• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What color is your Charizard?

Favorite Zard color?

• Standard orange

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Red

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Green

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Grayish pink

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Gold

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Light blue

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Dark blue

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Purple

Votes: 7 9.7%

• Total voters

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
Charizard has a very strange array of colors to choose from, and even though there are 7 alternates, none are his shiny coloring? Why? However, that aside, what is your favorite color of dragon and why do you like it?

Personally, I love the green skin just because my favorite pokemon is flygon, so I can pretend that I'm playing with flygon (more immersive if customs are on and I'm using dragon rush since flygon can't learn flare blitz).

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I enjoy any green palettes. However, Dark Blue palette gives me a certain vibe that Dark Blue Charizard is secretly a Golbat with the wings & all.

Lyserdon

Smash Cadet
NNID
420BlitzIt
I think red, blue, green, grey, and purple all look fantastic. I briefly settled on Charmeleon Red but I switched to green when I picked my tag for, uh, reasons.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Of the colors available, I favor Dark Blue the most. I picked blue because it's my favorite color. However if I were to be totally honest, my eyes for some reason feel blue is one of the lesser appealing colors. It looks sorta unnatural or not as crisp as the other colors. Though, I've been using blue for so long it kinda throws me off when I'm not blue Charizard. If I were to pick a different color to switch to maybe, it would be either default orange or green.

Furret24

Smash Master
Green, because I always seem to choose the green alt for characters.

Sickzard rules.

ggamer77

Smash Cadet
NNID
ggamer77
It's all about that gold Zard.
Original color is probably my second favorite.

Shadow7474

Smash Rookie
I think you have it set as light blue, but I go with the white Charizard as a call out to blue eyes white dragon. My second favorite is red b/c red is my favorite color and I always say that Charizard is using Kaio-Ken when I use the red skin.

Last edited:

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
I think you have it set as light blue, but I go with the white Charizard as a call out to blue eyes white dragon. My second favorite is red b/c red is my favorite color and I always say that Charizard is using Kaio-Ken when I use the red skin.
I think that the most white skin is the grayish pink skin. I didn't really know what to call it, because it had color, but it was pretty faint so I called it grayish pink. At least, it looks that way on the 3DS version. Not sure what it looks like on Wii U

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'd say to not confuse people, it should just be WhiteZard.

I see OrangeZard(BestZard), RedZard, GreenZard, PinkZard, GoldZard, WhiteZard (it's clearly not Light Blue in my eyes), BlueZard, and PurpleZard (ShinyZard).

My favorite is the default, classic, OrangeZard.

SnowmanEX711

Smash Cadet
Umm, I think you mean White for Light Blue (that's how I see it).

But anyways, I normally go for his Default Color, Blue in second (cuz it sort of reminds me of his Mega Evolution, just a bit) and Red at third (looks neat)

Seriously, why don't Pokemon have an alt based on their Shiny colors :/.

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
ok, I unfortunately can't change light blue to white in the poll, but just pretend that it says white. I swear it looked like light blue to me. I am colorblind, but only to red-green.

Last edited:

Rathizard

Smash Rookie
A pokeball or a hunter's trap somewhere in SoCal
My personal favorite is the original orange in it's fiery glory. However, when at tournies or feeling serious I have to play with red as per my tag. But now with the Mii Swordsman Rathalos Armour, just what will I do!

Keep playing Charizard, of course.

Godzillionaire

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Crit-Hit
3DS FC
3797-7329-5972
All of them look cool, but my favorite has got to be red. Nothing like beating people with a spicy pepper dragon

Shog

Smash Ace
All of them look cool, but my favorite has got to be red. Nothing like beating people with a spicy pepper dragon
Call him Cherrizard but Pepperzard is also nice name.

Red/Chameleon Fanboys for Win. It simply makes Charizard look more fierce

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
The sliver/White one because Sakurai gave us a a ugly pale pink color instead of the black shiny one. I don''t see the white Zard as a choice in poll.

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
1) Blue
2) Orange
3) White

In that order. I also choose purple from time to time but that's uncommon. I don't really like the rest...

Furfrou

Smash Rookie
Unpopular opinion, but grayish pink/salmon feels the most natural to me, the rest aside from the default orange just looked a bit too dyed for my taste. White one's good too.

D

Deleted member

Red Zard. Always. Red just looks so awesome on him, also used his red alt all the time in Brawl.

Ghostgodzilla

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ghostgodzilla
I choose White Charizard for a special reason, it reminds of a dragon I draw many years ago..... I might as well re-draw it again for nostalgia sake.

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Ever since I saw on smashwiki that Pink Zard is basically PT's blue team color in Brawl, I've been choosing that color. I miss Pokemon trainer - he was my secondary after Snake :'(

Smoking_Hot_BBQ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cvl257
3DS FC
4098-4726-7823
Default Charizard. It looks the most appealing to me, as someone who really enjoyed the pokemon games and the pokemon anime.

SlickJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlickJ95
I like the light blue one. I feel it's not overly saturated, the other ones seem too vibrant for my taste.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I'm not too big on many of Charizard's options, so I play default. I feel like a lot of them don't really fit his more bright persona. For the ones that do, however, I like. I think Default, Yellow, Pink, and White fit Charizard pretty well. The darker colors like Dark Blue, Red, and Purple are fine, but I feel like they're too dark for him. I find Green to just be ugly.

Last edited:

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
I've always just use the normal ones, huge Pokemn fan so the other colors kinda make him look funny. If there was a shiny skin I'd probably use that though.

Top Bottom