• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do I do?

Liewyel

Smash Apprentice
How to win, how they're playing, what you can do to stop them and what you can do to beat them.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
What are they doing? How can I counter it? Prediction is essential also because it keeps you a step ahead of them.

Sandwich

Smash Ace
Your mind, essentially, should be a big ol' analytical screen like in them Forza Motorspot games when you press the d-pad.
What you're opponent's doing, what you're doing, character damage, mindgames, teching, ATs, and what's for lunch. All in a split second.

azianraven

Smash Journeyman
make sure your thoughts are clear and that you know EXACTLY what you are doing.

If you are doing something you know is risky or stupid....best not to do it.

Jammer

Smash Lord
Concentrate hard. And concentrate on your opponent, not yourself.

But stay relaxed. Don't get into that mindset where you act irrationally.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Saying "stay concentrated" isn't much help actually (In My Opinion). It's because who actually looks away from the screen for a good amount of time to know you've lost.

Just pay attention to this. How far are you from your opponent. Do you need to move back. You you want to approach. Just keep a space. Because most starters think 100% attack. To make that thought have full effect you need to space yourself for your decision to attack or stay back and camp.

You should usually approach not much of the time. Wait for an opening. If it doesn't come out shoot something (if you can).

The thought is spacing. You can attack well enough if you don't space enough. You can't evade if you can't space.

At least that's what I'm thinking in the middle of a match. Spacing and possibilities

greenblob

Smash Lord
The name of the game is mindgames->combo.

Look for an opening (run around avoiding his attacks while you use your "safe" attacks), and then combo (you need to learn the combos first, obviously).

Smo

Smash Journeyman
Don't get hit :p

attack when you know you can attack ie. when he drops his guard. and getting him to drop his guard is called mindgames.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Saying "stay concentrated" isn't much help actually (In My Opinion). It's because who actually looks away from the screen for a good amount of time to know you've lost.

Just pay attention to this. How far are you from your opponent. Do you need to move back. You you want to approach. Just keep a space. Because most starters think 100% attack. To make that thought have full effect you need to space yourself for your decision to attack or stay back and camp.

You should usually approach not much of the time. Wait for an opening. If it doesn't come out shoot something (if you can).

The thought is spacing. You can attack well enough if you don't space enough. You can't evade if you can't space.

At least that's what I'm thinking in the middle of a match. Spacing and possibilities
From that, it's officially proven (even though it was obvious) that your a kirby main. All you said was pretty much essential for spacing your Kirby. Yes, spacing is important, but what happens if you're not focusing? Say, for example, you're playing in the finals and you're thinking about a brand new video game that was released today and you can't wait to get your paws on it. It won't help. It will keep you sidetracked, and you won't think clearly, you'll probobly not use any good mind games cause your head isn't all the way in the game, and overall, you'll probobly lose. What you said was important, but not nearly as important as staying focused.

I don't mean to be harsh, but that's what I think is important.:)

battousai555

Smash Ace
If you're using captain falcon: How can I sneak in a knee>taunt?
If you're not using captain falcon: Why am I not using captain falcon?

Jammer

Smash Lord
If you're using captain falcon: How can I sneak in a knee>taunt?
If you're not using captain falcon: Why am I not using captain falcon?
Actually, it would be more like "How can I sneak in Falcon Punch > Knee > Taunt".

The other part is correct, though.

Philosophize

Smash Apprentice
Falcon punch to knee isn't a combo...Stomp to knee is, stomp to falcon punch is, but not falcon punch to knee...

Xela

Smash Rookie
hmm i would say in free time practice doing different types of scenerios in your head. Say you run at your opponent, they might roll behind you, they could roll backwards, dodge, attack, sidestep, jump. And if you hit them, how do you link it to different moves.

Not sure if it'll help completely but i do this a hell lot in my sleep but normally forget them when i wake up.

BrandonOwnageking

Smash Journeyman
focus on u first make sure everthing is running smothly mentaly and physically. Then focus on ur opponents game, figure out there game play and stuff.

Jammer

Smash Lord
Lol. That's godly. Still not falcon punch to knee though. >.>
You're right. What I meant to say was Knee to Falcon Punch, but I switched them.

I was thinking of the Sacred Combo, but I couldn't think of it's name. I just remembered that you could do it.

Zorya

Smash Ace
The best way to put his face into the dirt before he does it to you. Best strategy.

Frogla

Smash Ace
Think of nothing, clear you mind.... Seriously its not Astral Projecting its Smash.

Top Bottom