• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What controller did you use for your first time playing Brawl?

GuffMcGufferson

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3869-7120-5996
Back when I didn't know I had GC controllers, (as they were always in my brother's room) I usually resorted to using the Wii Remote and Nunchuk. (I'm surprised I got used to it, as I can't play with it nowadays)

Suzukipot

Actual Mother trash
NNID
em12498
3DS FC
0404-9964-5652
I only had my Wiimote, so I was forced to play with it. I absolutely hated it, which is what made me seek out the classic controller.

Comet Shrine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurinPro
3DS FC
3539-8838-3028
A Wii Remote. Had access to GameCube controllers, never bothered.

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
Greetings everyone as for me when I started brawl out I begin using Wii Remote because is the only controller that I had at the moment then I move out to the game cube controller I considered Wii Remote as a OK controller it have some flaws and disadvantage but not that bad at all my opinion.

Last edited:

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
Started out with the Wii remote and nunchuck. It was OK, but I switched to the classic controller soon after and I've been using that since. Especially the pro controller, it's so good.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Wiimote, and then maybe a week later i realized that GC controllers worked as well.

Never went back to any other controller ever.

Sabre

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
I played with a wii-mote(no nunchuk) for years, I didn't end up getting a gc controller until after I got PM and started going to tournaments.

Thundertron

Smash Rookie
The WiiMote+Nunchuck. When i first played ssb EVER it was Melee and i liked that pad but now on brawl ijust love that configuration and i think it was the best until the Wii U Gamepad.

sijon

Smash Ace
Lol, I had the exact same situation as you dude. Brawl was my first Smash game (learning about melee and GC controllers a bit later) and the only decent controller method I had at the time was the wiimote and nunchuck.

Once I made the switch to the GC controller, I could never play the same with the wiimote and nunchuck. Probably too used to having the c-stick. Although I miss that you can do MK's infinite dimensional cape a lot easier.

Last edited:

Zargasaurus

Smash Apprentice
I play every one of the games with their respective controllers except for SSB4 Wii U which I had no care for, as I already had SSB4 on the 3DS *be aware that I eventually quit SSB4 but I still keep informed*. If I had to play the Wii U, I guess it would be the Wii Remote and Nunchuck just like I use it in SSBB.

Top Bottom