• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What controller do you use?

B-bomb

Smash Rookie
In Project M I use game cube and i thought everyone else did as well but I met this guy my brother works with and he uses classic and has more tech skill than me. so I was just wondering what are your favorite types of controllers, you can list them like this

game cube
nun chuck
classic
Wii mote

I just wanted to know if there is a good amount of people who don't prefer game cube.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Pretty much everyone uses the Gamecube controller. The people who use other controllers are outliers.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anyone who doesn't use sideways Wiimote isn't playing the game as Sakurai intended!

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I switch back and forth between the GameCube controller and the Classic Controller Pro. I'm good with both.

BTW, CCP's are getting kinda hard to find in good condition nowadays. Thank God Nintendo started selling GC controllers again!

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
I play with the smash 4 GameCube controler editon. It's alright can't really compare with the original since i haven't played on it. But I'm planning on playing on the wii mote for the disrespect, once I get good.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I use the Classic Controller. I sometimes use Gamecube if my batteries are dead and I'm just as good (if not better) with it since obviously I played Melee with it for years, but the Classic Controller is more comfortable in my hands.

Progress

Smash Rookie
I never heard of anyone playing Smash with anything but a GameCube controller, besides Smash64. But I use GC, because It just feels right.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
These are the sexiest controllers to play Project M with.

I don't have one yet but I plan to buy one eventually.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
I wish this.

But no for real, I recently just bought the Japan only Emerald controller.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
GameCube controller if I'm playing with friends using my Wii, otherwise Classic Controller Pro and on WiiU usually for crisper visuals (dat upscale yo)

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
I always will use the gamecube controller. Though I do know multiple people that refuse to use anything else other than the sideways wii-mote, and they're all terrible.

Top Bottom