• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what do you guys think about ddd?

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
I matched up against a Dedede player at Shuffle and Cut the other week. He had his chain throws down pat, but I'd say other than that, my inexperienced Link still did pretty well against him. I lost both matches yes, but I did better than I expected against him. It's pretty easy to land Dair and Fair on him, too.

D

Deleted member

the only thing i find annoying about D3 is his chain throw and the random spike dude killing u at low %

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
His spam game is better, and his waddle dee's stay on the ground, nullifying a lot of your projectiles. ****ing annoying as hell. The random spike thrown doesn't help either, it's pretty freaking unbalanced IMO.
His aerial mobility is also good, making it a survival challenge each time you try to get to the edge as he keeps chase and edgeguard.
His ftilt has insane reach. Chaingrab, all that stuff.
Good news, big character, you can get both fsmashes in at early %, also he's an easy target for zair. And even though his waddle dee throw really hinders you projectiles, they still work to an extent. Also careful about being aggressive, any DDD player who knows about chaingrab will to do it, with shield grabbing. Your ability to grab back will be pretty important. But, Link stupid nerfed hookshot is like, one of the only grabs that are slow as hell, and won't be able to help you out of an A combo. DDD also has a bigger range on his grab than what it visually seems. Other than that, a lot of DDDs moves are slow, know the right time to attack.

Dark Crimson

Smash Apprentice
Well you would fair a DDD as you would any other brawl character.

Lawl, I had to.

He's big and has a long reach, and not all that slow. In the air link has faster attacks, although DDD can fly. And as Amigo said, waddle dees will get in the way of arrows and boomerangs. But if you can gale boomerang him into a dair or ub you could get somewhere.

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
I find D3 to be a really easy match up.
I've played against good D3's, bad D3's, and even pathetic D3's.
All turned out the same way.
Basically, don't get grabbed, and for god's sake, please don't run into his smashes or downB. They hurt.
Out-spacing DDD is the most important factor in the match up, IMO. Link is faster than DDD, and as such, can handle him quite well.
Also, utilizing Zair will become very rewarding.

-Nox`

Link Lord

Smash Journeyman
In a place where people are tortured endlessly and
If you're good and train regularly with Link, DDD is one of the easiest enemies. The Clawshot aerial is absolutely perfect for spacing against large characters such as him and Bowser, and doing 10%(if it hits them when it closes) all the time makes it even better. He is also very slow and, therefore, cannot easily dodge a constant barrage of projectiles. Link's neutral A combo is also great to knock him away if he dodges your projectiles.

Edit: Just looked at the other posts. Maikeru17, you are smart. Now be proud that you use Link well.

henrytran

Smash Apprentice
DDD was really easy until people started to chain grab and got better with Happy Feet. It's mostly an even match up in the current metagame in my opinion, but I think Link has more room to improve than DDD does. I think Link's speed + priority will make it hard for DDD, but DDD's projectile game + proper spacing will similarly give Link a run for his money. No matter how much I play vs. DDD, his projectile spam will be tough to deal with.

Deva

Smash Lord
Link ***** DDD in my experiences. His projectile is better, but you have an overall better spam game. Play it right with bombs, rangs, and arrow cancels, and there's not much he can do, cept slowly throw one waddle dee at a time. Once he realizes he can't out spam you, he'll try to approach. His usual forte of spacing is also diminished through the use of your claw shot. He's so big he'll always get hit, running, jumping....and crouching lol.

Top Bottom