• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do players do that pisses you off the most?

Nomis4

Smash Cadet
I main falco, but I sometimes play puff in friendlies, and whenever I pick her everybody instantly changes their character to fox. It doesn't really piss me off, but yeah... I'd definitely like to play more than one MU with my puff, haha. And the irony is that most of the time they do worse as fox than if they had just used their normal character because they don't know how to avoid easy rest setups.
I main Fox and secondary Falco (pretty much Fox 70% of the time, Falco 30%) whenever I'm in a Falco mood I'll play a ton of games as him, but if someone switches to Puff, **** that **** man, I'm going back to Fox.

Last edited:

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
I get really mad when someone pops off when they win against me. I would respect it if it was a very close set, or they worked really hard, but at my schools tournament, i am the number 1 in my school, and the one day the number two in the school 2 - 0s me (I played like ****e though, no johns) He just pops off as loud as possible, and I think that just upsets me.
When your'e the best in your scene, you have to expect that. Winning is exciting, please don't be the guy that tries to take that away from them. Shake their hand, say good game, and walk away.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
One thing that really grinds my gears is that so many people look down on others for who they play. "Oh, you only won because you were playing a janky low tier. Oh, you only won because :jigglypuffmelee: is easy. Oh, you only won because :foxmelee: is OP". It's really obnoxious, if someone can consistently beat someone else, then I'm pretty sure it's because their better at the game, not because they picked the magical character called "I win". The winner puts in work regardless of who they played, and I feel that should be respected.

GenNyan

Smash Ace
I main Fox and secondary Falco (pretty much Fox 70% of the time, Falco 30%) whenever I'm in a Falco mood I'll play a ton of games as him, but if someone switches to Puff, **** that **** man, I'm going back to Fox.
Is there any specific reason though? Falco v puff is 50-50, so its not like its close to a bad MU. I mean, I see why you'd want to in tourney maybe, but in friendlies? I don't really get it.

Nomis4

Smash Cadet
Is there any specific reason though? Falco v puff is 50-50, so its not like its close to a bad MU. I mean, I see why you'd want to in tourney maybe, but in friendlies? I don't really get it.
Because it's just harder to combo Puff as Falco, as opposed to Fox. I know the tradeoff is that Falco can shine Puff off the top early, but it just feels like Falco's famous combo game isn't as easy on Puff. Maybe it's just that I almost never play against Puffs.

Last edited:

FoxeR

Smash Cadet
playing falco vs puff is tedious and boring

Ladder

Smash Apprentice
I hate when I forget it's PAL and I dair my opponent and they immediately meteor cancel it

Michelangelo

Smash Cadet
When someone just does the dumbest easiest things like run up grab or f smash with marth and it actually works and then they think they're actually good and do stuff that legit works. It's my own fault to actually get hit by it because i'm just dumb but i just get sooo salty.

Nox_SSBM

Smash Rookie
I hate it when people who obviously are better than me (I'm a noob to smash) taunt me after every stock
like yeah i know, you're better then me, no need to rub it in. :sadsheep:

Or, when i do win, people don't fist pump me or shake my hand just because i am new. Respect your opponent no matter what ;_;

MurphyPrime

Smash Journeyman
Shake your hand for what reason? It's not like your playing ultra high level play, or you have intense sets. If opponents expect a handshake when they win, but don't shake yours when you do that's a different story. Most people don't really care though.

As for taunting you, it's not really that bad. Have you had someone own you with a low tier? You gotta accept people aren't gonna take you seriously until you get better. And they more often than not are trying to put on a show for there friends, rather than straight disrespect. When these top level players play against scrubs, they end up having to entertain themselves. That's how they have fun.

Gearitz

Smash Apprentice
I hate when people complain that I play to win too much or don't use enough tech or that I need to style so I can have fun when I'm consitantly beating them. Also when people complain that their buttons won't come out like no you're either slow or don't have whatever you're doing down consitantly.

Edit: People who use the character they play as a cop out for losing such as "I play fox the hardest character" and people who say they're better because they use more tech or use a harder character

Last edited:

TheFlyingCule

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFlyingCule
3DS FC
3668-8782-5131
I get pissed off when people view my character as lame. As if Peach is a dumb character, she's a high tier, but to so many people, unless you play Fox, Falco, or Captain Falcon (So basically Mang0's characters), your character is lame so you dont deserve any respect. Tbh I don't run into this THAT often, but it does happen.

I have this trouble more in Smash 4 tho since a lot of Smash 4 players in my area think anyone maining a high tier is lame and that characters like Ganon and little Mac are the coolest thing.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
to so many people, unless you play Fox, Falco, or Captain Falcon (So basically Mang0's characters), your character is lame so you dont deserve any respect
People just slap the name lame on any tactic or character they lose to. I was being called lame by a handful of people for chaingrabbing a sheik as Ganon at Evo. Not that this "pissed me off" but it was a little frustrating since I dropped two chaingrabs from laughing during my tournament set. After hearing "Can you even get out of that?" Someone actually said "No, it's one of those things where you get grabbed and you're just dead. It's really lame and banned in most tournaments". Not making this up.

Last edited:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
People just slap the name lame on any tactic or character they lose to. I was being called lame by a handful of people for chaingrabbing a sheik as Ganon at Evo. Not that this "pissed me off" but it was a little frustrating since I dropped two chaingrabs from laughing during my tournament set. After hearing "Can you even get out of that?" Someone actually said "No, it's one of those things where you get grabbed and you're just dead. It's really lame and banned in most tournaments". Not making this up.
You might not be making it up, but sounds like they are. How can people act like Ganondorf is broken or something LOL

PineTree2.0

Smash Cadet
I really hate it when people tell me that I'm cheap or annoying because I wobble. I can understand in friendle because there's nothing at stake, but not in a tournament. I'm trying to win. I'm not going to play like a Fox when I'm ICs. I play to my strengths.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I really hate it when people tell me that I'm cheap or annoying because I wobble. I can understand in friendle because there's nothing at stake, but not in a tournament. I'm trying to win. I'm not going to play like a Fox when I'm ICs. I play to my strengths.
That's bogus. You should look at them without dropping the wobble and say you mad bro?

Mastodon

Smash Apprentice
I get mad when playing against Olimars who spam pikmin.
you're in the wrong subforum, homie.

You know, the only time I think I've ever been mad, which was more so frustration and not anger, was after getting bodied for hours on end by a friend of mine while practicing with him. I just kept getting hit, then getting combo'd to death, over and over again and I couldn't seem to make it stop. But he wasn't doing anything to make me mad. He never did anything disrespectful, and really never does at all. I just mad because I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. I am the most stoic person I know, but I was visibly upset then.

So there isn't really anything anyone does in this game that makes me mad. I do remember getting a little upset at someone being disrespectful to me in a tournament set, but really I just ignore stuff like that and continue to play as normal.

InfiniteThoronz

Smash Cadet
When people say they have like 5+ mains lol
I have mains that I play with and are my best characters. Those are my main mains. Secondary mains is a character I use often, but not as commonly or as seriously as my main
A thing that they all have in common is that they're all characters I enjoy playing as

Last edited:

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
I have mains that I play with and are my best characters. Those are my main mains. Secondary mains is a character I use often, but not as commonly or as seriously as my main
A thing that they all have in common is that they're all characters I enjoy playing as

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
You can enjoy as many characters as you want, but a main is something more exclusive to one character, and very rarely 2, and that's mostly just for top top players.

GenNyan

Smash Ace
You can enjoy as many characters as you want, but a main is something more exclusive to one character, and very rarely 2, and that's mostly just for top top players.
Well you really don't have to be a top player to have 2-3 mains. There are advantages and disadvantages to dual maining at every level of play. Sure you'll improve faster with only one main, but people can still have more than one without being a top player. However, at some point (4-5 characters) its just like, If everybody is your main, then nobody is your main.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Well you really don't have to be a top player to have 2-3 mains. There are advantages and disadvantages to dual maining at every level of play. Sure you'll improve faster with only one main, but people can still have more than one without being a top player. However, at some point (4-5 characters) its just like, If everybody is your main, then nobody is your main.
Well sure, you can. But should you? I don't think so, since you'll get better much faster otherwise.

MurphyPrime

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I like saying I play a lot of characters, but in reality I only really main Luigi (maybe also Yoshi). I think everyone should at least mess around with other characters in friendlies, but don't kid yourself with thinking you main like 5+. Cause you end up trying to fight Ice Climbers with Peach even though you don't main Peach, get wobbled, and sadness ensues.

Top Bottom