• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you feel should be implemented onYlink for Brawl?

burrito

Smash Lord
I agree with fawriel, young Link is a very important part of the Zelda series. Any Zelda fan remembers Link as a curious young kid who matures throughout the game and saves Hyrule. So, it was a slight rip off that it was Adult Link who was in Smash Bros., considering that Young Link is the real link. I think Sakurai realized this and that's why he added Young Link to Brawl.

Cel-shaded Link has become the newest incarnation of Young Link, so he should represent him in Brawl. He has sort of come to represent one part of the Zelda series as well. He is a different enough character to be included besides Twilight Princess Link. Not only that, but Cel-shaded Link does a lot to add to the graphical variety of Brawl. As someone said earlier, "I want him to stand out like a sore thumb". Look at the Yoshi's Island level, it stands out because of it's crayon design and that's one of the things that make it so great. Super Smash Bros. is a game that is made special because of the variety in it's atmosphere.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i atill think yl should be out entirely.
P.S
@notftomearth7
if you click the more under all of the smilies there are tons more.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
than why call it young link if it is the norm? wouldn't it be called link, and the other be called old link? i don't think so. i hate the idea of ww link for brawl. keeping two of the same character in brawl would be like giving in to a bad habit. they only did that because they were pressed for time, and i think that having 2 years and starting with melee's engine is enough time to not have to implement multiple of the same character.
Actually, you're right. The old link should be called "Adult Link" and the young version simply Link. The young version is the one that represents more of the myriad of Links throughout the ages, given they all seemed to be chosen around age 10 or so... So having WW Link would be a way to represent every Zelda game save for OoT and TP, which is not really that bad a feat for a single character.

So no, I'm not really in favor of axing the true Link, cool as TP link might be. But I'd like him to be decloned, and his moveset rely more on WW/PH items. I don't mind having different characters based on the same concept, as long as they play differently, and WW and TP link are two different people after all, so it's not like it's any kind of paradox or person repeat or anything.

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather he got his own personal moveset. Either WW Link with things like the deku leaf or a MM inspired link. His B moves could be taken from moves he could use when wearing the transformation masks.

Top Bottom