• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What did you think of the 3 short Pikmin movies?

the8thark

Smash Lord
As we all know the the three short Pikmin movies are out to buy now. I bought them and watched them.

- The first was much too short in my opinion. It felt like it was Miyamoto testing the waters with animation and seeing if he could do something good.
- The 2nd was longer and had a very nice story. I liked it. The story was nice and showed how the Pikmin live without Olimar around.
- The 3rd movie was the longest. And is my favourite one. You can really see how it relates to the games. And the story here is done very well I thought.

But what do you think of the 3 short Pikmin movies?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I felt sick to my stomach while watching portions of the trailer. What were the story makers thinking when they used a type of vegetable that resembles blood?!

the8thark

Smash Lord
I felt sick to my stomach while watching portions of the trailer. What were the story makers thinking when they used a type of vegetable that resembles blood?!
The video pack include Miyamoto's storyboards and 2 cinema intros. So that idea was Miyamoto's. That's the first video and in my opinion the worst of the 3. It's a nice concept, it works but does not feel like a short movie, just a couple minutes of animation put together. The whole idea of it is you don't know it's a vegetable till the end. A little gruesome sure but why not. Nintendo does not have to stay g rated always. The other 2 videos are nowhere near as dark. They are most more light and fun.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I always wondered how Olimar went 30 days without food in Pikmin 1. Now we know...

ToxicWolf1132

Smash Cadet
NNID
ToxicWolf1132
Those vegetables (called PikPik Carrots) are what Olimar ate during his first trip to the planet. He even mentions in one of his logs how he found it strange that the pikmin look like PikPik carrots, and that's how he came up with the name. Their ships also are called onions because he mentions how they look like the onions used in PikPik carrots. Its also implied that Louie (Olimars companion in the second game) tried eating them at one point

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Enjoyed them!! Got them for free on WiiU with DDP points. Watched them several times with my 5 year old. Really good and I look forward to Nintendo making more of these types of videos.

Gamr_8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer807
I thought they were amazing, and I hope they will make more in the future.

Top Bottom