• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Do I Need To Know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hipponox

Smash Rookie
k im really new to the competitive scene and i just wanted to know what i must know in order to be a good captain falcon player. any help would be greatly appreciated! it really doesn't matter what you post. if it will help in any way whatsoever, post it. :psycho:

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
first you must learn spacing. is a must. use a lot of falcon aerials. jab cancel. time the knee. and know when to use the falcon punch. most of the time you have to be patient. if you play aggressive you will fail. you have to be pseudo aggressive. and you shall be good. but if you want an easy win. dont main falcon. falcon is a character that takes ton of practice.

Prawn

Smash Master
Yeah if you want to be competitive then choose a different character. If you take a look at the tier list you should see who is viable in tournament play and who isn't. It's a sad reality that C.Falc sucks in this game :(

Psychoace

Smash Champion
While this may be true that using him will hinder you always remember the great Taj (mewto)

Grab releases are your friend. Don't forget to gimp.

hipponox

Smash Rookie
wow. thanks on all the responses so far! well then. since captian is a bad choice, who should i try to main out of pikachu, ness, lucario, marth, or ike? Me and my friends came up with that list. Since playing the most badass character (captain- he is, dont deny it) is a bad choice who should i focus on? Just looking for opinions here. WHO WOULD YOU PICK out of those? and give me reasons why. Again- any help appreciated! : )

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Lol@Falcon boards, telling newcomers to go play someone else.
Playing Falcon competitively is clearly a bad idea if you're not totally dedicated to the character.

But if you feel like Falcon has to be your main then go ahead and main him. You just have to not be discouraged by losing, cause you'll lose a lot when learning to play Falcon, a BIG lot.

PS : to answer the question, beside Falcon I'd choose pikachu, because he's the most annoying thing in the world (+spammy projectile+chain grab+good moves).

Player-3

Smash Hero
if you play falcon it makes you a better player

dead serious, playing falcon in tournys made me SO much better

you rely sooo much on reads and stuff

Player-3

Smash Hero
that too
i do that now i play marth very well, if i played brawl seriosuly anymore i could prolly be top 5 in my state fairly easily lololol

it took me playing falcon seriously to stop my mental block though

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
If you play Falcon you'll get better as a player alot quicker then you would from using most other chars, because you'll lose more, and you always learn more from people better than you than one's that are worse. You'll also have to learn how to properly space, bait, and punish etc. because your character is so bad.

But you shouldn't get discouraged from him because he's bad though, make your goal to be a good CF, not just someone who places well in tourneys, you can still be a respected player even if you don't place well because people will acknowledge you're good, just using a bad character.

For example Reflex, who is the number one Pokemon Trainer, only got around 50th at massive national tourney, yet everyone still knows he's a freak at this game.

Plus, there is nothing better in this game than landing the Sacred Combo (good luck landing that though).

hipponox

Smash Rookie
o i know. i dont care at all about losing. I do it all the time already. I like the idea of learning him to get better overall though. I think ill learn him and then move on to another character later. Thanks alot for all the responses!

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Just read up on the stickies and ask a question if you need anything else in the Q&A thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom