• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What color MM do you rock and why?

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Each color was inspired by the weapons in his moveset. Can't get more inspired than that.

jr22

Smash Apprentice
I default because I only used mega buster when I played Mega man. I still do today.

Dyz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyz-89
3DS FC
1950-9945-5854
Green/White Leaf Shield for me, this is the color i usually use and not because of the weapons related in his games, but because its the only green color i like, (greens my favorite color btw) since i dont like the Green/Yellow one, like others have said it looks like candy hehe

when i feel like i used Green for to long i switch to regular Blue bomber colors, which is just as equally as awesome to me

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Brown/Yellow, the Metal Blade color from Mega Man 2.

1. Metal Man, the robot the weapon you get the weapon from, happens to be one of my favorite robot masters (besides being an easy boss fight).
2. Normally, I hate the color Yellow, but for some reason I think it looks good on MM.
3. Metal Blade is my favorite weapon in MM2, even though it makes the game so easy.

I also like to use the Light Blue/White color of the Air Shooter, also from MM2 whenever I use the Yellow one too much. Same reasons as the other, I like Air Man and his weapon is the most fun to use for me personally.

D

Deleted member

I usually go either go for the classic suit, Leaf Shield suit or Air Shooter suit.

Empulsion

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1693-3325-3015
Light blue. I just like the white as well. And his death animation is still the classic blue circles. Brown looks cool, reminds me like he is wearing a coat because of the colour combination. But I don't like the yellowish circle death so its a sometimes thing.

8-Bit Brawler

Smash Rookie
white / blue, cos it looks good, or green / yellow as im an aussie and our sporting teams dress in those colours.

i think many of the aletrnate characters colours are poor.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I usually stick with Blue and Cyan, the Classic. Can't deny that it looks awesome. But I also like the Red/Yellow color alot too. You see it alot in the classic series, usually for Fire Weapons. Actually, I like all of his colors a fair bit. I'm kind of surprised he doesn't have a purple color though.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
For clarification:

Thunder Beam

Top Spin:

I don't know if the Top Spin is supposed to be purple like that, but there you go.

I know he uses the Air Shooter in Smash as well as the Skull Barrier, but plenty of special weapons use this color, both old and new. I doubt it matters much what one calls this color. The same can be said for other colors.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Here is a chart I found for clarification:
Air Shooter is dark blue, Gemini Laser is light blue, like the costume. It's already been established that Thunder Beam is black and yellow, again, like the costume. Top Spin is black and purple.

D

Deleted member

Air Shooter is dark blue, Gemini Laser is light blue, like the costume. It's already been established that Thunder Beam is black and yellow, again, like the costume. Top Spin is black and purple.
Now you're just in denial.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I think all of the colors given to Mega Man in this game are based off of the abilities he has in this game. But if this is true, then there are a few errors. Unless Carry Mega Man is apart of the Rush Coil ability, this one has white hemming on the arms and leg parts that separate each joint, which is what Carry Mega Man has, while the others appear to have yellow. Magnet Mega Man has black joints.

The Air Shooter Mega Man seems plausible when it comes to the look in the NES version. Of course, the problem with the Air Shooter Mega Man is that the art doesn't match with the light blue. Gemini Mega Man comes closer, but the yellow joints on that one are missing. And when you look at Jewel Satellite Mega Man, it matches with the light blue and white color scheme in the game. But there is the Skull Barrier ability in this game, and Skull Barrier Mega Man has the same colors, minus the yellow joints. I can't really say anything about Top Spin Mega Man. I'd have to look deeper into that. There is the possibility of Elec Mega Man.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I think all of the colors given to Mega Man in this game are based off of the abilities he has in this game. But if this is true, then there are a few errors. Unless Carry Mega Man is apart of the Rush Coil ability, this one has white hemming on the arms and leg parts that separate each joint, which is what Carry Mega Man has, while the others appear to have yellow. Magnet Mega Man has black joints.

The Air Shooter Mega Man seems plausible when it comes to the look in the NES version. Of course, the problem with the Air Shooter Mega Man is that the art doesn't match with the light blue. Gemini Mega Man comes closer, but the yellow joints on that one are missing. And when you look at Jewel Satellite Mega Man, it matches with the light blue and white color scheme in the game. But there is the Skull Barrier ability in this game, and Skull Barrier Mega Man has the same colors, minus the yellow joints. I can't really say anything about Top Spin Mega Man. I'd have to look deeper into that. There is the possibility of Elec Mega Man.

It's definitely Thunder Beam Mega Man, the colors match exactly.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Problem is that the sprite colors in the game don't quite match with the official art colors.
Top Spin in Mega Man 3 was more of a Grey on yellowish grey color:

But official art always seems to differ from that:

Heck, when I first saw Smash 4's coloration for that, I thought it was Flash Bomb from Mega Man 8:

Because even Mega Man 1's Thunder Beam color wasn't quite as rich as what I first saw:

Flame Blast turnes Mega Man a salmon color:

Which is why I think his red/yellow is actually Flame Sword:

Which is near, if not completely, identical to MM2's Atomic Fire (and many other fire weapons):

His light blue is definitely Air Shooter as Skull Barrier is Light Blue on Cyan:

Versus Air Shooter which uses a darker blue on white:

Gemini Laser is a lighter blue than that but still has white:

All of his costume colors are based on his default weapons in Smash 4.
Normal, Rush, Leaf Shield (with yellow joints added), Metal Blade, Air Shooter (with yellow joints added), Slash Claw, Flame Sword, and a weird Top Spin.

I've done some sprite work for an independent Mega Man game...so I get to be picky about this stuff.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Problem is that the sprite colors in the game don't quite match with the official art colors.
Top Spin in Mega Man 3 was more of a Grey on yellowish grey color:

But official art always seems to differ from that:

Heck, when I first saw Smash 4's coloration for that, I thought it was Flash Bomb from Mega Man 8:

Because even Mega Man 1's Thunder Beam color wasn't quite as rich as what I first saw:

Flame Blast turnes Mega Man a salmon color:

Which is why I think his red/yellow is actually Flame Sword:

Which is near, if not completely, identical to MM2's Atomic Fire (and many other fire weapons):

His light blue is definitely Air Shooter as Skull Barrier is Light Blue on Cyan:

Versus Air Shooter which uses a darker blue on white:

Gemini Laser is a lighter blue than that but still has white:

All of his costume colors are based on his default weapons in Smash 4.
Normal, Rush, Leaf Shield (with yellow joints added), Metal Blade, Air Shooter (with yellow joints added), Slash Claw, Flame Sword, and a weird Top Spin.

I've done some sprite work for an independent Mega Man game...so I get to be picky about this stuff.
I'd trust the official art before sprites because the official art was hand drawn by somebody who helped create the design, vs an 8-bit sprite with very obvious technical limitations. I guess it depends on which you would count as an official source, but I'd say official art above all else, so it's Thunder Beam and Gemini Laser. If you wanna go by sprites I guess I'd be something different. It doesn't look like there's an exact match for the light blue costume so that's best left undecided, but that black and yellow is without a shadow of a doubt, Thunder Beam.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I'd trust the official art before sprites because the official art was hand drawn by somebody who helped create the design, vs an 8-bit sprite with very obvious technical limitations. I guess it depends on which you would count as an official source, but I'd say official art above all else, so it's Thunder Beam and Gemini Laser. If you wanna go by sprites I guess I'd be something different. It doesn't look like there's an exact match for the light blue costume so that's best left undecided, but that black and yellow is without a shadow of a doubt, Thunder Beam.
Like I said before, it doesn't matter much what special weapons people refer to those colors as. There's no right or wrong answer here, just whatever special weapon that comes to mind first.

D

Deleted member

Like I said before, it doesn't matter much what special weapons people refer to those colors as. There's no right or wrong answer here, just whatever special weapon that comes to mind first.
I think they are intended to be based on his moveset but like what you said, people can think whatever they want about it.

NewZen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NewZen41
Green and White.

Gotta rock Hyper Bomb, Leaf Shield, Search Snake, Centaur Flash, Gyro Attack, and Copy Vision all day, every day, son.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Here's my list of what I use when I rock the Blue Bomber:
(most used due to brown being my favorite color)

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
It's a weapon in Mega Man & Bass, it creates a temporary clone of you that attacks.
Ah, ok, that makes sense. I'm familiar with the Mega Man X variants, Soul Body/Twin Dream. I have yet to play Mega Man & Bass, though I'm hoping Nintendo will get it on the Wii U soon.

D

Deleted member

Ah, ok, that makes sense. I'm familiar with the Mega Man X variants, Soul Body/Twin Dream. I have yet to play Mega Man & Bass, though I'm hoping Nintendo will get it on the Wii U soon.
It's actually not like Soul Body that much. Instead of following you around, it remains idle and instead of doing damage upon contact, it will fire projectiles.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
It's actually not like Soul Body that much. Instead of following you around, it remains idle and instead of doing damage upon contact, it will fire projectiles.
Maybe, but from that description you gave, Zero's Twin Dream is more like that, with the copy attacking in tandem with Zero's attacks instead of just doing contact damage. Although, X's Soul Body can attack if the weapon is charged, though you still have to control it manually.

Top Bottom