• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What control scheme do you use for Samus?

❤ Nikodemus05

Zero Skill Spamus
NNID
Nikodemus05
3DS FC
3952-7737-9671
I know I use Z for my special, tap jump on, X for grab, B for jump, and C-Stick set to attack. These are all for easier use with Samus, especially having Z as my special is good for B-reverses and getting missles out immediately. Also it kinda helps for fox with SHDL.

Samuch

Smash Cadet
Default. Some might turn tap jump off and use L or R as a jump so they can still OoS easily. ESAM, a really good PM Samus player, also has the X(?...maybe Y) be special. Seems like it would make missile cancels way easier. He said it mostly for his Pikachu, but works well with Samus too. I personally had a hard time hitting the B button when starting out with gamecube controllers.

Last edited:

Orion Prime

Smash Cadet
Tap jump on, L = jump (helps me WD), entire D pad = side taunt (for button mash beam switch), Y = shield (much easier to powershield). I used to use Y = special for missile canceling, but reverted back to B so I can powershield with Y.

Kati

Smash Lord
default. I'm going to see if clawing will allow me to foot stool with the dpad or if I'll eventually have to change my x button.

Lappy

Smash Rookie
I just set c stick to attack that way I can ff nair quicker, or dair without ff more easily. I often think about switching back so that it's consistent with Melee, but I don't know that it bothers me enough.

cisyphus

Smash Ace
Default controls, but turn up and down taunts OFF for those rare moments I need to switch beams. I roll my thumb over both jump buttons to missile cancel on battlefield platforms so I need both the buttons available.

Jamble

Smash Apprentice
I play with the classic controller, and this setup has worked amazingly for me.
-Map L to jump
-Y is grab
-X is side taunt for convenient beam switching

I find that L > Y is easier for zairing to me since the zL and zR buttons feel unnatural to reach (I have relatively small hands, part of why I use a classic), and using the shoulder buttons together for wavedashing was really really easy to build muscle memory on. Also looks like I'm not the only one that sets my side taunt to X for convenient beam switching haha.

Though looking at it, I might try Y for a shield button too. I tend to switch between my d-pad and y to switch beams anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom