• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do all you Diddy Kong mains have c-stick set to?

Lylo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chompypy
3DS FC
0490-8557-3079
Smash cause Im lazy to re-learn/adapt

Heart of Ice

Smash Cadet
The c-stick setting isn't as important with Diddy as it is with other characters. I have mine set to smash, so I can get stutterstep F-smashes off more consistently. It also means I can use the instant banana toss technique.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Tilts, it makes some combos easier and it makes tilting easier, as you should be tilting more then smash attacking.

horizons889

Smash Apprentice
Tilts, it makes some combos easier and it makes tilting easier, as you should be tilting more then smash attacking.
Yeah, one of my mains is Fox and using tilt stick helps a lot. I was wondering if it's the same story with Diddy. The guy above says you need to have it set to smash to do the "instant banana toss technique" which I'm not sure what that is, I'm still new to diddy. I just want to make sure tilt stick is fine with Diddy. Do you also do all your aerials with c stick? I mainly use it for up-air or uptilts

Heart of Ice

Smash Cadet
Yeah, one of my mains is Fox and using tilt stick helps a lot. I was wondering if it's the same story with Diddy. The guy above says you need to have it set to smash to do the "instant banana toss technique" which I'm not sure what that is, I'm still new to diddy. I just want to make sure tilt stick is fine with Diddy. Do you also do all your aerials with c stick? I mainly use it for up-air or uptilts
Well, you can still do the "instant banana toss" with the c-stick set to tilts. (If you're wondering about banana techniques, I have a thread here http://smashboards.com/threads/oooo...anana-set-ups-op-updated-combos-added.400375/) I was thinking more about Diddy Kong mains who set the c-stick to special. I just find that it's hard to do tilts anywhere near as fast with the c-stick versus a regular input. Setting the c-stick to tilt isn't a bad option with Sheik though.

Last edited:

Akzomp

Smash Cadet
NNID
AKG_Akzomp
My setup is with tilt. It helps with short-hop U-air fast-falls and is good for if you want to integrate Perfect Pivoting into your playstyle (also good for doing tilts out of Super Crawl). It is also good because D-tilt is a great combo/kill tool. It is much easier to do a walking D-tilt into U-smash (for example) with tilts than manually pressing down and A. Even ZeRo uses tilt C-stick.

Last edited:

horizons889

Smash Apprentice
My setup is with tilt. It helps with short-hop U-air fast-falls and is good for if you want to integrate Perfect Pivoting into your playstyle (also good for doing tilts out of Super Crawl). It is also good because D-tilt is a great combo/kill tool. It is much easier to do a walking D-tilt into U-smash (for example) with tilts than manually pressing down and A. Even ZeRo uses tilt C-stick.
Zero has his c-stick set to tilts not smash? O_O I was not aware of this.

WatchfulComa24

Smash Cadet
NNID
rce2002
My c-tilt is set to smash because it's just easier to do d-tilt to u-smash and JCIT banana into forward smash or down tilt into u-smash

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Tilt stick is really really good for Diddy, dtilts are important. Walking dtilt, IPC dtilt, roll to dtilt, foxtrot or shield flicker to dtilt, all of these things without crouching beforehand to telegraph the move. Utilt is also a really good button at high percentages (frame 5, kills, decent range) so it's nice to have that easily accessible.

(banana into) Dtilt leads into usmash, grab, fair and bair, as long as you're capable of jump-cancel upsmashing consistently then tilt stick makes these things easier. It also means you can buffer short hop rising uairs, which is pretty cool. The single downside of tilt stick is that it makes banana stutter step fsmash a bit harder, but it's still doable (I get it more often than not). I highly recommend it.

We actually have this thread to discuss controller mapping but the boards are kinda dead so I don't blame you for missing it.

Top Bottom