• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What did your first clueless opponent do/say when you first YYGed them?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
It's pretty funny what people do when they just see the YYG in action. Post what you did and said and what they did and said.

I once equipped TJ and my opponent kept trying to dsmash me. He did it over and over again until I walked into him. I was singing "Cant touch this"
He siad WTF!?
And I said "That's why you should play Ness"

Then once, I deathline grabbed my opponent's Shiek (Yes I was using Ness against Shiek). He was in such shock he said "OMG no! How did you just teleport!?"
I didn't teleport... you did.

I still have some of my friends convinced that Ness has a taunt spike and shine. They fear my taunt and PSi Magnet, when in truth, it is just TJ and spike jacket.

technomancer

Smash Champion
"Wait what, why did I just explode off you?"
"I told you smashboards was good for something."

Cuno56

Smash Apprentice
Well, it's a pretty good story. I was playing against my friend's Samus (who isn't very good, hence why I was able to do this) I did a deathline-grab right as he got on the left side of FD at like 200% (stupid bomb jump...) and did an immediate back-throw. He went off the side so fast he thought he just teleported and died. Well, actually...

"WTF? I was on the other side of the stage!"
"YYG."
"WTF is that, you ****ing cheater!" ::runs out of room::

He proceded to hit himself in the head with the door when he tried to open it furiously to exit.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
*YYG to Grab from across the stage*

"What the... Are you cheating, Johnny?" (he calls me Johnny)
"I'm not cheating."
"Aunty, your son is cheating. Johnny, cheaters never win. Cheaters never win!"

I kicked his --- after he bet that he could beat me =D

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
:laugh:
I just went to a school tourney a few days ago and I PKT2 deathlined a guy edgeguarding me. He said "THE HELL!?"
Then he cursed at me, punched me, and said I was an insult to all Ness players everywhere.:chuckle:

Handorin

Smash Hero
Most all of them have yelled, "WHA.T WA.S THA.T?!" So I procede to explain what I did and do more YYG abuse to them to show. =D

Nothing really exciting though >_>

When I first saw it, I had no idea about it and it was a tournament match at INNsomnia II. (Back when I was seminoob XD) He equiped a TJ on battlefield and just laid on the platform...until I decided to attack him and go flying off the stage.

CDorrian

Smash Apprentice
Heh. I did it to my friend using the spike jacket.

His first expression "Woah... you Spike me?" I told him I had just jumped out at him, and he said "You cheat. How come my Ness doesn't do that?"

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
not so cool because my clueless friends are WAY clueless, but after i double jump SJ'd him he said, "you just did an attack. that wasn't a glitch."

noe3

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noe_03
3DS FC
3368-2779-4997
when I did it to one of my friends, sadly, he didnt say anything (and I YYG threw him twice in one match) but he refused to play smash with me for a two weeks after that

Shashin

Smash Apprentice
The funniest one I have, was when I did it to Taj in a friendly

*yyg to thunder jacket*
Taj - You didn't get it!
*Throws Shadow ball*
*clinks*
*he frowns and stays on the other side of FD*
*I laugh*
*he waveshields it*
*I get owned*
*he laughs*

Psi

Smash Cadet
There's nothing more frustrating than a shielded thunder jacket.

Jono

Smash Apprentice
"Stuffed..."
He thought it was an attack...

"HOW'D THAT HIT ME?!" at deathline. :o

dan smith

Smash Champion
Samus player: "What was that?"
Dan Smith: "I dunno...some kind of yo-yo glitch I've been messing around with"
Samus Player: "Looks...kinda...cool?"
Dan Smith: "Nah...so far it's just laaame..." (super embaressed)

I can't remember the guys handle, he was really nice and a pretty good smasher too. A guy from Arizona. I think he placed second in that tourney. (...I didn't place at all)

Corigames

Smash Hero
I love going into a 4 person free for all and doing a deadlind PKT and adding the jacket onto him (just for good messure) all in the same move. The reaction, same as SWDing. WTF?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Glitcher!!!!!!

Top Bottom