• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What could a fully realized Ness look like?

Earthboundy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Earthboundy
3DS FC
0173-1290-2436
I feel Ness has a lot of potential considering the jackets and the yo yo glitch. Like how Armada has basically mastered Peach to the point where he claims he has reached the ceiling of that character, what would a Ness look like if someone were to reach his ceiling?

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Ness has plenty of room to grow. More edge cancels, platform dashes, shield dropping, better tilt use, and jab/dtilt reset setups. At least that's how I feel about those two videos. I think Mofo would agree. That Hbox match in particular I think is lacking in a lot, but some of his later ness matches are pretty good.

Last edited:

dan smith

Smash Champion
ness has potential to do amazing things, the problem is that executing it often conflicts with not wanting to be killed. that is where his true ceiling comes in. he is too easy to kill and he isn't good enough at killing. it's like a car with great handling, brakes, fuel consumption, and acceleration that can't drive over 25 miles per hour. technically the car is well made but it's not going to win any races.

that's my personal opinion. the only major complaints i have about his functionality is his recovery and his grab range. everything else can be boiled down to damage output and lethality of moves.

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
Have faith in players to put in the time to fully realize Ness. Amsa went top 8 at Apex with a Yoshi this year. That has to prove to everyone a single thing: the discrepancy between lower and higher tier characters at the current highest level of play may not be as massive as we thought.

I, for one, am happy to explore that option. I also don't feel like that potential will be tapped into through the use of jackets and yyg.

Top Bottom