• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do You Expect From the Patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
I've noticed mains of many other characters are rallying together and calling for a nerf on Sonic (among other characters of course). Personally, their complaints seemed to come from a lack of MU knowledge. As for all the Sonic players or people with other secondary mains on here, what kind of nerfs do you expect Sonic to receive in the April 15th patch? Furthermore, do you guys think Sonic will still be A tier (5th or 6th in the game) after the patch?

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
Everyone seems to be expecting a bthrow nerf. If they nerf Sonic's bthrow and not touch Ness', i'm going to be upset.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Everyone seems to be expecting a bthrow nerf. If they nerf Sonic's bthrow and not touch Ness', i'm going to be upset.
Yeah, same here considering Ness' is much stronger than Sonic's. It's actually incredibly stupid. Sonic's back throw is his most reliable kill option, everything else requires a hard read which I feel is almost impossible to get against most good players. Note how much trouble 6WX has getting kills nowadays.

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Im expecting Sonic to not be touched at all. He's pretty balanced, though if anything he mihht get a btheow nerf.

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
I don't think sonic's going to get tweaked honestly, but if he does im willing to bet either the bthrow will be nerfed or some of his attacks may have more or less endlag

DragN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jjaneck1
3DS FC
3523-2929-6445
He can keep his speed, just get rid of that kill throw please. No character that fffaaassssttt should have a killing throw, XD (I can handle the spindash's % clanking with my egg roll) but that throw just ruins everyone who is....wait for it......TOO SLOW!

Last edited:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
He can keep his speed, just get rid of that kill throw please. No character that fffaaassssttt should have a killing throw, XD (I can handle the spindash's % clanking with my egg roll) but that throw just ruins everyone who is....wait for it......TOO SLOW!
Drown in a river.

:018:

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
I don't see back throw as unbalanced considering he doesn't have many reliable kill set ups like other high tiers do. IMHO, Luigi is the only character that really needs to be nerfed. Like a lot of people are saying, Sonic really doesn't need to be touched. But dang, I'd let them cut back throw's knock back in half if they gave him a better landing option... maybe a faster nair.

DragN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jjaneck1
3DS FC
3523-2929-6445
Drown in a river.

:018:
(Unless this is Sunshine, I won't drown. XD) Sorry if I is angered you, it wasn't my intention. I was just speaking my mind. The back throw is a bit much. Just cut the knockback down by a third and everything would be a bit more manageable.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
(Unless this is Sunshine, I won't drown. XD) Sorry if I is angered you, it wasn't my intention. I was just speaking my mind. The back throw is a bit much. Just cut the knockback down by a third and everything would be a bit more manageable.

This is why I'm almost certain Bthrow is going to get nerfed.

If Sonic gets nerfed at all beyond that, I'm going to be really annoyed.
People ***** so much about Sonic yet allow custom tournaments with Mii Brawler + Hurricane Kick. Yeah, makes sense.

It's primarily because the things people complain about outside of Sonic's Bthrow are so manageable that any "tweaking" to his moveset could potentially bring us back to being B R A W L B O Y Z

:093:

DragN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jjaneck1
3DS FC
3523-2929-6445
He's not gonna be brought down to his brawl self. Just a tiny knockback nerf to the back throw and maybe a faster n-air to compensate for it and he's A-ok! :) I like Sonic, he's one of my favorite characters next to Yoshi and Link. The Blue Blur just needs a teeny tiny tweak.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I can survive a Bthrow nerf.

Any other major significant losses to KO power or reliability will be detrimental though. These next two days are so suspenseful.

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
There are worse back throws that kill earlier though, not too mention its chance of killing relies heavily on being at the edge.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
If Sonic's back throw is nerfed, they should also nerf Mario's, Ness', Wario's forward throw, etc...

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
There are worse back throws that kill earlier though, not too mention its chance of killing relies heavily on being at the edge.
ya but sonics fast tho

>Meanwhile Ness happily kills without rage at 100% from anywhere on the stage.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
i hope they fix BSBS. i'm expecting bthrow to get tweaked but they could simply nerf rage which as a result would nerf rage. Or nerf bthrows base knockback so that it doesn't scale high with rage. this would allow it to still be a KO option just not until higher than 120 which is where it used to kill pre wii u patch due to horizontal vectoring being stronger.

wishful thinking would be for dair to meteor smash on startup instead of during the middle of the move or utilt to get knockback reduction so it can juggle into itself at very low %. the move really needs something imo.

Far out there things would be they reduce our landing lag on bair. 30 frames is a lot to swallow for a move that has noticable startup. while characters like ZSS and fox have safer and faster bair's that KO earlier than ours and "fast" characters.

hopefully we get some small buffs here and there as i know other characters probably will. i mean last patch we got cypher grabbing removed in exchange for more cooldown on fsmash so if bthrow or worse his spin dashes got nerfed i could see us getting a buff of equal or greater value to compensate.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Hopefully, nothing is nerfed other than Bthrow or maybe slightly less dpindash damage. Otherwise, Sonic's gonna get bodied.....

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
Why would they nerf the only reliable KO move of one of the best balanced characters? You know what they should do? Change that stupid Dair to ProjectM's awesome spiking machine :)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'm not getting my hopes up for BSBS.

New Age Retro Hippie

Smash Cadet
NNID
dankmemez
I hope they don't touch the back throw. If they do that without doing anything to Ness I will be super upset. I had a discussion with some higher level players locally and we all agreed he could probably use a slight, slight numbers tweak. There's no reason for a SD/SC hit confirm to almost guarantee 25-28% when its the most bread-and-butter thing we have. That's several characters' forward smashes in percentage - something a lot of them have to get very good reads to land. I'm not saying SD/SC combos are free but... it is a little ridiculous. A lot of his attacks just do so much damage for the risk they involve. I think current Shiek numbers would be a healthy consideration if I have to suggest anything at all for Sonic, who I don't think is anywhere near as problematic as purported by others.

Last edited:

DragN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jjaneck1
3DS FC
3523-2929-6445
Yes, a % change would help us feel less scared against the blue guy. I don't like being on the receiving end of the 20-something damage Spindash. Five of those, plus a fresh n-air or homing attack is insane. XD Its like Sonic learned Shulk's Buster Art for his Spindashes.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yes, a % change would help us feel less scared against the blue guy. I don't like being on the receiving end of the 20-something damage Spindash. Five of those, plus a fresh n-air or homing attack is insane. XD Its like Sonic learned Shulk's Buster Art for his Spindashes.
Well, I hope you're happy.

With the patch officially released, I'm locking this thread and all discussion will now take place here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom