• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Characters Do You Want Out Of SSB4?

Are you satisfied with the SSB4 roster?

• No - I am disappointed with the majority of characters

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tru.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Are there just those characters in SSB4 that get on your nerves just seeing them, or make you contemplate why they're even in the game in the first place? For me, those characters are Little Mac and Wario. I had no idea Little Mac existed before they were announced, and Wario seems like a "just there" character to me. Personally, I am really unsatisfied with 50% of the newcomers in SSB4, so hopefully the future DLC characters are promising. What do you think?

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I have my doubts there will be future dlc characters. Sakurai sounds tired of the game, and probably won't want to think about again for a long while once Mewtwo is finished.

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
Little Mac is a character that should've been there since the first game. He's a boxer. Boxer's fight. It's a fighting game.
The character I think is just stupid in general is Sheik. Personally, I would've kept Sheik and Zelda the same character.

D

Deleted member

Mario. That way, Dr. Mario would no longer be a clone :troll:

AK47Productions

Smash Rookie
I absolutely can't stand the fact that Dr. Mario got in because he seems like an honest waste of a character spot due to what an absolute clone he is. He's barely changed from Melee. I'm also not a fan of Toon Link, Dark Pit, and Lucina though I do admit that there is potential for the three by giving Toon Link and Dark Pit a new moveset while Lucina becomes an alt for Marth the same way Wendy Koopa is an alt for Bowser Jr.

KGgames

Smash Cadet
NNID
MitsySueG24
The three clones need to be out. They obviously could have been character costumes instead.

tru.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I absolutely can't stand the fact that Dr. Mario got in because he seems like an honest waste of a character spot due to what an absolute clone he is. He's barely changed from Melee. I'm also not a fan of Toon Link, Dark Pit, and Lucina though I do admit that there is potential for the three by giving Toon Link and Dark Pit a new moveset while Lucina becomes an alt for Marth the same way Wendy Koopa is an alt for Bowser Jr.
I agree with you, at least Dark Pit and Toon Link are somewhat different. Lucina, though, should have been an alternate costume, similar to the Robins: male and female. I don't mind the Bowser Jr. costumes, partly because their stats and moves do not change at all, so there is no ambiguity between their performance in battle.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Do we really need another thread like this?

Can't we just accept people's happiness instead of trying to compromise it or criticise their favourite characters?

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Jigglypuff and Charizard have no buisiness repping Pokemon in Smash. Lucina shouldn't have goten in over Chrom. And Dr. Mario and Shiek should have stayed in Melee. Thats my 2 cents

tru.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Do we really need another thread like this?

Can't we just accept people's happiness instead of trying to compromise it or criticise their favourite characters?
I totally see what you're saying, but not everyone is going to have the same opinion as someone else in reality. I think to some extent people can use this post and decipher what characters they think are/are not useful in battle, and have reasons why.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I totally see what you're saying, but not everyone is going to have the same opinion as someone else in reality. I think to some extent people can use this post and decipher what characters they think are/are not useful in battle, and have reasons why.
I respect that, but I don't think the thesis statement of this thread highlights that intention. It just sounds yet another "I dun liek thing so thing shud not be in Smoosh" thread.

If it was something along the lines of "critique X character and tell us how you think they could be improved", I'd be right there in your corner. Just a friendly note from a casual observer. :3

tru.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I respect that, but I don't think the thesis statement of this thread highlights that intention. It just sounds yet another "I dun liek thing so thing shud not be in Smoosh" thread.

If it was something along the lines of "critique X character and tell us how you think they could be improved", I'd be right there in your corner. Just a friendly note from a casual observer. :3
Yeah, no worries! Next time I make a post similar I will think about how my post title can be interpreted to avoid conflict. To clarify, I wasn't trying to be one of those people who complain about every thing they don't like in Smash, but I can see your perspective. By the way, that's a really cool profile pic. Who is that?

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Yeah, no worries! Next time I make a post similar I will think about how my post title can be interpreted to avoid conflict. To clarify, I wasn't trying to be one of those people who complain about every thing they don't like in Smash, but I can see your perspective. By the way, that's a really cool profile pic. Who is that?
Well, your tone is already infinitely better than most others', being totally blunt about it. I can respect that. :3

It's Sakuya Izayoi from Touhou Project. Recall that she is also in my signature a few times~

ITT clone hate. No surprises here.

None because removing characters that other people are fans of is pointless especially because you get nothing in return

Friendly reminder the clones are free characters and only replaced alph. <3

tru.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
ITT clone hate. No surprises here.

None because removing characters that other people are fans of is pointless especially because you get nothing in return

Friendly reminder the clones are free characters and only replaced alph. <3
I wasn't exactly looking for clone hate, but rather specific characters in particular, but I can see where you're coming from. I just dislike the fact that clones weren't made into alternate costumes. That way, we could have had more opportunities to have a more diverse roster in SSB4.

I wasn't exactly looking for clone hate, but rather specific characters in particular, but I can see where you're coming from. I just dislike the fact that clones weren't made into alternate costumes. That way, we could have had more opportunities to have a more diverse roster in SSB4.
How would less characters make it more diverse?

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
He's saying that by removing the clones from the roster, we have space for more deserving characters.
No. That is not true.

The clones take up literally no space whatsoever. They are free characters.

If they did not exist as separate characters, nobody else would replace them. It is literally a choice between them and nothing.

And that is not opinion, that is cold, objective fact.

Last edited:

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
:4darkpit: is the only character I truly want removed by the next Smash game.

Everyone else is fine in my books, including :4drmario: and :4lucina:.

tru.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
How would less characters make it more diverse?
No. That is not true.

The clones take up literally no space whatsoever. They are free characters.

If they did not exist as separate characters, nobody else would replace them. It is literally a choice between them and nothing.

And that is not opinion, that is cold, objective fact.
Clones are free characters, I understand, but they are still counted as a character on the roster list of the 51 characters (including Miis). If they have a title of "free characters" and they were removed, the amount of characters would still essentially decrease, regardless if they are clone or not. My point here is that I believe, personally, they are still characters.

Although this is pretty situational, if the creators of SSB4 were aiming for 51 characters exactly, and the 3 clones were removed, they'd still have to make 3 more characters to make up for their list. Therefor, I think clones with extremely similar moves to their originals should be alternate costumes. Did this make sense? If not, I'll try to rephrase this as best as I can.

I'm so glad this is a mature argument, and it hasn't ended up like some other threads I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom