• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Characters do you want as dlc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Lolz

Smash Apprentice
-Ice Climbers. They should be free DLC/Update Data IMO. They should have been in the game in the first place so fix it sakurai.
-Dixie Kong. She was just in tropical freeze, and is super cute! Plus donkey kong needs more reps.
-Captain Syrup, super fun wario character.
-Ridley. So people will SHUT THE **** UP.
-Splatoon! Needs to happen... Paint the stage and jump through it for awesome mind games and stage control.
-Slippy. Please it would be so funny!

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
This is assuming there are no characters added by the WiiU release and stuff, I suppose.
In that case:

Lip. Oh god yes. While I am opening up to Dr. Mario back now(Big franchise, clone of the face of Nintendo, easy stuff), he is not enough to represent puzzle games. One clone is just not enough. Neither is Yoshi and the Pokes, they represent their own franchises, not the puzzle spin-offs. Which is why Lip would be perfect. She's the only character that has puzzle game origins and not alterations of other franchises. It's also a Japanese-only game, and such games are just as much a part of Nintendo history IMO. And also:she's a female, and a very young one at that. Would be a great pick.

Ray 01:While I am rooting for the GC version, I wouldn't mind the other Rays. Anyhoo, Custom Robo has been around since N64 and has a fairly good part in Nintendo history. Sakurai's old excuse about "no-projectile-main characters" has been blown to dust by Mega Man and Mii Gunner, so there's not too much of a excuse for him. Noise(The company making the series) certainly dosen't mind pushing him for Smash back in Melee for a mere Trophy, so why object to character promotion?

Issac. I'm not a big time fan of Golden Sun, but I've played enough to notice the fun, and I definately know the history of this game. There aren't that many franchises with a million seller, that has not been repped yet in Smash through playables. And there are none, no franchises that originated in GBA that has been repped. In that case, why not start with the franchise that is one of the most famous franchises that's portable exclusive.(Well DS hasn't been repped yet either, but they do have a Tomodachi stage, so...)And for people thinking he'd be similiar to Robin, I'm pretty sure that they're different.

Lucas & Wolf.Both veterans. Both in Brawl, so easy to import. Both from a under-repped franchises. So why the hell not?

Mewtwo:While I don't care much for him, I sincerely hope he's in just to shut people up. Lucario is NOT why Mewtwo was replaced in Brawl, Sonic and time constraints were. And if he is similiar enough, just give him a new neutral B.

DK rep:Either of the popular two will do. DK has proven itself to be a big franchise, so I wouldn't mind one, if not two(though that would mean that one is likely to be a semi-clone) and it would help to turn away hate saying about too much representation for other franchises(FE, Mario...)

Tater

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Taternater
3DS FC
2406-5307-2936
I think it'd be cool to see Tom Nook playable, but that's not gonna happen even with DLC. All I need to be happy is Mewtwo.

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
Mewtwo: If Dr.Mario can come back why not him ?
Ice Climbers: It would be smart to make them DLC since they aren't in the final build
Krystal: I can still dream besides another popular Nintendo female character plus she would be a good replacement for Wolf
Ridley: It would cool to see him plus two Samuses is bit unfair Ridley would be a welcome 3rd rep
Dixie: I'd love to see her plus more Dixie love after Tropical Freeze
Dr. Luigi: Dr. Mario can't be the only Dr. in the roster plus I'd love to see how they handle him

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Going to tier them based on interest....

S Tier: Isaac
A Tier: Mewtwo
B Tier: ---------
C Tier: Chibi Robo, Andy/Sami, Mallo, Ice Climbers, Bayonetta, Fawful, Pious Augustus (Eternal Darkness)
D Tier: Ridley, Fiora, Lucas, Mr. Resetti, Inkling (Would be higher but they haven't proven themselves yet)
E Tier: King K Rool, Chorus Men/Marshall, Lip, Ray Mk III, Sukapon
F Tier: Krystal, Dixie Kong, Skyward Sword Impa
Joke Tier: Sandbag (If Sakurai MUST include a weird wtf character, I'd want it to be Sandbag)

(F Tier is still positive interest, just not as much as the others)

Didn't take likelihood into account, that's why I included Bayonetta, Fawful and Pious Augustus. Also assumed that current assist trophies won't be promoted. Isaac and Mewtwo are the only two left that I really want.

Last edited:

SoraYoshi

Smash Cadet
NNID
xNinjaYoshix
3DS FC
0130-1855-1624
I want any character who was cut (Snake, Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, Roy, Mewtwo.)
Even Young Link and Pichu even as long as they aren't like 10$ a pop.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
Every character we lost along the way. Roy, Mewtwo, and Pichu return from Melee. Wolf, Snake, Lucas, and Ice Climbers (Wii U only, I guess?) return from Brawl. From there I don't particularly have individual characters I'd like to see. I just don't like cutting from previous games.

HewhosmasheS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
balmerZZZ91
3DS FC
2036-7682-0346
Young link because of the potential moveset he could have that would make him one of the mos unique smashers in the game. Bomberman because he cloud have an interesting moveset too

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'd say Bandana Dee, Fiora, Isaac, Marshal, and maybe Impa for newcomers; and Snake, Wolf, Mewtwo, and the Ice Climbers (if Sakurai can find a way to make them work) as vets.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Status