thing, because I thought she was was going to be a one-off and she was pretty cool.

Now they're cramming her into literally everything and she's just becoming another... -shudder- ...less-annoying Daisy.
...I don't see how she's lost her "mystery" , since we have not learned a single thing about her character since the Galaxy games. Unless we count the fact that she knows how to have fun, and doesn't consider herself above activities like sports and fisticuffs, which further backs up the modest side of her character.

I personally will never get tired of Rosalina, unless they actually ruin her character, which they haven't. She's been portrayed as happier in 3D World and the spin-offs, but she still has that lonely look to her eyes and her voice clips, for the most part, aren't as madly happy sounding as the rest of the cast, and in a way, her happy antics could be seen as some sort of character development if you want (though it would be a headcanon). Since Mario stopped Bowser in Galaxy, she's been more at peace. And I don't see why a fan of a character WOULDN'T want to see a character happy. Rosalina's super excited laugh when she jumps off a waterfall with Plessie in 3D World, or gets shot out of the cannon in the MK8 trailer sounds SO heart-melting. Like seriously, it's adorable. And as for Smash Bros...she honestly seems MORE solemn than in Super Mario Galaxy in some ways, and her Smash portrayal is closest to her Galaxy one than any other games she's been in (not to mention her updated design makes me want her to just take me away in that observatory of hers more than ever <3).

That being said, I don't want her to be relegated to just spin-off games (and I don't count Smash as one - Smash is it's own distinct series that often takes liberties with the characters in it anyway). I think giving her a major and playable role in a Paper Mario game would be perfect (Super Paper Mario did wonders for Peach and is the only game outside of Smash where I actually enjoy her portrayal, and it gave Luigi and Bowser some time to steal the spotlight, as they were even greater since they had a lot of lines). And if they make SMG3 (Miyamoto has said that it's not out of the question), she will be in it, without a doubt. Personally though, I think that Mario should continue trying brand new stuff like 3D World, and that they should continue the Galaxy formula by giving Rosalina her own series, like with Wario and Yoshi.

As for the Olympic Games, if they do start adding new characters, Rosalina is probably going to show up. If not, Rosalina could become a boss character, like Rouge was.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
...I don't see how she's lost her "mystery" , since we have not learned a single thing about her character since the Galaxy games. Unless we count the fact that she knows how to have fun, and doesn't consider herself above activities like sports and fisticuffs, which further backs up the modest side of her character.

I personally will never get tired of Rosalina, unless they actually ruin her character, which they haven't. She's been portrayed as happier in 3D World and the spin-offs, but she still has that lonely look to her eyes and her voice clips, for the most part, aren't as madly happy sounding as the rest of the cast, and in a way, her happy antics could be seen as some sort of character development if you want (though it would be a headcanon). Since Mario stopped Bowser in Galaxy, she's been more at peace. And I don't see why a fan of a character WOULDN'T want to see a character happy. Rosalina's super excited laugh when she jumps off a waterfall with Plessie in 3D World, or gets shot out of the cannon in the MK8 trailer sounds SO heart-melting. Like seriously, it's adorable. And as for Smash Bros...she honestly seems MORE solemn than in Super Mario Galaxy in some ways, and her Smash portrayal is closest to her Galaxy one than any other games she's been in (not to mention her updated design makes me want her to just take me away in that observatory of hers more than ever <3).

That being said, I don't want her to be relegated to just spin-off games (and I don't count Smash as one - Smash is it's own distinct series that often takes liberties with the characters in it anyway). I think giving her a major and playable role in a Paper Mario game would be perfect (Super Paper Mario did wonders for Peach and is the only game outside of Smash where I actually enjoy her portrayal, and it gave Luigi and Bowser some time to steal the spotlight, as they were even greater since they had a lot of lines). And if they make SMG3 (Miyamoto has said that it's not out of the question), she will be in it, without a doubt. Personally though, I think that Mario should continue trying brand new stuff like 3D World, and that they should continue the Galaxy formula by giving Rosalina her own series, like with Wario and Yoshi.

As for the Olympic Games, if they do start adding new characters, Rosalina is probably going to show up. If not, Rosalina could become a boss character, like Rouge was.
Everything this!

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
I'm going to guess that she will become Daisy 2.0. She's also been in Mario Party: Island Tour (Not playable but still there). I bet the next announced sports/spinoff will have Rosalina in there.

Top Bottom