• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What characters play similar to Peach

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
I've mained Peach for most of my Smash 4 career, but I know I won't do well if I'm only good at one character. Every time I try to play another character I always go back to Peach because of how different they feel to me. I know I could just leave my comfort zone and try out different characters that are nothing like Peach, but I would rather slowly ease out of my comfort zone and stick with characters that I would feel comfortable with.

Many other characters have their own group of characters with similar play-styles and characteristics such as:
- :4drmario: :4mario: :4luigi: :4miibrawl: .
- :4lucina: :4marth: :4feroy: .
- :4tlink: :4link: :4miisword: .
- :4falco: :4fox: :4miigun: .
- :4ganondorf: :4falcon: :4miibrawl: .
- :4ness: :4lucas: .
- :4myfriends: :4miisword: .
- :4littlemac: :4miibrawl: .
- :4lucario: :4mewtwo: .
- :4samus: :4miigun: :4megaman: .
- :4jigglypuff: :4kirby: .
- :4sheik: :4zss: .
- there are many more.
Sadly, Peach doesn't have any clones, semi-clones, or even Characters with extremely similar traits to speak of.

What I want to know is if there are any characters that are similar enough to Peach that a Peach main could easily adapt to. Aside from the more basic universal default smash moves, these Peach characteristics and traits include, but are not limited to:
- Lightweight/ floaty.
- Can temporary float. good horizontal recovery.
- air-oriented play style and attacks.
- Good forward and back air.
- Good up-smash.
- Down-air pummel attack.
- Arc based throwing projectiles (turnips).
- strong dash attack.
- down-tilt attack from a crouch.
- Counter attack (Toad). Note: This isn't that important.
- Shield like up-B recovery attack. (the umbrella can block spikes.)
- good neutral air.
- slow, but strong side B attack that moves your momentum.​

Here are some characters that play similar to Peach:
- Ness :4ness::
Similarities: Lightweight & floaty, Good forward air.​
- Lucas :4lucas::
Similarities: Lightweight & floaty.​
- Toon Link :4tlink::
Similarities: Light weight, Down- B Turnip like bomb projectiles, Decent forward and back air, up-B recovery attack, decent dash attack, Good up-smash, etc.​
- Yoshi :4yoshi::
Similarities: Ark based projectile, Pummel down air, Hold jump flutter similar to peach's floating, Light weight, momentum shifting side B, etc.​
- Mr. Game & Watch :4gaw::
Similarities: Light weight, good up-smash and tilt, acceptable forward air, similar up-B recovery attack, good neutral air, slow but strong side B, good down tilt attack, ark based projectiles.​
- Bowser Jr./Larry/Roy/Wendy/Iggy/Morton/Lemmy/Ludwig :4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::
Similarities: Down B Item that can be thrown like a turnip, Similar basic smash moves.​
- R.O.B. :4rob::
Similarities: Down-B projectile. air combat, down throw, etc.​
- Pac-Man :4pacman::
Similarities: Lightweight-ish, Dair, Projectile, etc.​
- King Dedede :4dedede::
Simillarities: Plays like peach, but with more range.​
-
-
-
Please let me know in the comment's if you know of any characters that are similar to Peach. I will try to list them all above.
Remember: custom special moves, equipment, and Mii Fighters are accepted in order to get the most similar character traits to Peach.

Last edited:

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
ROB may do good. He has an item, his aerials are all pretty good, he can be deceptive with the recovery. He's a bit heavier and much bigger than Peach though.

Other than him, I managed to transition to PacMan with ease (I was coming from a Brawl Peach played solo throughout 2008-10).
His projectile is WAAAY better than Peach's (it's arguably the best in the game), & all of it's variants can be used as an item. All of of his aerials are great EXCEPT his Dair (It's visually similar to Peach's, but it's nowhere near as good). His jumps are very floaty too.

PeachBooty

Smash Apprentice
Ness has always felt somewhat similar to Peach. He's my 64 main, and I seconded him in Brawl at one point. However, he's an absolute *** in Smash 4. He fits all the annoying archetypes in fighting games; cheap, easy to use, OP, annoying to play against, and not fun to play as at all.

However, I did try Lucas once, and he wasn't nearly as dumb as I thought he would be. So, you could give him a try.

I second Bowser Jr. because he's so fun to play as. As far as similarities with Peach... let's see here... Down B projectile, fast side B that you can follow up with, great horizontal recovery, great Dtilt, good dash attack, good Nair, decent Bair (not as good as Peach's), decent Up Smash, worse Dsmash, but better Fsmash, an Up B that can kill early (but in different ways), a similar Dair, and a better juggling Up Air. However, Fair is where it's much worse... and the lack of a kill throw. So, I have much more problems killing with Bowser Jr. than Peach.

Overall, now that I've typed it out, there's way more similarities between these 2 than I thought.

Last edited:

Takehiko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoldedMachi
I've found out that DDD fits to play like peach with more range.

ilysm

sleepy
Peach is honestly one of the most unique and interesting characters in the entire game, and nobody plays quite like her, but if I had to pick someone that comparatively played the most like her I would have to say Ness. Ness has been sort of a Bizarro Peach in pretty much every game—in Melee Peach was actually kind of a better version of Ness, with all the same good attributes but better range, recovery, projectile, neutral, everything. Both of them have excellent aerials—Ness is worse on the ground than Peach but his short hop makes up for it. Both have a projectile that leads into a lot, but Ness's is a lot more committal. Both have a pretty good combo game. Both have good movement options, though Ness's consist mostly of jumping while Peach has her advanced float tech. Both have good aerials that are safe on shield. They both...have a pretty similar nair? It also seems like a lot of people on the Peach boards (myself included) either have a secondary Ness or main Ness in another game, which can't be a coincidence (or maybe it can what do I know).

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure absolutely no character plays remotely like her.
I completely agree, but this is a list of what characters are the most similar to Peach. :b:

Peach, unlike other characters, doesn't have an alternate costume of another character (like how the Koopalings are to Bowser Jr.) (Note: Daisy's just a recoloring of Peach), a Clone, or a semi-clone. There aren't even any characters that are less than a semi-clone, but have similar move-sets (like Wolf is to Fox). She's completely unique.

What I would like to find out are what characters are the most similar to Peach's move set. :b:
Characters like Ness, Lucas, and Toon Link are good examples because of how similar there move set, physics, and play styles are to Peach.

gunwhales

Smash Rookie
NNID
gunwhales
I'm actually exploring Peach at the moment because she excels at a lot of what I really enjoy about D3, heavy pressure, traps, and creativity with projectiles. Also, going by the OP's criteria, his up-b has superarmor until the apex of the jump, and for what it's worth you can influence what direction your character goes during his side-b. Unlike D3, however, she has mixups and combos out the yinyang, so I'm looking forward to attempting to learn her.

Top Bottom