• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do players do that pisses you off the most?

LonerCrisis

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sparkyysheep
Mine, personally is kirbycides, kirby is filled with multiple suicides while most characters if they ever even has a suicide the its just one but kirby has 4 of them.

itsbme

Game on!
Slippi.gg
BME#828
I main Roy, and I don't like it when non-mains of Roy counterpick him against me in serious sets. If it's your main or secondary it's one thing, or if it's just friendlies, why not!. But if you pick it against me after whooping me with like Fox and you don't even use Roy seriously, I feel like you're attempting to beat me badly to rub it in my face.

I've been Yoshi Egg'd and such too death, and those things don't bother me. It's part of the game. But man, don't use Roy against me unless you're serious. I mean, I can't stop you, but think of my feelings! My feelings! Don't do it!

Unless you're Azen of course, because he's The Master of Diversity.

LonerCrisis

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sparkyysheep
I main Roy, and I don't like it when non-mains of Roy counterpick him against me in serious sets. If it's your main or secondary it's one thing, or if it's just friendlies, why not!. But if you pick it against me after whooping me with like Fox and you don't even use Roy seriously, I feel like you're attempting to beat me badly to rub it in my face.

I've been Yoshi Egg'd and such too death, and those things don't bother me. It's part of the game. But man, don't use Roy against me unless you're serious. I mean, I can't stop you, but think of my feelings! My feelings! Don't do it!

Unless you're Azen of course, because he's The Master of Diversity.
I understand the Roy counterpick thing on a person level. It just them leaving their main just to act all tough and just be a bigger **** than they are already being.

Sometimes I get upset that Peach has slight disadvantages against certain characters. But it's not too bad. Besides, I later end up figuring out a trick to get around 1 of their tricks

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
i hate when people play low tiers against my pichu (it's fine if it's a legitimate secondary, but other than that it's not even fun to play). what's even worse are the people on anther's ladder who leave the second i pick pichu.

Uchihadark7

Smash Journeyman
I hate when people just block the whole time and don't try when you're trying to play a seriously match.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
I'm a Bowser main, and recently, I have started doing good in tournies, and of course, people want to play with me. The thing is, most of them just come by me, plug into the wii, close everyone else's window, pick Falco/Marth (worst match ups) and go on Final Destination. All of this, without asking me or anyone. And it's not just one guy, it's a handful.

The next time someone do this I'll just unplug and leave, seriously, it's annoying and a total lack of respect.

LonerCrisis

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sparkyysheep
I'm a Bowser main, and recently, I have started doing good in tournies, and of course, people want to play with me. The thing is, most of them just come by me, plug into the wii, close everyone else's window, pick Falco/Marth (worst match ups) and go on Final Destination. All of this, without asking me or anyone. And it's not just one guy, it's a handful.

The next time someone do this I'll just unplug and leave, seriously, it's annoying and a total lack of respect.
I mean I could understand if they ask cause then you could get the practice in. Practice fighting against your worst match ups is extremely important but it would be nice if they weren't jerks about it.

LonerCrisis

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sparkyysheep
i hate when people play low tiers against my pichu (it's fine if it's a legitimate secondary, but other than that it's not even fun to play). what's even worse are the people on anther's ladder who leave the second i pick pichu.
I'd play kirby against you to be honest.

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
I get really pissed off at players (especially those around the same age as me, or older) who say they "main" an absurd amount of characters. You don't. At most, you have like two. Any more than two makes you sound really arrogant.

I also apply this to other fighting games, as well.

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
I get really pissed off at players (especially those around the same age as me, or older) who say they "main" an absurd amount of characters. You don't. At most, you have like two. Any more than two makes you sound really arrogant.

This bugs me as well. You see people here that have all of their "mains" in their signatures. Yeah, I'm sure you main 5-6 characters in each game. Let's see how those 5-6 characters do against my main I've been working on for a year straight.

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
When someone beats you and they say they weren't playing their best. They'll also say it when they lose but it's much more annoying after they win.

Last edited:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking

That might just be their main lmao

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
When someone beats you and they say they weren't playing their best. They'll also say it when they lose but it's much more annoying after they win.
There's this horribly toxic girl in my scene that once sat down for friendlies with a friend of mine, picked Roy, and said "I'm playing a bad character so if I lose it doesn't mean anything, but if I win that means you're really bad"

Basically saying if he won it means nothing but if he lost he's bad.

I hate her so much.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
There's this horribly toxic girl in my scene that once sat down for friendlies with a friend of mine, picked Roy, and said "I'm playing a bad character so if I lose it doesn't mean anything, but if I win that means you're really bad"

I hate her so much.
I would just look at her and say "I have never seen someone so accurately embody the mindset of a true champion. I mean, you're the genuine article!"

Beach

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CallMeBeach

Pretty much this, I've bounced between characters trying to find who I enjoy the most but for the love of all things holy you can't main 10 characters. It isn't realistic or practical to attempt to play that many characters.

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much this, I've bounced between characters trying to find who I enjoy the most but for the love of all things holy you can't main 10 characters. It isn't realistic or practical to attempt to play that many characters.
Unless you're Azen.

ssbmCosmic

Smash Rookie

This so much, people who legitimately believe they have more than two mains and are obviously at a low level just irritate me so much. It is much more satisfying to watch someone who has one good character that they have a deep understanding of then someone who has a bunch of generic characters that they jump back and fourth from once they lose a game.

LonerCrisis

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sparkyysheep

I hate her so much.
Roy is SSS tier in Melee Hell but in all seriousness playing a "bad character" doesn't mean too much its mainly based on your skill level so that makes her toxic automatically.

Chief Hotsuin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blue-Rob
3DS FC
3411-3937-1436

They're scared. They know they'll probably need the better, more developed characters to beat you. You should be used to that. You're a Bowser! Now, l know very little about Melee's meta, but l DO understand that you play a a low tier to feel especially good about winning. In PM, l play Ganon a lot. On Anther's, l usually see spacies a lot, a horrid match-up. Eh, that's something l got used to fast. ln Smash 4, l started out life as a Palu. All l knew about her was dthrow nair constantly until l could get a uair kill, but l know l learned how to chase people and l definitely felt good winning.

If you're quitting against a player using higher tier character before the match even starts, YOU'RE the one who's scared. With that mentality, l can't see why you're playing Bowser at all.

Them using Falco/Marth on FD is anything BUT disrespectful.

l hope there's more to be taken from your comment that went COMPLETELY over my head and l was just repeating the fundamentals you live and breathe by.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
They're scared. They know they'll probably need the better, more developed characters to beat you. You should be used to that. You're a Bowser! Now, l know very little about Melee's meta, but l DO understand that you play a a low tier to feel especially good about winning. In PM, l play Ganon a lot. On Anther's, l usually see spacies a lot, a horrid match-up. Eh, that's something l got used to fast. ln Smash 4, l started out life as a Palu. All l knew about her was dthrow nair constantly until l could get a uair kill, but l know l learned how to chase people and l definitely felt good winning.

If you're quitting against a player using higher tier character before the match even starts, YOU'RE the one who's scared. With that mentality, l can't see why you're playing Bowser at all.

l hope there's more to be taken from your comment that went COMPLETELY over my head and l was just repeating the fundamentals you live and breathe by.
As an ex-Bowser main myself, I can tell you confidently that this is not how this works. People will see you playing a low tier and think you suck, or that you are sandbagging or whatever. Nobody will be scared of you, especially not if you play Bowser.

Chief Hotsuin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blue-Rob
3DS FC
3411-3937-1436
As an ex-Bowser main myself, I can tell you confidently that this is not how this works. People will see you playing a low tier and think you suck, or that you are sandbagging or whatever. Nobody will be scared of you, especially not if you play Bowser.
Oh.

Sorry for wasting everybody's time then.

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
Don't feel bad about it lmao, I'm just telling it like it is
He speaks the truth. Nobody is afraid of low tier mains. Sorry, Pichu/Roy/Bowser/Ganon/Etc mains, but nobody expects you to win, and you have a lot of work to do if you want respect.

MurphyPrime

Smash Journeyman
Ganon they might be a bit, but it depends on the main. Some just want to play you cause they think it will be fun. I'd love to face a Roy main cause I've never seen one and I love playing as Roy.

Synnett

Alligator Lord

I hate her so much.
Omg... I'm a Bowser main and I'd never say that. Geez what a jerk.

Oh.

Sorry for wasting everybody's time then.
No worries man lol. Actually, I don't mind playing those top tiers, it practices my skills and all. It's just the way they approach me. It's like if you are playing soccer with your friend in the park, you are in the net and your friend is about to kick, Lionel Messi comes, tackle your friend, kick the ball in the net then leave. All without saying a word. I mean, I'll play with anybody as long as they ask. Some went as far as to unplug someone's controller. Dude just ask wtfff

Nomis4

Smash Cadet
I ****ing hate when people play campy when they're losing. Like dude, you don't have any ****ing right to camp the ledge when you're down 2 stocks. Git gud.

Last edited:

LonerCrisis

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sparkyysheep

They aren't scared they realize they can counter-pick against Bowser simply plus to re-imply what J$ said Bowser is low tier and people will think you are bad or,as J$ said, sandbagging so they'll counter-pick and think "oh this will be a quick and easy match."

LonerCrisis

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sparkyysheep
I ****ing hate when people play campy when they're losing. Like dude, you don't have any ****ing right to camp the ledge when you're down 2 stocks. Git gud.
Should've played better don't camp cause you screwed up. I mean people need to learn they're screw ups mid-game or at least after a match and fix them, just don't camp. That's not fun for both parties.

LonerCrisis

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sparkyysheep
Should've played better don't camp cause you screwed up. I mean people need to learn they're screw ups mid-game or at least after a match and fix them, just don't camp. That's not fun for both parties.
But campy play styles are normal.
Also see: Chudat

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I for one don't mind camping. It has its place, and shouldn't be something you do all the time by any means, but it can be what gets you the win in many cases. And some MUs can become significantly better for you if you camp, so if you play to win I see no reason not to.

Also watch your triple posts, you can get an infraction for that.

Last edited:

Xxaz_v

Smash Cadet
I hate it when people don't respect people that have been playing the game much longer. Most of the time these players think they are gods, but in reality they are god awful. They get wins by kicking a man while they are down.

GenNyan

Smash Ace

I main falco, but I sometimes play puff in friendlies, and whenever I pick her everybody instantly changes their character to fox. It doesn't really piss me off, but yeah... I'd definitely like to play more than one MU with my puff, haha. And the irony is that most of the time they do worse as fox than if they had just used their normal character because they don't know how to avoid easy rest setups.

LonerCrisis

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sparkyysheep
I hate it when people don't respect people that have been playing the game much longer. Most of the time these players think they are gods, but in reality they are god awful. They get wins by kicking a man while they are down.
Chillindude's dis rap more like Chillindude's dis crap, amirite? HAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHendmeAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa

Oldiz

Smash Apprentice
Technically, the most annoying thing is when I don't manage to play my best, as I am a player myself.

jaymes

Smash Rookie
I get really mad when someone pops off when they win against me. I would respect it if it was a very close set, or they worked really hard, but at my schools tournament, i am the number 1 in my school, and the one day the number two in the school 2 - 0s me (I played like ****e though, no johns) He just pops off as loud as possible, and I think that just upsets me.

Top Bottom