• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you do while deynced?

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
I can get desynced easy, but I can't keep it going, or know what to do. All I can think of is ice block to hyphen smash...

What do you do while desynced? Also, how do you stay desynced?

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
Anything.

Usually, I spam IBs or dsmashes/fsmashes. This usually makes my opponent come to me and wait for that split second in which I'm in lag to attack, but in the time he's waiting I just dash-grab with Popo by surprise. Works beautifully.

Online I desynch taunts lol. I have my taunts set up so if I desynch them it looks animated. :)

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I normally desync taunts (have them do different taunts, then while the opponent thinks we are both taunting, the other attacks) or I'll desync their Over B which is fun to do.

calprinicus

Smash Cadet
any of the 'b' moves are good for desyncing except belay for obvious reasons. smashes, tilts, and taunts help too. learn to vary.

what i commonly use:

bliz -> SH bliz: ok for advance / surrendering
IB -> foxtrot IB: great for advancing
IB -> hyphen smash (dash + u-smash): use more than I probably should, timing can sometimes be tricky.
bliz -> grab: works better at low %
u-smash -> SH u-air :to move while on ground while opponent in air, juggles well.
squall -> squall: a.k.a the squall carry, before opponent D.Is you should end with either a:
squall -> grab (grab around middle of squall animation may need to dash grab)
squall -> smash (same as above w/ smash)​
smashes
taunts (side -> up -> side = personal favorite) make sure you have time for it!

take your pick there are a few more I'm probably forgetting. takes a while at first to get the hang of chaining different desynches together, but there is almost a rythme you'll get after a while. The trick is variety. I think that the ICs have 4 games non-desynced, Desynced, grabs, and popo solo. Desynced is the one you will probably playing the most since it blends with grabs and needed for the start. The others are important but this is like the glue that binds all together. master it to master IC.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
My fav would b IB > Squall > Smash/Grab
The squall carrieZ em 2 the edge and the Fsmash finishes the job nicely.
Other than that.. I spam Ib's and.. lolz pretty much everything Cal said. He actually got all of the good ones Imo.

Top Bottom