• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS What Didn't Make it to the Final 3DS Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

loslobos

Smash Cadet
Alright, I have a friend who lives in Japan and got the game. She went through the rom/iso (whatever its called) of the game and saw what never made it. She still has yet to go through everything, and has yet to actually access some of this stuff. I'll get into what exactly she can't access, but first I'll get into what is on that little cartridge.

- The cut characters were Dixie Kong, Roy, Ice Climbers, Lucas, Toad, Snake, Mewtwo, and Sceptile.

Dixie was the most finished with all completed music/victory themes, and some files believed to be character models. Its estimated Dixie is about 60% complete. The cut reason is unknown.
Roy would have been a fifth Fire Emblem rep and the second Melee/Not Brawl character. Roy is about 40% complete. His reason for being cut was most likey to not have so many FE reps.
Ice Climbers are cut for very obvious reasons. They are about 35% complete but have movesets that cannot be accessed.
Lucas is most likely a placeholder for Ness. He's about 30% complete and there is also some unfinished data for Ness about Lucas and Ninten color swaps.
Toad is also about 30% complete and the only reason I see him being cut for is too many Mario characters. He had victory themes and his Melee render was a placeholder.
Snake is 15% complete and is actually listed as "43". Pretty sure it means Fourth Third party character. I'm pretty sure my friend is pulling my leg, but she says some Bomberman data also exists in here.
Mewtwo/Sceptile is 10% complete and Mewtwo had almost the same data from Brawl. Sceptile has a victory theme.

Beta stages include the names TEST1, TEST2, TESTSYNC, RUNNER, and CPT

Test 1/2 are self explanatory and TESTSYNC is believed to be used for Wii U/3DS connectivity, Runner is Smash Run related, and we don't know what CPT is, it is unaccessable.

Debug Menu was pushed under the rug but is still there.
Some trophies and music tracks were removed.
I'll be back for more.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Interesting, but pics or it didn't happen. BELIEVE

And I think this is the wrong place to post.

Whia

Smash Apprentice
If this is genuine, then hoooooooooly ****. Somehow Mewtwo being abandoned partway through development again is worse than him not being considered at all. That seriously sucks, really, really hard.

Edit: That said, I don't believe this without any/corroborating evidence.

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Yea, not even gonna fall for this bait until proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom