• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you do grab-wise?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Can everyone escape down throw to down tilt at 0%? It seems pretty reliable against characters in our Goldilocks range (non-fast faller/non-floaty)

Down-Throw gives the opponent frame advantage. While it isn't much it still means they get to act first. D-Tilt is a frame 6 attack so in order for Mewtwo to "combo" into it he needs the opponent needs to have NO option that's less than about 8-11 frames.

There's 3 options for the opponents:

If he hasn't landed then jump + air dodge is definitely always less than 8-11 frames. There's also the possibility of an aerial, assuming it's quick and has enough range to hit Mewtwo.

If the opponent has landed then shielding or rolling is always an option. Depending on the character jabbing is also an option.

There's a 3rd option which is that the opponent lands JUST as his lag is ending which means that we have to account for landing lag. Even then shield + landing lag is STILL shorter lag than Down-Throw + Down-Tilt, at least I think it is. I would need the actual landing lag data and what specific frame the specific character lands on to know if it would actually allows us to D-Tilt.

But even if there was a case where it was an assured combo, it would be for an specific character at an specific % and wouldn't work after that specific %. I still doubt it actually combos on anyone though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom