• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What chars fit my playstyle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriffHR

Smash Apprentice
So I'm entering a local smash scene soon and I wanted help finding a good main to either go with or replace my Mario. I'm looking for a character that has a kill throw or lethal throw combo, a relatively easy to hit spike (ex: Mario, DK), and has a good combo game but doesn't rely on footstools or locks. does anybody know of a character that fits this?

TriffHR

Smash Apprentice
That really isn't a good excuse. Anyways the edit button should be in the same place even if you are on a phone.
look.. are you going to respond to my question or argue with me about how I didn't edit my text of a different post

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
Lucas maybe?

Dude's back throw is super powerful. He has a ton of things that combo out of down-throw. His bair spikes, his dair sort-of also does but is far weaker, so you kinda have two options for sending people downwards offstage.

TriffHR

Smash Apprentice
Lucas maybe?

Dude's back throw is super powerful. He has a ton of things that combo out of down-throw. His bair spikes, his dair sort-of also does but is far weaker, so you kinda have two options for sending people downwards offstage.
I was thinking about playing Lucas for a while but ultimately I decided against it due to his questionable recovery and heavy use of lock combos in competitive play. thanks for your insight though.

goose32

Smash Cadet
What about Ike? D-throw can kill at high percent and if it isn't stale, and you can also combo into U-throw / Fair on a good amount of the cast at lethal percent.

Has a solid combo game, and plenty of kill options. Dair is a very powerful spike, though it isn't very easy to hit with. He has other powerful edgeguarding options in fair and eruption, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom