• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do I need to learn to become pro

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
What tatics do I need to learn in ordre to become a pro Wolf?

I already know Scaring and Ledge Canceling.

I don't know how to illusion cancel.

Is there anyting else I need to know?

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
Well no one is a pro yet but things you should practice are....

canceling the lag on his fair

work on illusion canceling

master his bair

work on his recovery

fight alot of people

DAKMASTER

Smash Apprentice
illusion cancelling is (for me) pressing b right as as wolf enters illusion and it cancels.

you need to know combos, alot of combos. Fight as many real people as you can (bots are teh_ghey).

go to ttournaments such as the PLay n Trade ones. GO to smashfests.

Watch videos and steal from other people wolf techs.

post less play more ;)

BlackYoshi7

Smash Apprentice
Illusion Cancelling is sporadic and probably the least useful Wolf "at". Just practice a lot. There just aren't a lot of "advanced techniques" in Brawl you really need to master, so what is important is spacing and mind games, and understanding those.

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
has anyone found consistent use for illusion cancelling? (other than recovery) or up tilt?
If you are recovering and you don't cancel there's a good chance you opponent will run up and grab you.(it you don't target the ledge) The cancel makes him slide so you usually have a less chance of getting punished. Other than that the only other use maybe mindgames:confused:?

Oxega

Smash Rookie
Any approaches for Wolf. I tried his nair to grab on my bro, but he keeps shieldgrabbing me so can you tell me some approaches. Thanks

Top Bottom