• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do I do off Falco's upthrow?

Hedgehog_

Smash Cadet
you have to watch your opponents DI. if they DI left or right when you up throw them and dont get hit by lasers you can follow up usually with nair/fair/dair. if they get hit by the up throw lasers and dont di the lasers you can follow up on fast fallers. if you think you cant follow up aftr up throw just retreat

Last edited:

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
Uthrow fair traditionally works pretty well on Marth/Peach/Puff (courtesy of PPMD). Sometimes you can do uthrow shine on fast fallers, but it's generally more of a read than a reaction, especially when they start SDIing the lasers. Oftentimes, though, it's gonna be to force your opponent into a bad position. Also, once you've conditioned them to DI a certain way with b/fthrow mixups, you might be able to get them to DI the uthrow offstage, which can pretty easily lead to a quick dair.

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
It's all character and % dependent. On faster falling characters, shine may cover DI that leavers them higher up, then as they go further to the side, fair, then nair. Pivot bair (dash a very short distance) and utilt can cover a wide range of DI on the front end at lower to mid percents. Vs. Fox, DI all the way out (without extra SDI on lasers) can combo into fsmash. If no lasers connect, you can nair dair bair or utilt. As percents rise, you'll have to transition to full hops for some of these (but uthrow sh uair works regardless of lasers connecting if they don't DI too much to the sides). Uthrow ac uair onto a top platform can combo immediately into a utilt or potentially a shine depending on how you hit with it vs characters with middle/low weight fallspeed combinations, like Peach, but can also work vs Marth or Sheik. Uthrow fair on non-fast fallers does absurd damage if all hits connect (fair does 29 damage on its own unstale with all hits connecting), and will probably make your opponent feel extremely demoralized. Uthrow uair, if the lasers connect, can combo at percentages well over 100 if the character is somewhat light. You have to actually cover where they DI to, but it has potential as a KO combo here, and vs faster falling characters, this of course means other aerials can connect.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
Uthrow uair, if the lasers connect, can combo at percentages well over 100 if the character is somewhat light. You have to actually cover where they DI to, but it has potential as a KO combo here
I can vouch for this. I like using uthrow as a mixup vs my bro's Sheik sometimes at higher %s, and if he DIs in cuz he thought I was gonna throw him offstage, I can get uair to connect pretty often. I had no idea how legit it was, which is why I never mentioned it before.

Top Bottom