• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you guys think about falcon punch?a

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Is it overpowered? I feel like a move that strong that can be turned around, which is a strong mix up shouldn't be in the game. After watching m2k use it, basically off of nothing, I feel falcon punch may need to be rebalanced in the next patch.

What do you guys think?

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
I don't see anything wrong with it. It's pretty difficult to pull off in a 1v1 match even with casual players. It's a move rarely used because it has slow start-up and long ending lag. It's very punishable.

And yeah M2K did that in Project M, not Melee. But Zero was so conditioned in using Pit's arrows to keep him at bay that he never expected a Falcon Punch in a million years. Hence he was caught.

NotaSkeleton

Smash Cadet
The only way to pull of a Falcon punch is to either make a ridiculous read(Like M2K did in PM), or get it off stage during the opponents recover, at which point they'd pretty much be dead anyway. It's not overpowered in the slightest since it is incredibly slow. It just a has high effort:reward ratio.

Mevan

Smash Rookie
At higher level play it is very difficult to land as the start-up lag makes it nearly impossible to combo into. A read is required to land a Falcon Punch. It is not overpowered otherwise you would see them being landed in matches 24/7. The fact that they are not landed 24/7 is what mades the m2k moment so hype.

Sensei

Smash Lord
Falcon punch has enough startup and ending lag to balance out its power. DK's punch is more dangerous but it's balanced out by all of other DK's shortcomings.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
It's not really a good move, as Falcon literally yells that he's using it. If I'm about to punch you in the face, telling you that I'll punch you in the face will make it easier for you to dodge it.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I think it is pretty obvious it should be nerfed in the next NTSC melee patch. (v1.03)
Way too overpowered.

I mean, clearly if we don't address this now it is going to get out of hand.

Last edited:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I think it is pretty obvious it should be nerfed in the next NTSC melee patch. (v1.03)
Way too overpowered.

I mean, clearly if we don't address this now it is going to get out of hand.
You said it, pal. I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't released it yet.

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
the fuq are you talkin about
If you start at 0%, You have to be falcon punched like, 6 or 7 times to die. It has terrible start up lag and terrible ending lag, not to mention that it's easily dodged and punished.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
If you start at 0%, You have to be falcon punched like, 6 or 7 times to die. It has terrible start up lag and terrible ending lag, not to mention that it's easily dodged and punished.
im pretty sure that 100/100 times, nobody is gonna get falcon punched at 0%. generally, falcon punches will happen at high damage, as a last ditch effort.

cmvnb3

Smash Apprentice
Falcon punch is garbage for most situations and you could have used the knee wherever you can use it. I say it needs a buff such as travelling forward in mid-air. That alone would help its usefulness by becoming a much-needed recovery option for Falcon. It should even be able to go diagonally upwards/downwards slightly by tilting up/down when you use it. Falcon's poor recovery is what holds him back. Don't you want more Falcon in tourneys?

Top Bottom