• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Color do you use and why?

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
This might be a silly question but I wanted to know what color does everyone use when playing and if the color ment anything to them..

I use Yellow and Green because they are on the Jamaican flag, While I know Yellow and Black are the same. This is my own way of busting out Mega Mon =p

Interested to hear what you guys all use

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
I use the standard blue. Red if I play another blue megs. The nostalgic blue reminds me of my childhood and I can't be the blue bomber unless I'm blue.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I stick with classic blue because I figure whichever color you go with makes that particular move better, and I use a ton of lemons

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
It depends on my mood. My main color is the classic blue look, but I usually use all the colors when I want to, with my favorite alts being Air Shooter, Rush Coil, and Top Spin.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
I switch between all of them. I tend to use Leaf Shield, Air Shooter, and Metal Blade colors the most. I tend to use Slash Claw and default the least.

Last edited:

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Personally, I keep using the Classic palette whenever I play because I'm a purist. I want to defeat every single Robot Master with the Mega Buster, and I kept the trend living in Sm4sh.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Personally, I keep using the Classic palette whenever I play because I'm a purist. I want to defeat every single Robot Master with the Mega Buster, and I kept the trend living in Sm4sh.
That's some hardcore completionist stuff, right there.

Also i know we had a thread like this already but whatever.

I like to use all of them but my favourite is yellow/green, cause :

1- Is based on slash claw from MM7, the first MM game i owned and completed

2- Kinda resembles my country's flag colors.

Kwinston

Smash Cadet
NNID
KWINSTON
I use the Air Man one because it is my favorite color of blue and I always loved the music on the Air man stage in Mega Man 2

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
Yeah, I thought this was the old topic at first.

I used to switch colors in a specific order; red/white, green/white, blue/white, black/yellow, red/yellow, green/yellow, and back to red/white. hah But now I just stick with red/white cause it matches Rush.

If I'm playing teams I will pick the x/white variant that matches my team color.

Still never going to use the default colors. Just cause.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
I guess I should add here my logic on color choice like I did in the last topic.
The color I pick is based on what "weapon" I think would beat my opponent's character. I.E. I use Top Spin colors vs Sheik because Top Spin is the weapon that beats Shadow Man in MM3. Or Rush color vs Fox/Duck Hunt because they're dogs too.

Or I'll use the color for a weapon that I think a recently defeated opponent would give me. Like Bowser could give red/yellow because he breathes fire or maybe green/yellow because those colors are similar to his skin and shell.

Last edited:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
I like to use most of his colors except for the Orange, and Black Ones, but my personal favorite is the Air Shooter.
  • Blue is my favorite coolor
  • Its based off Air Man's weapon. While his weapon is not very good in MM2 (there are way too many enemies that are immune to it in my experience) Air Man is my favorite Robot Master with some of the best theme songs in all of the games, and he is among the first bosses I have ever faced in the classic series. In this game, Uair is my personal favorite move for Mega Man and I like to use it a lot too.
I also use Default, Leaf Shield, and Rush Coil colors a lot too.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I've probably literally only used the Black & Yellow alt since the time the game released, because Yellow is my favorite color and it's just... my favorite, lol. I like the default and Flame Blast alts too though.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I mainly use his default blue color because I'm not really fancy with using alt colors. If I end up playing another Mega Man like my amiibo, I'll use his red color.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
This is the third one I've seen so far, but whatever.

Air Shooter is my primary color, because sending your opponent to a starry doom with this deceptively powerful move is awesome. And it happens to be my favorite special weapon from MM2.

I occasionally switch to Thunder Beam because I think black/yellow is a pretty sweet looking combo.

How about we mix things up a bit? In addition to your preferred colors that made it into Smash, what colors would you have wanted to see? I think it would've been awesome to see colors like Wheel Cutter, Black Hole Bomb, and Hard Knuckle.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Slash Claw and Air Shooter, and on occasion, Flame Sword.

Still bummed at no Quick Boomerang Pink or BBA/Laser Trident Yellow. lol

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Slash Claw and Air Shooter, and on occasion, Flame Sword.

Still bummed at no Quick Boomerang Pink or BBA/Laser Trident Yellow. lol
The laser Trident is my all-time favorite special weapon from the classics, but I was never too fond of the light blue/yellow.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Air Shooter variant - I just love the light blue and white colour scheme. I'd love to make a custom amiibo with that variant one day.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
How about we mix things up a bit? In addition to your preferred colors that made it into Smash, what colors would you have wanted to see? I think it would've been awesome to see colors like Wheel Cutter, Black Hole Bomb, and Hard Knuckle.
I wanted a purple color of some sort.
Like Time Stopper/Shadow Blade

Flash Stopper

Black Hole Bomb
to reference his Final Smash would have been neat too.

Hard Knuckle

So many colors I wanted to see :(

Reds94

Smash Cadet
I always use classic blue when playing 1v1's or alone but if I'm playing with a friend we always try to get matching colors and we tend to go with white.

SumoBear64

Smash Rookie
NNID
SumoBear64
3DS FC
5215-0927-9697
Normally Brown and Yellow cause my favorite NES game of all time is Mega Man 2 and whenever I play that game I always abuse the metal blade.

If not Brown then I use Light Blue and White cause it means that I beat Air Man, and you don't mess with someone that beat Air Man cause they mean business.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
Metal Blade (Brown/Yellow) so I can get it's broken powers.

If only it would kill Sheik in two hits tho...

Otherwise Hyper Bomb (White Green) because I like the color itself.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Most used to least used:
Classic/Rush
Flame Sword
Air Shooter
Thunder Beam/Metal Blade
Leaf Shield
Slash Claw

Almost never use the Slash Claw palette. A lot of times I just switch about randomly.

As for why... well, Classic is classic. Otherwise just based on what colors I like better (I like red). Maybe I should use the green ones a little more, I dunno.

Last edited:

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Metal Blade (Brown/Yellow) so I can get it's broken powers.

If only it would kill Sheik in two hits tho...

Otherwise Hyper Bomb (White Green) because I like the color itself.
If anything, Top Spin would KO Sheik.

Mr.Metal

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0860-3619-7626
Flare man color scheme since its the closest thing to Zeros color scheme and I don't like the Rush color scheme that much.

Taokaka

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ValooDX
3DS FC
2758-4249-4296
At the start of the game I used slash claw Alt cause green is my favourite colour and slash claw is so good xD, until I saw many were using it. So I started to switch around on all colours, until I used flame blast which my sister loved. I stuck with flame blast ever since. Anyway it also represents my burning desire to get better. So I need three oil changes a day to get that flame man energy.

DRU192

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DRU192
Brown/Yellow I refer to it as the "banoffee" alt. I love it!

Yojimbosan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yojimbosan
Green and white. Aside from it being my favorite color, it reminds me to use the leaf shield more often.

SnowmanEX711

Smash Cadet
My top three are
1) Standard (I feel he looks best in his standard)
2) Leaf Shield/Green & White (Mainly cause Wood Man is one of my favorite Robot Masters)
3) Flame Sword/Red & Orange (IDK, It looks neat)

PlatFleece

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5343-9147-1657
I either use classic blue, but when I'm losing and I'm in my last game I use Metal Man's color, because I feel this symbolizes the Metal Blade's power in Megaman 2, and I want that power for that awesome comeback moment

ShiroSSB

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sycho-Ashura777
3DS FC
5026-4570-3155
I use Air shooter. I really like it compared to the others. I rarely use his Original costume sometimes.

MegaMeme

Smash Rookie
I use Air Shooter because light blue is my favorite color and Top Spin because it likes like one of Mega Man's electric copy abilities, which sadly get no representation.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
The Top Spin color is basically the same as the color for both Thunder Beam (Elec Man) and Thunder Wool (Sheep Man). The in-game sprites for those two are both dark grey and yellow, although the palette doesn't match the exact shades. They're both portrayed as pretty close to the palette in associated artwork though.

While the artwork and "get weapon" sequence shows Mega Man as dark grey and yellow for Top Spin, the gameplay sprite for Top Spin is actually all grey, so you could argue it actually matches the two electric weapons better than Top Spin.

Maybe if they had made Mega's slide attack be Charge Kick instead, we would've gotten the Charge Kick/Spark Shock orange creamsicle palette...

Top Bottom