• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what do you ban?

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
As a ganon player, certain stages are just stupid to try and fight it out I feel. I want to know what you decide to ban

here's what I normally decide to do

Against a Fox player - Green Greens

Against a Falco player - Pokemon Stadium

Against a Sheik Player - PokeFloats

Against a Marth Player - ???

Against Peach - ???

Against Falcon - FD?

Against jiggs - Mute City, but I do hate the japes (ALL GANONS SHOULD PLAY JIGGS AT MUSHROOM KINGDOM II, STAY IN THE MIDDLE AND JIGGS CAN'T KILL YOU)
- also, wall tech to Uair after he fairs you in to the wall)

Against mario's I don't know what to ban, I usually counterpick them to rainbow cruise, mario sucks there. another big counter pick I like to do is mute city on fast fallers.

Linguini

Smash Master
FoD every time, hate that stage, im cool with every other stage.
I really dont mind gay stages, but if the player agrees i love to do all FD.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Its a double edged sword with marth.

Bigger stages offer him better combos.

Small stages offer him easier kills due to tippers.

It goes to personal perference I'd say..I don't mind taking him to smaller stages long as you know how to avoid his platform game and maximize yours. Marth is pretty light so with smaller stages, he dies pretty easily.

I'd say green greens due to the odd edgeguarding aspect there but that stage scares the hell out of me.

Yoshistar64

Smash Journeyman
Against Peach you might as well ban Mute City.

And Marth... huh, that's a tough one. For some reason, I think Poke Floats would be good for Ganondorf. But I don't know what to ban. FD?

I'm lost.

Magus420

Smash Master
I use Ganon, Peach, Jiggs, and less so Zelda on a similar level so what I ban usually depends on the player like their main/s, secondaries, stage preferences,etc. If nothing else I usually ban FoD because I don't like the stage and it at least gets it off random.

If I were to only use Ganon these would probably be what I'd ban:

Against Fox - Green Greens, PokeFloats, Pokemon Stadium

Against Falco - Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams

Against Sheik - Fountain of Dreams (platforms tend to interfere with the way I fight Sheik plus I hate the stage), Green Greens

Against Marth - Final Destination (very hard to edgeguard), Yoshi's Story (slopes make it easier to get edgeguarded)

Against Peach - Mute City

Against Falcon - Final Destination, Dreamland 64

Against Jiggs - Mute City, Kongo Jungle 64

Against Marios - ???

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
Against Marth I automatically ban battlefield...
My auto counterpick against anything is...and will always be Poke'Floats...I know them very...very well.

I just feel really comfortable on them.

Top Bottom