• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What controls do you use and why?

Abel1994

Smash Lord
I do all the time and the popel who host it usually call me out cuz y name sticks out lol like in whobo and another one my name was

icumonyou xD

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i should really try changing something to attack for DACUS because i often accidentally downsmash when i try to dacus (which is a huge problem with snake, my other main)

other than that I have tap jump off and L set to special to make b-reversals easier

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Pit's dacus isn't even good, but if you need it for Snake then go ahead. I personally have no problems with Snake's Dacus and I don't even use him lol.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
If anyone is having trouble mastering the Wing-Stool Lock, try the control schemes and see if it works for you!

Here are the buttons I use.

Tap Jump- Off
L (Shield)- Jump
X- Special

I set the L button to Jump, so I can guarantee a full hop jump. Also, I changed the X button to special, so I can immediatly press the X button with the thumb after footstooling someone with the Y button.

Hope that helps!

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Not like people still practice that anyway. My x button is already on special though so I can woi oos. I think people should try this more because I find that it cancels some moves if timed correctly. May be a nice parrying strategy for Pit if we jab or dsmash out of it.

Top Bottom