• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS What do you guys feel about Smash Run

loslobos

Smash Cadet
It's actually really fun imo, but most of my friends who have the game think otherwise. Opinions?

ReddFloxy

Smash Apprentice
I haven't played it yet, but I do really like the idea about it. And if they do add online function for the mode, I feel like it will become way more popular, even if the matches at the end are rather short.

It's something new and person people just haven't warmed up to the idea, I'll have to try it myself to be sure exactly, but I do really like the idea of wandering around in that big map and smacking enemies left in right (which looks more fun than the match at the end imo)

Shog

Smash Ace
They made one huge mistake, one HUGE mistake.
No. Options. for. the. Timer.

This is unacceptable. This is a huge no no. This is really bothersome.

Kirby Air Ride had an option to extend the Gametime to 7min and to choose the final area. Why isn't it here present? Why are other special options like, duh Special Melee not present.

Why?

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Eh. They took the subspace emissary and combined it with city trials from Kirby Air Ride, which is cool until they tinker with one of the coolest parts of the mode in Air Ride. To be honest, I was excited for this mode and it looked really cool, but with the lack of interaction with other players was key in city trials and this dampers the experience for me. Plus no online mode and the option to change settings is a shame.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
I loved Kirby's City Trial (like really, who played the other modes?), and see no reason to dislike Smash Run. Though the lack of online for it and the apparent lack of player interaction during the power-up phase is kinda disappointing, so it'll probably fall to the side rather quickly (especially since most of my friends are very dedicated to 1v1 fights only).

Fathom778

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPSICANEX2
I don't think I'm gonna really care for it.
I LOVED Kirby Air Ride, but Smash Run just seems meh. I'll still give it a shot.

K-45

Smash Journeyman
1 u can't change the timer.

2 u can't pick your own events.

3 no online

It was a interesting add on but the things I mention above really kill the mode for me. I don't see myself playing smash run to often.

Maybe if they update to fix the first 2 things I mention then I would be super hyped about it.

Last edited:

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
from what I have seen, it seems to be fun, but less fun and more limited than the mode it was based off of (city trial), which is kinda disappointing

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
The lack of options ruin it for the most part. They could probably fix it with a patch later on but I doubt they will.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
It was an interesting concept but by the looks of it, executed poorly. Perhaps something 8'll dabble in every now and then but that's about it. It's good to see actualy Nintendo enemies being used this time though.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
It gives them a way to show off a ton of enemies from the Nintendoverse as something other than trophies, so for that reason I like the idea of it, and I think it's a better use of cartridge space than something more like SE. I'll probably only play it from time to time, but I imagine I'll play it a lot more than I ever played SE in Brawl (i.e., once and never again).

Ceadda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lethality
3DS FC
2878-9806-5002
Would be better if it had an online feature.

Khao

Smash Lord
The lack of options is dissapointing, and the fact that you're picking random powerups completely blindly with no control over them, or what competition will come up at the end makes the whole thing feel kinda random.

Not too bothered at the lack of player interaction, as the point is having a fight at the end of the whole thing, but I wish you could at least see other players, and fight the same enemies on the same map.

Either way, the powerup collection looks really fun, and that's a huge point on its favor. I just hope they patch some extra things into it, like better customization, or a way to affect what game will appear at the end. (My ideal solution would be a way to "push" the chances of a specific game appearing by doing something within the map, so you can actually work towards getting a game that favors your current stats.)

Overall, it's something with huge potential, but it's just hasn't been fully realized yet.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Waste of a single player mode.

We get it Sakurai, you wanna include stuff from your Kirby/KI games, but this is Smash so please gtfo and take your menus with you we don't care. :4pacman:

I would take Subspace v2 over this. At least it had those awesome cinematics...

Last edited:

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Considering the game hasn't been released in most places yet, its kinda early to ask how people feel about it.

But from what I've seen, it sucks that it doesn't tell you what the competition is gonna be, so you can select your character and focus on getting the stats that will help you win.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I don't think it'll ever compare to City Trial, for several reasons, although I'll keep it short.

First of all, there's no options available. You can't change the timer, the event at the end, etc. and are locked with the default rules. Along with that, you also can't see the event that's coming up when the game ends, or at least get a hint towards it... I mean, who ever had fun in City Trial when they went into one of the events without any power-ups to help you? Another problem is the fact that there's no online in the game... I mean, it's quite obvious why they did this, though, as it'll strain the servers, but I just wish we had online when playing with friends, at least.

One of the biggest problems, though, is that it's a Smash Bros. game. This kind of mode, to be honest, just doesn't work. With Kirby Air Ride, you're on an Air Ride Machine, always moving forward, getting boxes for power-ups interacting with each other, changing machines, with events, etc. all in a 3D map. In Smash Run, you can't choose how you'd like to play this game - in Air Ride, you could play aggressively, go attack others, and steal their power-ups, you could go for things such as the Dragoon, or you could play it safe and try to grab them yourselves. With Smash Run, all you really do is go smack enemies, grab their power ups, and then repeat until the ending.

but eh I'll play it

hopefully I wasn't too kirby biased here tho

YamiKitsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1006-0928-7336
Waste of a single player mode.

We get it Sakurai, you wanna include stuff from your Kirby/KI games, but this is Smash so please gtfo and take your menus with you we don't care. :4pacman:

I would take Subspace v2 over this. At least it had those awesome cinematics...
...You disgust me.

Top Bottom